what do you think ?

BASS 666

BMW aye right dead on..
Reaction score
here is a photo of my car with the back lights showing. as you can see round the edge of the b6 back lights is a reflector so that bit doesnt light up. the other photo is the same only with the reflector painted the same colour as the car. what do you think ? obviously you would need to get it done by a professional. by the way the second pic is photoshoped..
IMG_1655.jpg

Last edited:
My opinion (for what its worth)
it makes the car look narrow at the back
also how would you get rid of the light to body panel gaps ?
you cant fill them or anything as the lights need removing for bulb changes .

im on the fence. might get a scrappy set off a mate and get them painted to see what they look like.

im not sure either, but i do know. Mud flaps are gaaaay! No offence!

The reflector is a legal requirement. You might find that changing the colour from red is illegal, so check carefully before you proceed.

Oh, and mudflaps are an excellent way of protecting the lower sills and rear bumper from dirt and damage.

Oh, and mudflaps are an excellent way of protecting the lower sills and rear bumper from dirt and damage.[/QUOTE]

And if you have them on the back of your bike they help prevent your **** getting dirty too!!! ;)

My personal thoughts are on the fence unfortunately - i think, as advised above, the best course of actiuon is to source a second set of lights and try it on them and see how you feel. When I did my grilles I bought a second set so I could swap and play around until I was happy - this was the best course of action for me. There are a lot of cheap parts over the christmas period as well on ebay.....

id not do it myself plus if you look at the lights the part you are thinking of painting lines up nice with the boot spoiler and looks good that way.

How about covering the whole light unit in red Lamin-x? I think that would look better.

Last edited:
iyrix when you spend a fortune on a bodykit and have it chipped stupid and full of road tar all for the sake of four mudflaps then gaaaay they are not. and i hope the next time a big stone from the car in front hits your car you still say they are gaaaay cause if he had mudflaps on then your car wouldnt have got hit with the big stone... thanks chris555 i see you have taste lol. yeah james its worth considering mate. think i will get a set of my scrappy mate and get them painted and then make up my own mind. watch this space...

Your car looks good Bass,,, all that hard work and money it's a good idea to protect the lower parts with mud-guards,,, looking at getting some my-self, all that grit from last winter has left some stone-chips on the bottom of my rear valance !!!

cheers digger i have door blades on now also so i dont want them chipped..

i will put them on mine when i get the extra cash