What do you hate???

OK…. That’s my pet hate.

Like when your working on your laptop, you go to open a file and it says it’s lost it… what do you have to click on…. OK!

no, it’s not sodding ok. Your a complete arsetard of a machine and I want to throw you out of the window yet I have no choice but to click sodding OK!

Happy to get that off my chest

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Garrett 69
Pop up "chat" windows that try to pretend that you are talking to an actual human.....DPD arghhhh I'm not stupid I know there is no one actually there.
Trying to sort an issue out but no phone number just the "chat" option or an email addy that'll respond in 24 hours, yeah not cutting it when the driver has cut loose to go home early and has marked me down as "we seemed to have missed each other" no I was sat in my unit with the door open looking up the industrial estate when you apparently tried to deliver the item that I'd paid a sh1t load more for to specifically receive before end of play on Monday you f%@#ing C!+*

People that start a sentence " I'm not being funny........", that have never been funny in their life.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Raiden and Charlie Farley
The new get out of anything phrase used by a lot of people in certain high and well-paid places, is "In the interests of transparency" .

I'm going to start using it to see what I can get away with, probably nothing but then i'm just joe public.

Reactions: Jcbmally
The new get out of anything phrase used by a lot of people in certain high and well-paid places, is "In the interests of transparency" .

I'm going to start using it to see what I can get away with, probably nothing but then i'm just joe public.
In the interests of transparency this is a sawn off and I'm taking everything you have in the bank :gun2::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie Farley, Jcbmally and Garrett 69
At the moment the thing that is boiling my pish is BoJo.
“I was only in there for 9 minutes as I was at meetings” ffffffff oooooooffffffff.
Scenario = “Going a bit fast there sir ?” “Sorry officer, I was only speeding for 9 minutes but I have been doing 68mph all day so it wasn’t speeding” ffffffffff oooooooofffffff.

Reactions: Alistair D and Charlie Farley
Eco-mentalists and protestors who turn up at climate change rallies in hippy buses that churn out more pollutants than were covered up in the VAG emmissions scandal.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Charlie Farley
As of today, pretty well everything gets on my tits except, my wife the car and woofers and ASN of course. :icon thumright:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Raiden and Garrett 69
OMG!!!! So having a late breakfast with the wife in this hotel this morning. One table full of idiots in there mid 50’s playing $hitty 60’s music really loud on there phone!!!!

Why???? I love DnB but I’m sure no one would want to hear it while eating. I could see the staff getting annoyed and by the 3rd song I think my death stares made them turn it off. Seriously am I the weirdo? Is this a thing now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to add 2 of them where dancing ***. I like a bit of Rolling Stones from that era and that’s it.

Maybe they were drunk but I don’t want to see that sort of thing in the morning

I empathise with the 5 posts above me, glad im not the only one :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Charlie Farley
I think getting older is partly to blame, we become a lot less tolerant of others as we get older, I have certainly become Mr grumpy with a lot of things.

I used to watch the last of the summer wine years ago with compo,clegg and foggy and allways thought , they make retirment look half decent..lol, i dont think it will be as fun.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Garrett 69 and Raiden
I think getting older is partly to blame, we become a lot less tolerant of others as we get older, I have certainly become Mr grumpy with a lot of things.

I used to watch the last of the summer wine years ago with compo,clegg and foggy and allways thought , they make retirment look half decent..lol, i dont think it will be as fun.

I’ve been this miserable since the age of 25. Only difference I’ve noticed is I’m getting fatter and slower over the years but inside I’m still the same

Maybe "hate " is a too harsh a word for many situations etc we find ourselves presented with.
Do you really hate something or is it more a case of it really irritating you to the point you have to let off steam in whatever way best works for yourself.
Some things I most definitely hate such as Onions for instance, but all the idiot parkers in the village just irritate me to the point I get angry and feel the need to vent my displeasure which is probably not hated as such.

Either way, getting older has affected me in the way I deal with many things on a daily basis, and that old adage, patients is a virtue does not work for me..lol

Another one. It's happened 3 times already on this forum this morning.

