What feature do you regret not having?

Candell

Reaction score
I have had the car for a year now and loving it, although really wish I had the memory seat function. The wife never used my previous cars unless she needed the boot space for a trip, however since having a whine at me for buying an estate that is also an automatic, she has come to love it and won't leave my car on the drive!

She's quite small so she moves the seat every time, grrrrrr.

Now that it's getting darker, I also wish I had the Matrix lights and fancy interior LED lights pack, what do you wish you'd specced?

Adaptive cruise control

Reactions: BeagleKCH and scotty76
None that I can think of because I think that I ticked almost every box anyway... :grimacing:

Reactions: NeilHD and Paul Golding
S-tronic box and adjustable head rests. Don't know what I would give up though to have stayed in same budget...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not got mine yet, but the VC would've been nice; but it's not an option on its own. I'm hoping the headrests don't bother me, but as I can't recall adjusting them once in the almost 10 years I've had the current Audi, I'm guessing having them fixed will be no problem.

For some reason, I really don't like the default seat cover, especially after seeing one with Nappa in the showroom, so that was probably my biggest must have.

Adaptive Cruise Control for me too.

Reactions: scotty76
My S5 cab is on order and the wait is on.

Daytona grey
Grey roof
Light and vision pack
Comfort and sound pack
Flat bottom steering wheel
Memory seats
Folding mirrors
Drive pack tour
Wind block
Carbon atlas trim

Had to stop there. Only thing maybe was parking pack advanced but getting out of control on money

I wondered about a rear view camera, but I’ve read that others don’t find it particularly useful. While on holiday I was driven around in a car that had it and I was quite impressed. That said, I’m used to the size of the Avant now so perhaps it wouldn’t add as much as I think.

Ours has precisely one extra, metallic paint, but to be honest the only thing I think I'd 100% like to have is the storage pack, happy enough with standard spec and still enjoying 3ltr engine and Quattro combination.

Rear view camera is awesome and I can honestly say I wouldn’t be without it.. FYI it can be retrofitted for around £600.. and well worth it IMHO

Reactions: cuke2u
I might have gone for the tech pack in hindsight as I didn’t realise you don’t get map updates without it. VC would have been nice but to be honest the 7inch DIS which now comes as standard on Sport and S-Line is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACC with traffic jam assist would have been nice options for me and im absolutely gutted I didn't tick the hill hold assist and ambient light colour package options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't spec mine, it was a stock car. The options I miss not having are:
Folding mirrors (miss the visual sign the car is locked and the mirror dropping in reverse)
Storage pack
Adaptive cruise control
Heads up display (I had it on my last car and miss it now)

Reactions: Rocksteve69
For the same reasons as RichardMMM above, folding mirrors.

High beam assist (the paperwork I was given stated it had it but it ain’t there!)
Also would have liked Black Edition as I’m not a big fan of chrome.

As my car is an ex demo and I wanted to get a car ASAP they were minor things to give up for the rest of the spec I wanted

I acrually miss having the car, still waiting from the beginning of July.

The only optional extra I wanted was folding mirrors for the auto dip function. Managed to find a stock car with that and privacy glass, which I wasn’t fussed about, but since the car was silver I thought it would go well with it. And it does.

Reactions: Inked and Daggerit
The only optional extra I wanted was folding mirrors for the auto dip function. Managed to find a stock car with that and privacy glass, which I wasn’t fussed about, but since the car was silver I thought it would go well with it. And it does.

Isn't the dipping mirror something that can be added through coding? I just need to figure out how.

Isn't the dipping mirror something that can be added through coding? I just need to figure out how.
I didn’t know that when I bought mine as it was a recently introduced model. Even if I had known, I would have been reluctant to tamper with the electrics for fear of prejudicing the warranty.

As it happens, the auto dip stopped working after about 3 months so I took it into the dealers to get it fixed. I was rather taken aback to be told that it wasn’t working because my vehicle didn’t have the function! So I went back to the salesman and got him to confirm that I had spec’d and paid for auto dip, at which point the service dept backed down and eventually it was all fixed. I have since realised that the service dept must have thought I’d activated it through coding! They are obviously alive to the practice of coding and no doubt have to deal with all sorts of try-ons.

Advanced key - had it on my old car and really miss it on my new one.

I recently had a hire car with head up display and really liked it.

ACC would be possibly quite useful but having never driven a car with it, I can't vouch for how much I'd want it. :)

Ah The mirrors! There is hardly any point having an auto dimming interior mirror when you continue to be dazzled left & right.
Mine was a stock car, lease deal with metallic and hill hold only. It has plenty and I'm very very happy but....

So for me, auto dimming, folding, tilting door mirrors would be the one I'd spec next.

FYI for the auto dipping left mirror, the left/right selector thing has to be set to the left mirror for it to work. Caused me a bit of a headache when I’d flipped it to adjust the drivers side mirror and the auto dip stopped working.

I wish I’d specced the adaptive ride - 19 in and sport suspension on the S4 isn’t bad, it’s just not great but couldn’t afford any more extras at the time.

I wish I’d specced the adaptive ride - 19 in and sport suspension on the S4 isn’t bad, it’s just not great but couldn’t afford any more extras at the time.

I didn't find the standard suspension particularly harsh when I test drove the car originally, but it is nice having the adaptive versions for being able to do comfortable motorway cruising and then increasing the damping for twisty roads. :)