What do you have in your garage?

danA3T

Reaction score
Right guys and girls,

The builder's finally got round to finishing my garage (only five weeks late) and whilst the garage is great, the concrete floor is really dusty, especially as it has ridges, it won't ever seem to get clean without any amount of sweeping or jet-washing.

I've been thinking about either sealing/painting it which sounds like a huge load of effort which I don't really have the time for, so then I found plastic floor tiles which look great except they're pricey (£800 for my 25sq. m) so I wondered what everyone else has done with their garages?

Cheers.

Ours is sealed which took ages lol but has to be really clean first. Paint it on. The tyres squeek on it lol

Filled mine full of useless unwanted crap...."hmmm i'll keep that....it'll come in handy"...YEAH RIGHT!!!

Previous owner was a carpenter (no not a singer) and 4 years on there is STILL sawdust falling from the eves!!

Did paint a previous garage floor with industrial floor paint and that worked. Also painted the walls white to help lighten it.

Ours is sealed which took ages lol but has to be really clean first. Paint it on. The tyres squeek on it lol

That's the only thing, I have no idea how to get it that clean, I reckon I've spent about twenty hours brushing and jetwashing the damn thing!

I have a parking space in the city and I'm a fan of the squeaking of tyres on it! It's always clean!

Filled mine full of useless unwanted crap...."hmmm i'll keep that....it'll come in handy"...YEAH RIGHT!!!

Yep, my old man did that, I reckon he could probably rebuild most of his last few cars from the contents of his garage. Why oh why does he have most of the suspension assembly for his old Marina when he's had an 8L A3 for the last few year now!

lol, think using a soapy mop mix helps. The bits stick to it and it de greases etc. But as sad as it seems (no laughing!!) we used an old vac to get the dust up...well it was on its way out anyway lol! It worked!!!! Neighbours thought we were mad!!! haahaa

I'm just waiting for my other half to instruct me to empty all my cr*p from the house into the garage and mine will be absolutely the same!

You can hire an industrial vacumn cleaner from companies like HSS and they do a proper dam good job at getting up all the dust or you could buy a floor squidgy and attach it to a broom handle, few buckets of water or a hose and youll get most of the crap out of there.

As for painting go to a trade supplies outlet and get some warehouse floor paint, you can get matte or gloss finish in a variety of colours.

did my garage floor recently sweep with soft brush then hoover then paint using proper garage floor paint using a roller and brush for edges you will need at least 2 coats for it to last so for £50 depending how big your garage is it will be sorted
easy job for you

I see you all live up North ...down here you dont have garages unless your super rich....and if you did you would rent it out as a "studio apartment" for a minimum of £700/Month.

When I had my new garage built I swept with a soft broom, then vacuumed which did a great job of getting rid of the dust. Two coats of floor paint (needed a few days to dry properly) and its been good for 18 months so far.
Of course it then promptly got filled with the prerequisite "useful" stuff and I now can't usually get the cars in there! Kinda worrying that I have £40,000 worth of cars sitting on the drive/street and £500 worth of "useful" stuff sitting in the garage! :lmfao:

i regularly hoover the garage out, got to get rid of the feathers and fur somehow, it's a garage/ abattoir / craphole, now with added dot5.1 spillage from just bleeding my front brake on my bike:notme: