Facelift What exhausts have people got? Post some pics and videos trying to decide what to do with mine

Toby Young

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am picking up my new S3 at the end of the month, I was wondering what aftermarket exhaust everyone has got. Want something that will crackle and pop on downshifts, but i want it to be quite enough when around town. Thanks in advance, look forward to seeing what everyone has got.

I have a Milltek sport cat down pipe and will probably go for a full Milltek system at some point with resonator, valves and polished oval tips - would love to hear one if anyone has any vids of the same.

I have a Milltek sport cat down pipe and will probably go for a full Milltek system at some point with resonator, valves and polished oval tips - would love to hear one if anyone has any vids of the same.
What does yours sound like with the Milltek downpipe, much difference?

Reactions: Rob2k68
What does yours sound like with the Milltek downpipe, much difference?

No barely any difference at all to be fair maybe the slightest change of tone when under boost. It's no bad thing though and exactly what I was looking for I didn't want anything intrusive into the cabin so that the refinement was maintained.

Reactions: azibux1
I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust on my soon to be replaced 2014 VW GLI .2.0T 210HP. with a 2017 S3
This I think would sound pretty similar on an S3....low and throaty on acceleration...nice sound, not obtrusive, sounds good on overrun. There is a bit of drone, but you will get that with any performance exhaust. Pricey: for an S3 $1,950.00 Canadian( 1200.00 quid) or $1450.00 US (1200 quid ) shipping extra.
Magnaflow exhausts are all SS and of a very high quality with a lifetime warranty and are a direct replacement of factory system using existing hangers etc. Also includes exhaust valves for dual mode exhaust

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19233

Last edited:
Here is my IPE

Remote option to:
Open
Close
Auto depending on throttle position

Reactions: RO65ERS, azibux1 and Rob2k68
Here is my IPE

Remote option to:
Open
Close
Auto depending on throttle position

That's actually quite nice after the 10 second mark... I assume before is with valves closed?

Has anyone ever has a straight through and a normal pipe that goes to the rear silencer with a valve to open and close the straight through exhaust pipe? Want a "machine gun" exhaust when I am downshifting and going for it but not when I am driving normally. Hope that makes sense haha

Has anyone ever has a straight through and a normal pipe that goes to the rear silencer with a valve to open and close the straight through exhaust pipe? Want a "machine gun" exhaust when I am downshifting and going for it but not when I am driving normally. Hope that makes sense haha
Kind of like the Bluetooth exhaust that the Mini John Cooper works has

Erm.... the exhaust in your profile pic.... "machine gun" sound won't happen without the software being altered to remove the fuel cut off.

Erm.... the exhaust in your profile pic.... "machine gun" sound won't happen without the software being altered to remove the fuel cut off.
That's just a photo I found online haha. ahh okay, I'm a complete novice with stuff like this so am just trying to find out what the best way to do stuff is haha

That's just a photo I found online haha. ahh okay, I'm a complete novice with stuff like this so am just trying to find out what the best way to do stuff is haha

No worries. Search power valve on YouTube and you find the sound clip for mine.