what do you think?

mathu

Reaction score
hey guys i just changed my alloys and wanted to know what u think and also what colour i should paint my callipers

before:
6074379742_6515ef893d_b.jpg

after:
6074353500_321ff1f098_b.jpg

I like them :) They really suit your car mate!
I'm keeping it simple with my callipers, silver or black, as the standard brakes are nothing to shout about haha.

The wheels are very nice. I've got the standard '08 Sport alloys, which show a lot of the caliper, but I've gone with black on mine as they were all grey and nasty and I just wanted to make them look like new.
I'd stick with black or silver, as the other Dan says, the standard brakes are nothing special. IMHO the bigger calipers look good in different colours, but the standard ones look too small behind big wheels and this would be highlighted if you paint them something bright.

like the wheels man as the others have said do them sliver or black , ive done mine in silver they were black before got bored so changed the colour of them lol can post a picy if you like to get an idea

Wheels look awesome, and as mentioned I'd go Black for your calipers mate

Wheels don't do much for me I'm afraid. Saw a Sport yesterday with originals painted Black which was OK but non OEM wheels look a bit 'Halfords' to me. Sorry just my opinion.

Aren't they Audi originals or replica's of an original Audi wheel? I can't for the life of me think where I've seen them before, but I know I have on this forum somewhere.
I did a search on google images and there is one that says it's an R8 replica, but I'm sure that's not it.
This is going to bug me for the rest of the day, can anyone help me out?

Im pretty sure they are r8 replicas.

I think you're right Sandra. The R8 V10 has them on it on the 'R8 Exterior style features' page. Thanks.

What a massive improvement with the wheels mate - really suit your car

I think I'm opting for the black calipers....not sure if silver will 'interfere' with the facial appearance of your rims ?

cheers guys, glad you like them, yes they are audi R8 V10 alloys, took me ages to source them for a good price, any recommendations as to where i can buy the paint from coz halfords don't sell the kit in black.

cheers guys, glad you like them, yes they are audi R8 V10 alloys, took me ages to source them for a good price, any recommendations as to where i can buy the paint from coz halfords don't sell the kit in black.
halfords !!! I'd get a sprayer to do them,they look sweet and transform the car

You dont need a 'kit'...the caliper paint kits are brush painted and are horrible. Don't pay someone through the nose for something you can EASILY do yourself!

- You need a can of 'high temperature' paint in whichever colour you choose. (can probably buy in halfords)

- Buy a tin of 'panel wipe' from a paint shop, if not use some form of degreaser.

- Clean and de-grease the area really well.

- Mask the bits you don't want painted...then paint!

are they 18's or 19's mate? and have you done anything else to the car? as in lowering springs, collies?

are they 18's or 19's mate? and have you done anything else to the car? as in lowering springs, collies?

there 18's, didn't do anything to the ride still on the standard sport suspension, i don't think ill lower it any time soon as it doesn't too much like a tractor lol, but have done a few small mods to the car tho.

I was at Audi Tamworth yesterday and I was looking at them on the R8 yesterday, i was thinking they do look the nuts but not seen them on an A3 they really suit it, great purchase.

Chris.