What do you dry your car with?

Audibritz

Reaction score
I use one of those rubber blades first to get most of the water off but I don't really like using it as I feel it goes rough on the paintwork and probs cause even more surface marks

After I use a Autoglym microfibre drying towel which I find good, but as soon as its soaked up with water and I've drained as much water out of it as I can I seem to get water streaks when I'm trying to dry the car that's why I use the blade first so the towel doesn't get as soaked so quick.

what do you guys find that works?

I have a rubber blade for my 13yr old Silver Passat TDI with 207k miles on it, but it never goes anywhere near my Black S3! - URGH!!

This,
blastercardryer.jpg

Reactions: DarkBunny
What's that ment to be, some sort of vacuum? Does it suck or blow air? Could have ago with the Henry when I clean it next

does both, air flow is 29000 ft/min 4hp motor, awesome bit of kit.vacuum is something else and the blower drys every nook and cranny

Microfibre drying towel. I have two. One I got in ASDA (much discussed on DW) and one that was a freebie with a Juicy Jen order.

rubber blades ouch maybe on the windows but no where near the paint. I use the big blue Microfibres with the red edge that are on ebay very good

A woolly mammoth big fluffy towel and a free one from a Juicy Jen order.

Up until last week I used a megs chamois but it left quite a lot of water marks so I got a megs water magnet drying towel and its very good. soaks up the water much better than the chamois and no water marks. Easier to wring out all the water too

Microfibre drying towel. I have two. One I got in ASDA (much discussed on DW) and one that was a freebie with a Juicy Jen order.

I use exactly the same as scotty76.
I used 2 asda ones before but after getting one free from juicy Jen I can't recommend the big mammoth drying towel enough.
I used the wiper blade when I first got the car and I'm sure I added a few faint scratches with it.
Il never use it again :)
If u use 2 towels u don't need to wring them ;)

Reactions: scotty76