What do you use to clean your nobbly dash?

dsl55

exploring other avenues
Reaction score
as title really, haven't given it a proper good clean inside and being s line it's got the weird matt black nobbly type dash, normal duster would just catch and i don't want to use those dash wipes etc

any tips?

Just used the dust buster brush... and the mircofibre cloth.

To actually get rid of dust and not just blow it about i sometimes use one of those lint rollers for getting bits off of clothes.

i use the brush attachment on the hover, gets in all the bits, also good for going over all the controls eg radio, as it gets in all the buttons

:iagree: if its only dust, anything more then damp microfibre cloth will do the trick!

good shouts, don't want to ruin it in the first month, already got a couple of stone chips, might buy a bra (for the bonnet, not my middle aged man boobs)

I use a wag myself. Provided you look after them they last a lifetime and are good for bathrooms and kitchens too.

I use a wag myself. Provided you look after them they last a lifetime and are good for bathrooms and kitchens too.

as in a wife and/or/as well as a girlfriend? if so you're doing well to get yours cleaning the car, mine treats hers like her very own mobile dustbin and expects it to be spotless & full of diesel every monday!

Brush attachment on the hoover is the best thing. Not even a cloth can get at the dust that settles in the gaps between buttons, stalk controls and heater vents

Brush attachment on the hoover is the best thing. Not even a cloth can get at the dust that settles in the gaps between buttons, stalk controls and heater vents

+1

damp microfibre cloth for the main bits - clean long hair paint brush for the fiddly bits and then poorboys natural look dressing

Richard

Mine has a auto clean function... called valet!

Pedro

fair play if you can afford it but the guy i use charges £60 a pop for a decent one so generally try & do it myself! there are quite a lot of hand car washes set up round here now, mainly eastern european guys who do a good job but use some dodgy materials/liquids so i refuse to use them.

fair play if you can afford it but the guy i use charges £60 a pop for a decent one so generally try & do it myself! there are quite a lot of hand car washes set up round here now, mainly eastern european guys who do a good job but use some dodgy materials/liquids so i refuse to use them.

In truth I have to do it like that as I live in a flat in central london so even If I want I can't wash the car... When motor was in Portugal last year I always washed it with care... I am afraid I can't take care of it as I would want... perks of living in central london and not being rich...

Pedro

fair play pedro, i take having a drive and outside tap for granted!

I give it a hoover with the brush attachment and a wipe down with a damp chamois

Me too - I find this works well. Then finish it with Autoglym Interior Shampoo (I think that's the name). Works well on all surfaces.

To clean the interior, i tend to vacuum all the nooks and crannies and then the seats and carpet. I then give the dash and panels a wipe with Poorboys Natural on a warm damp microfibre cloth. This should hopefully give it a lint/dust free clean new look.

When using a hover, keep it away from the temp sensor. The 3 or 4 striped holes near the heater controls. It says in the manual, that you can damage them.

Just a small note.

As mentioned - hoover with the brush attachment.
I apply a coat of Werkstat Satin prot too - it's a matt finish but brings all the plactics back to life. Easy to apply and remove too.

Hoover brush attachment for normal dusting for me too.

For giving it a proper clean and to remove dirt, I use Comma Interior Cleaner spray and a microfibre cloth. It got the best review in the Autoexpress Product Test, it doesn't leave any shiny residue and leaves all surfaces looking "natural".

Same product also got best review for upholstery cleaning too, so I also give the (cloth) seats a spray and wipe with that too to remove surface grime....