What do you think?

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
Just put my winter wheels and tyres on the car. The car is relatively new to me and I knew it would need a pair of rear tyres, but when I took them off I noticed that the tread has cracked.

View attachment 25062

View attachment 25063

image by phil.seagust, on Flickr

image by phil.seagust, on Flickr

I know the tyres are getting very close to changing, but thought I might have got a month or 2 out of them after winter.

What do you think?

Phil

look bald on the edge.
I think your ok so long as you don't drive too fast, don't drive in the wet, don't drive in the snow, don't drive in the ice, don't get pulled over.
Im thinking you best get your wallet out actually lol

Andy

They look worst in the photos. I know they need changing, and I have put my winter wheels and tyres on. Do you think I will get an month out of them after winter?

I don't want them to split or blow out when the wife is driving.

Andy

I don't want them to split or blow out when the wife is driving.

Think you've answered your own question phil but just remember if she's driving and it happens she pays or does it not work like that under your roof? lol

I pay for the car and the running costs, saying that she did buy it for me (funny thing is she used my card)

I think I will have to wait until I get paid in January 😂

ha ha sounds like she has you well trained lol
its one of them things, you could risk it but is the risk worth it for an extra month. pot hole, kirb or anything and it might just blow out

That's the winter wheels on. Had another issue, noticed that one of the alloys has been repaired not very well and there is a crack in the same area. So not happy at the moment.

So I have gone from some very nice alloys

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388335878205503

To these 😟
Can't complain got the 4 alloys, 2 new tyres and 2 part worn all for £70.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388335982506244

And this is the best one, will get them refurbished in summer.

Phil

Rubber degrades overtime so if you have a tyre on say a 6 year old car with low miles your tyres could still be knackered due to the rubber ageing.

Not sure I didn't really look that close, just didn't like the way it's cracked all the way around the tyre.
Just need to get the alloy repaired and the new tyres ready for summer

Tuck a little bit away each month over winter then fork out as soon as the winter tyres come off. It's gotta be done mate...