What Exhaust system for S3 ?

willmac

Reaction score
I see that most people go for Milltek.
Is this regarded to be the best ? Or are there other options out there with same performance gains etc.

I have seen a few youtube vids of the Milltek and nice sound it produces, but how does it sound in the car ? Not looking for a system that is too "boomy" if you know what I mean.

Would I need full system, or just back sections ? Car will be stock initially and will be looking to hike up power at later date.
I know that this has been covered in previous threads, but with new stuff coming on the market all the time, just thought I would get the general feel for whats available at the moment.
Cheers

Mv sport & Blueflame are 2 others to go for ......The S3 OEM section from the cat back isnt that restrictive tbh so the cheaper option is to replace the downpipe & cat which is very restrictive !
I'd say the popular one to go for at present is the MV sport down pipe & cat......there is a good write up on here comparing it to the standard oem cat.
By doing this your releasing the extra flow/bhp and keeping pretty much the same sound keeping the cat back oem.

If i were you id go Remap/intake first........fuel pump/exhaust afterwards imo.

you should go for the turbo back. cat-back has no gains because most restrictive part is downpipe (don't have pics of stock vs milltek dp but once you'll change it, you'll see why). with the tbe turbo spools faster.
i went for the turbo back resonated milltek. it sounds nicely, while cruising it sounds just like oem, but when you rev it high it louder than oem but not too much. in the car sounds just like oem (maybe little bit louder). now i changed from res to non-res and now it wakes up the dead :rockwoot:

Going for TBE exhaust will require you to get a stage 2 map to eliminate the sensor on the stock DP.

For example

REVO stage 1+2 = £550
Intake = c £300+
TBE Exhaust = £1000 plus fitting

Then you will have to consider a clutch/flywheel upgrade which will cost £950 plus fitting

I currently have a non-resonated milltek cat back on my S3 and I love the noise. Probably a bit loud for most but I am young lol

Ditto, go stage 1 remap first, then follow up with the Exhaust later to appreciate the gains. Milltek have done some recent R&D into the Sportback model to ensure good fitment, I know this because I loaned them my car.

If you want zero drone but all the gains it must be the resonated system which still enables you to cruise in absolute comfort.

Thanks for all the info. I am learning all the time on this site.
Car will have DSG so will need to do a bit of research into all the options for remap first then, before I consider the exhaust. Thanks for all your help.

Not sure N8, do not fully understand remaps for DSG box car , thought that if you wanted to remap it had to combine a DSG upgrade ?
I am a newbie to all this

I have the MV Sport DP and 100 Cell Sports Cat mated to my OEM Catback Section.

A couple of videos of my S3 with the MV Sport DP fitted with my OEM Catback, This modification has made a huge difference, the turbo now spools lower down and pulls like a train. When driving normally its as quiet as OEM but when you open the throttle up the car roars into life which sounds amazing. MV Sport DP has a big thumbs up from me :) :icon_thumright:

MV Sport DP

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=MVI_0918.flv

MV Sport DP Moving Video

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=MVI_0916.flv

Have a read through these threads for some info:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?83608-MV-Sport-S3-8P-Downpipe-Conversion&highlight=

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?83998-MV-Sport-Downpipe-GROUP-BUY-10-15-OFF&highlight=

Cheers Davie

Last edited:
Cheers Davie,
Would have been good to have heard it at the Glasgow meet, but unfortunately will not be able to make May 9th due to work. Maybe be able to hook up some other time

I'm looking to do my exhaust now aswell, i'm probably gonna go with blueflame and apparently revo and blueflame are starting development together.

I have the blueflame on my stage2+ ed30.
It's a different sound to the milltek but I particularly like the non branded tailpipes plus it has no rear silencer visible from the back of the car unlike the milltek.

I have the blueflame on my stage2+ ed30.
It's a different sound to the milltek but I particularly like the non branded tailpipes plus it has no rear silencer visible from the back of the car unlike the milltek.

Is it the full system you have on the ed30?

Do you think it's louder than the Milltek?I'm looking for something pretty menancing sounding and I think I'll be going for a downpipe to de-cat pipe onto a straight through centre section then onto a custom back box if I manage to hear a blueflame and decide it's not loud enough!

The ITG intake and Forge DV are here waiting to go on, in a couple of weeks hopefully I'll have the exhaust and Revo code ready to go aswell! :jump: