What Else Can Leak ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I've done the n249 bypass and fitted a catch can but im sure I still have a boost leak somewhere.

But where else should I be looking as all the ones that are prone to leaking have been removed or replaced?

The SAI if you have one

Mines been completely removed and blanked off due to it leaking

(Edit - sorry I didn't read the boost part....worth taking out the SAI if you have it though IMO lol)

****ty charge pipe off the turbo (specially if it's "quick clamp"), cracked intercooler... Could be anything really, worth going to a garage with a smoke tester if you think you've deffo got a leak. Are you getting a fault code?

Thanks guys ;)

I would take it to a garage to get it smoke tested if I could find one near me that had a smoke tester.

The only related fault code I'm getting is:

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V)
P1297 - 35-00

But this code has only just started showing up and I've had this problem before it showed up.

What's making me think I have a leak is because when I put my foot down I can hear the turbo spool up but I don't feel the extra power kick in like it did before and also my boost gauge only goes from -20 to just over the 0.

I've been thinking about doing a day pressure test but can't find a good enough guide showing where to put it and what to block off.

Check your charge pipe first. Then check every hose and clamp from
The turbo to the TB. My bet is simething has come loose!

Check your charge pipe first. Then check every hose and clamp from
The turbo to the TB. My bet is simething has come loose!

Thanks mate

I had a quick look at the hoses again today but I couldn't find anything.

But I'm only checking the hoses I can get at from the engine bay because I don't have access to the ramps at the moment :(

Any other suggestions?