What do you think?

DJ-S3

Reaction score
Hopefully going to look at this car on the weekend, and was wondering what you thought of it?

2007 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

Obviously i need to make sure it's had it's cambelt and water pump changed, but a part from that, is it a good price? I was kind of hoping it was over priced so i can actually afford to buy it when i tell them it's over priced :ermm: I was kind of hoping £13000, i know, rather cheeky asking that, but no harm in trying:) I can only push to £13500 and that's when i'll have to walk away.

Oh and i have noticed their inability to spell haha, one mistake is fine but wawwww hahahaha.

Dom

as long as its had all the right bits done at the right time then why not.. I met a guy from here S3 MRU who has a similiar age/mileage car and his is absolutely mint! the interior was literally like new. Might even go as far as sayin cleaner than my 35k car. Just got to make sure its been looked after!

Think it's worth what im willing to pay for it? Or and i beening a bit too cheeky to ask for so much off?

Think it's worth what im willing to pay for it? Or and i beening a bit too cheeky to ask for so much off?

i dont think thats too much off at all! people put £500-1000 on top of cars all the time. He knows hes going to be bidded! go for it! but as you say, check its absolutley sound prior to bidding!

I don't think anyone lists a car expecting to actually get that price. It's kinda assumed that you're going to be haggled down unless the car is special in some way.

Interior looks in good nick, hard to tell with the alloys and bodywork but looks nice :) . If the cambelt has been done, go for it! Good luck!

No ask, no get :thumbsup:

Thats what i thought :) I tend to put mine up £500 more than i'm willing to let it go for. I'll just have to see what they say if it looks in tip top shape. Then i'll be a Audi owner again:happy:

defo chip away at the price, i managed to get mine down by £600, as someone has already said, dont ask dont get

I've found a few others, i'm thinking the one with the RS4 seats as if i wanted i bet someone would swap me standard leather ones plus cash my way for them....

RS4 seats
2007 AUDI S3 S3 QUATTRO 3DR (265 BHP)

How usefull is a built in sat-nav though? As thats something i really wanted one.....

Alarm bells are ringing a little about this one... the seats are a bonus but someone has had some fun with it - had all the badges off it and boshed an exhaust on. Could have had a hard life me thinks....

when are you off to see these cars? and can you see all of them in the same day?

I could see two of them in one day, as there only like 24miles away, max. But the second link that i put up, the one without the RS4 seats, is like 187miles away from me.

Not sure if there heated, i'll find out tomorrow, going to look at that one on my dinner break. Get an hour and a half, but as i work for the farther i'm sure he'll let me have some more time to give it a proper look over:)

I thought it had a after market exhaust on it. Any tale teld signs of abuse i can look out for?

I could see two of them in one day, as there only like 24miles away, max. But the second link that i put up, the one without the RS4 seats, is like 187miles away from me.

Not sure if there heated, i'll find out tomorrow, going to look at that one on my dinner break. Get an hour and a half, but as i work for the farther i'm sure he'll let me have some more time to give it a proper look over:)

I thought it had a after market exhaust on it. Any tale teld signs of abuse i can look out for?

well all i can say is look at the two and drive both and then your head will tell you which one you want. and if you get the one with the recaros then let me know if you want to sawp seat but other than that hope you decide on which on and hope we can welcome you to the club soon :D

Cheers Morells. Be glad to be back, only been a year and i miss the luxury and power. Although it was an 8l S3.

Right, I've been to see the white one with the RS4 bucket seats and they are headted and are in perfect working order, in fact the car would be perfect if it hat sat nav and 6cd changer in the glove box. How hard is it to fit a 6cd changer? And what would be the cost of it?

It hasn't had a cambelt change! Full Audi service history to date. Everything is in working order. How much does Audi charge to change the cambelt? He tried saying it didn't need one doing until i told him it was 5years old and it needed doing every 5years or 60000miles, then he did a cheeky smile. The cheek! He also said he thought the miltek exhaust was standard on the car, now i didn't know whether i should of told him or not because if he then looked it up and bumped price up i'd cry. ha. Couldn't see if it was a full system or just back box or even cat back as i couldn't get under the car at the time. Sounded nice when he started it and i rev'd it though.

Oh and i am now in love with the RS4 bucket seats, in fact i cant get them out of my head, although i didnt understand why they didn't move forward when you tried to get in the back, you have to adjust the seat which was a paint, but whene you pull the handle to open them is amazing!

cam belts about £400..

RS4 buckets are a must if you love them. Trust me i made that mistake and ended up having to fork out for a set!!

Milltek standard OMG what a ****. He knows it werent standard!

Sounds like a nice car, you can always add CD changer & Nav!

cam belts about £400..

RS4 buckets are a must if you love them. Trust me i made that mistake and ended up having to fork out for a set!!

Milltek standard OMG what a ****. He knows it werent standard!

Sounds like a nice car, you can always add CD changer & Nav!

Hmmmmmmmm..... What to do, had a look at the s3 with 70000miles on it, with sat nav and 6cd changer which i want, but it didnt have the RS4 seats!!!

70k is a lot of running but as long as it has been maintained you shouldnt have a problem other than that the recaros would be a must but easily retro fitted just make sure the one you buy without has heated seats if you want to go down that route

70k is a lot of running but as long as it has been maintained you shouldnt have a problem other than that the recaros would be a must but easily retro fitted just make sure the one you buy without has heated seats if you want to go down that route

I haven't come across a s3 without heated seats yet, both had heated seats by the way.

Whats everyone's opinions on how many owners the cars had? Would you call 3previous owners a lot for a 5year old car?

1 year for the first owner if it's a fleet car or just someone with a few quid who likes to keep their cars new.
2 years for each subsequent owner.

S3s are the sort of car people buy if they really enjoy driving - i.e. the kind of people who get bored of their car very quickly because they want to try something else. So I don't think it's a stupidly high number of owners, although I reckon you can find one with less. As long as it's in good nick, it makes **** all difference to me.

I definitely wouldnt worry about the owners, as mentioned perfomance car owners tend to chop and change quite frequently. Plus they are good second hand buys, hence why your looking at one!

70k is at the higher end of average but it's kind of irrelevant if you are buying on condition. A well maintained motor that has clocked up 70k's worth of motorway miles is much better than one thats clocked up 50k's worth stuck in traffic.

Good to know, cheers. Going to test drive the RS4 seats one, then if all is good offer him a price, a price i think it's worth that is. Bearing in mind it's due a cambelt change. Fingers crossed and i might be a Audi owner once again!!:thumbsup:

He wouldn't move a penny down. Just said he'd only accept asking price!!

He wouldn't move a penny down. Just said he'd only accept asking price!!

It doesn't surprise me that much, had a very similar scenario with mine from the stealers. Cars with buckets tend to demand a premium and we are also still talking low mileage to boot. I'd be bidding him on the basis it's been debadged with a non standard exhaust fitted...these points are not in the sellers favour so i'd 'enlighten' him that it ain't ​standard!

It doesn't surprise me that much, had a very similar scenario with mine from the stealers. Cars with buckets tend to demand a premium and we are also still talking low mileage to boot. I'd be bidding him on the basis it's been debadged with a non standard exhaust fitted...these points are not in the sellers favour so i'd 'enlighten' him that it ain't ​standard!

I'm tempted to send a friend in and get him to offer just a bit under what i said i was willing to pay, then another friend another week. (thats if it hasn't sold) Then when it doesn't sell i'll walk back in a week after and offer him the same price. I did offer him a really low price though, mainly because it still has finance on it!! Cambelt needs changing, and exhaust. I told him my reasons, but he didn't seem bothered!