That ******* Tapatalk pop up. Can someone please disable it?

Reactions: Jcbmally and Frizzley
I've not seen it myself,next time can you take a screen shot for ref, i'll look into it. :icon thumright:

Why!!!!!!?????

I’m at the Ness in Teignmouth and sitting outside with a nice pint waiting for food. Then some pr!ck with his phone out playing music.

Stop the planet I want to get off!!!!

Sadly you can only avoid this by avoiding pubs, wine bars, restaurants and other meeting points of a similar nature.

Luckily I avoid them anyway these days so it's not an issue for me, but I can appreciate your position.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Raiden
Maybe there should be a mobile phone ban in these establishments just like smoking bans, you really don't need to smoke in every place you go, and the same with phones etc, just let everyone have a level playing field without all the bits in between.
Despite the masses of users of said devices that can't live without, and refuse to be without a mobile or tablet strapped to their face 23.5 hrs a day, even in the toilet,
Not everyone has the same approach to mobile tech and lifestyle so why can't there be some places that are free from them .

oh yes , this was a low key rant..lol

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jcbmally and Garrett 69
The playing music publicly thing is irritating to say the least, I like music but I don't understand this logic some have where they need to be plugged in whever they go. I mean *** your out running its nearly dark and yeah great idea lets just shut off one of the major senses...
And if I was in a pub or restaurant I don't think the majority there will want to listen to the Pixies or the best of Pavement :blink:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Raiden
As for the age thing Rob it started for me in my 40's and now I'm over 50 it's now reached critical mass lol! I literally just don't have time for sh1t and nonsense, life is geating shorter...

These articles really get my back up too.

A totally misleading article .
I know from working in the area that it is a very affluent location and right on the doorstep of serious wealth.
the vast majority of properties are owned and are valued at over 1.5 million for terrace houses with no garden let alone the rest priced into the multi million bracket and beyond.

Residents don't have to worry about the cost of living as cash is rarely an issue, same with local services and amenities, they have very little because the properties have gardens the size of a small estate so little need to worry about roughing it in the local park etc with the minions.

The authors of these so-called guides need a reality check, they are totally out of check with the real world sometimes.

Last one on the subject.

So I don’t if anyone knows the area of Teignmouth but we’ve been here for the bank holiday. So the main car park near the zoo I walked over to the public toilets and as I’m getting closer all I hear is really loud dubstep being played. I’m thinking has the zoo got something new happening? No it’s coming from the toilets. Walk in there and there is some d!ckhead having loud music pumping from his bag???? He looked a bit special and I just thought to myself, dude must know he’s a w@nker but he wants the whole world to know he’s one. Then a few minutes later I notice him with a woman who wasn’t bothered in the slightest in his annoying activity. I have a strong feeling her parents do not approve in her choice of boyfriend

Then going off subject a bit I’ve seen something on fb being advertised. A heavy metal band on tour for toddlers? Wtf man!!!! 4 grown men in animal costumes playing baby shark and these sad parents moshing with these kids

I love a bit of iron maiden or Metallica but I wouldn’t subject a young child to it. If they wish to listen to that sort of thing in the future then fair play. But did the manager of the band one day walk in and say to them lads this is how your going to be famous. Total sellouts

Evri

I'm not even going to say anymore other than, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Raiden and Garrett 69
Scalpers… the people who only buy things that are in short supply or limited edition so they can sell them on at a much bigger profit.
Spent two and a half hours in a queue today (Record store day) only to find the record I really wanted had already sold out (limited to 1000 copies worldwide)
Open up eBay and there are literally twenty to thirty copies on there, all three to four times more expensive. I can understand wanting to make a profit but it still annoys the hell out of me!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Garrett 69 and Charlie Farley
Scalpers… the people who only buy things that are in short supply or limited edition so they can sell them on at a much bigger profit.
Spent two and a half hours in a queue today (Record store day) only to find the record I really wanted had already sold out (limited to 1000 copies worldwide)
Open up eBay and there are literally twenty to thirty copies on there, all three to four times more expensive. I can understand wanting to make a profit but it still annoys the hell out of me!
Yep fully agree with you Rob.

