what downpipes are people using for a3 agu engines

mk1kid

Reaction score
thinking to upgrade my downpipe as i have a decat system already and fitting a ko3 this summer as mines smoking just thought well if exhaust is off etc why not upgrade downpipe but stumped on what options or which way to go about it

thinking to upgrade my downpipe as i have a decat system already and fitting a ko3 this summer as mines smoking just thought well if exhaust is off etc why not upgrade downpipe but stumped on what options or which way to go about it

I guess you mean fitting a K03S?

Just buy one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-GTi-B...CarParts_SM&hash=item58882cd9ac#ht_2406wt_911.

OK, you have a decat already, but that's a bargin, and is bolt on and go. Perfect fit. Great bit of kit. Cheap too.

how have you got a decat without a downpipe? the only way to do that would be to fit a dp/decat pipe,

unless it's a bodge job where someone has pointlessly cut out the cat from the standard downpipe- the most pointless mod possible, as it's the downpipe that's restrictive, not the cat.....

good point prawn i need to have a good look under the car tomorrow ive only had a quick look but usually when you kill a car with a cat doesnt it stink of egg lol

not really, it'll only smell of egg if it's over fuelling..... If it's running right it won't smell at all no matter how you drive it.

the standard cat isn't restrictive at all really, not compared to the standard downpipe,

So, if someone HAS cut the cat out on the standard downpipe then they're a clueless muppet who's done something based on ******** they've heard in the pub!

Get a 3'' DP and Decat on there and let it breath out properly!