sounds similar to what's going on with certain performance Audi's these days, RS3 to be more specific, just too many guys and dealers flipping them for a quick profit.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Rob Avant
It's worse with houses, too many people have jacked up the prices to use it as a way of earlier retirement! Going to come a point when there won't be enough people who can afford what's out there, not sure where the logic lies with this. No you can't afford a mortgage but you can afford virtually double in rent :blink:

Reactions: Garrett 69
It's worse with houses, too many people have jacked up the prices to use it as a way of earlier retirement! Going to come a point when there won't be enough people who can afford what's out there, not sure where the logic lies with this. No you can't afford a mortgage but you can afford virtually double in rent :blink:

Going to have disagree on that a bit. Portfolio landlords are greedy and have ruined the housing market for most people but me as a landlord with a couple properties just bought them as a pension and not only that when I wanted to get on the ladder in my 20’s I was priced out in my home town. And had no choice but move 20 miles away to get on the ladder

Last 4 years the government have f***ed all landlords not allowing them to claim mortgage interest and certain wear & tear items. Tenants have way too many rights and unfortunately half of them are on the scam for money or council housing. Me I get no money on savings and state pension is sh!te so what do you do? Stocks and crypto I have no clue about and as a kid I was told to work hard and be wise with your money so what did I do? Invest in property.

I’m not a greedy landlord. As long as the mortgage is covered I’m happy and when I come to retire I would either sell or keep them as my pension. But as I said since the new tax laws came in it’s not only screwed landlords it’s going to screw tenants long term. My letting agent has increased fees which I now can’t claim so I had to raise the rent. I’m not exactly living the high life but I’m not paying £2000 out of my pocket to fund Boris is garden parties. 2025 more laws on landlords and taxes come into play and unfortunately it will be passed on to tenants. In Ireland they did this years ago and eventually the government dropped these taxes as they realised they were getting less money and tenants got screwed. Hopefully will do the same but I can’t see it. It’s the elite that are f***ing the housing system not landlords

The whole UK housing market is broken and has been for a long time.
Way too much emphasis on making quick money and quick sales rather than having a house as a long term home.
Just sheer greed quite frankly, and estate agents need stringing up as they just fuel the fire of house prices.

Reactions: Garrett 69
Without private landlords no one would have housing

It was Thatcher selling off all the council houses that has caused the current crisis. I was born in 82 and couldn’t get a council place in my home town. Trust me if I was a greedy landlord me and the wife wouldn’t need to work full time.

State pension and interest from the bank has been for years. Only thing in this country that makes money is property. 15 years ago no one else had any ideas what I should invest in other than properties

Below you’ll some examples from one of my lovely tenants from a few years ago. An OAP the council refused to house but me thinking he should be ok gave him a chance and this happened. Unfortunately in my opinion half the people that need to rent are dodgy and scam the system. I took this guy to court and lost

After that I got very picky with tenants.

aea9f5c275ba1069b6f8d9db50387d47.jpg

85e031bf35f183226c2d6085a4e0a5de.jpg

614927e3c3d4a3172c46c7ac48663f4e.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Pinky1959
Without private landlords no one would have housing

It was Thatcher selling off all the council houses that has caused the current crisis. I was born in 82 and couldn’t get a council place in my home town. Trust me if I was a greedy landlord me and the wife wouldn’t need to work full time.

State pension and interest from the bank has been for years. Only thing in this country that makes money is property. 15 years ago no one else had any ideas what I should invest in other than properties

Below you’ll some examples from one of my lovely tenants from a few years ago. An OAP the council refused to house but me thinking he should be ok gave him a chance and this happened. Unfortunately in my opinion half the people that need to rent are dodgy and scam the system. I took this guy to court and lost

After that I got very picky with tenants.

aea9f5c275ba1069b6f8d9db50387d47.jpg

85e031bf35f183226c2d6085a4e0a5de.jpg

614927e3c3d4a3172c46c7ac48663f4e.jpg
I really sympathise with you chap, but I'm not sure it's fair to say half the people that rent are dodgy etc.
Yes, there will be a percentage that abuse the system and are less than ideal, but, a lot of people that rent just have no idea on how to treat others' property.
They just live in a pigsty all their lives, so it is normal for them, but there are also a lot of nasty landlords out there too that let run-down slums, so it all works to make an undesirable situation, bad landlords and bad tenants.

sadly you have been in that situation where things have turned out to be problematic.

I agree there needs to be a rental market but the way things are now its just a mess in more ways than one.

Whilst i'm on the subject.
this has really got my back up today.
it was on surrey live first thing, now all over the web.

I'm not going to be politically correct on this and not make any comments either.

How can they expect a local council to just find them a 5-bed house whether it's on a lease term or not, its madness.
If they didn't have 7 children then it would not be an issue.
Most families have from 1 to 3 children and with the current situation, it can be tight for parents that work all hours to cover the monthly bills etc.
But 7 and no one works so they will be getting benefits for everything and a 5-bed house, sorry but it's just wrong.
I have no problem with parents wanting sprogs all over the place if they can cover the cost of that lifestyle, other families would give anything for a bigger house provided by the council but they won't get one, these come along and its a whole different ball game.

Maybe they should have considered contraception when they got to three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959
I was in town today and went in CEX and one of my old tenants who owes me money served me lol. Been hunting him for a while.

Let’s just say all his new colleagues know what he is and I told him I want my £1000 he owes me. Tried to say I have the wrong guy but then admitted it was him.

Geezer thought he saw a ghost. A*** literally fell out on the floor

Whilst i'm on the subject.
this has really got my back up today.
it was on surrey live first thing, now all over the web.

I'm not going to be politically correct on this and not make any comments either.

How can they expect a local council to just find them a 5-bed house whether it's on a lease term or not, its madness.
If they didn't have 7 children then it would not be an issue.
Most families have from 1 to 3 children and with the current situation, it can be tight for parents that work all hours to cover the monthly bills etc.
But 7 and no one works so they will be getting benefits for everything and a 5-bed house, sorry but it's just wrong.
I have no problem with parents wanting sprogs all over the place if they can cover the cost of that lifestyle, other families would give anything for a bigger house provided by the council but they won't get one, these come along and its a whole different ball game.

Maybe they should have considered contraception when they got to three.
Your wrong Rob as it's obviously the councils fault that they couldn't stop shagging, therefore it's the councils responsibility to house them appropriately and us the the tax payer's that should foot the bill. So stop moaning and put your hand deeper into your pocket as baby number 8 is probably already brewing:sex::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Your wrong Rob as it's obviously the councils fault that they couldn't stop shagging, therefore it's the councils responsibility to house them appropriately and us the the tax payer's that should foot the bill. So stop moaning and put your hand deeper into your pocket as baby number 8 is probably already brewing:sex::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
This one is still grating on me chap.
soon to be over taken by the "i'm above the law " price woman.

Reminds me of Diarmuid Gavin on "celebs on the dole" in the end he lost his sh1t with the couple he was staying with, they were on their 8th or 9th kid and in a 6 bedroom house all paid for and bringing in 2k pm in benefits, has basically tore them a new one saying don't you think it's out of order expecting others to finance your life choices and just stop, stop having children. :triumph:

Agreeing a price on something then back tracking for more money!!!!!

Retro video games market is very annoying. Dude selling a game at a very good price but no one was willing to collect. I said what would you take for it and he knocked a fiver off so I said I’ll come to you tomorrow as you’re not too far. 10 mins later he says I’ve been offered more money. I told him to go poke it. You’ve had it for sale a few weeks and can’t shift it and now all of a sudden you have another buyer!!!! Lies

Reactions: Jcbmally and Alistair D
Those that say “I have letters after my name” guess what so do I, it’s called “surname” you knob.

Reactions: Sandra