1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What do you do for a job?

gogz s3 Jan 22, 2013

1. GSXROLLIE1

GSXROLLIE1 Registered User

Motocycle Technican and MOT tester :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. stamford

stamford Registered User

Had a varied career in engineering, toolmaker by trade. Worked in space, defence, nuclear, marine, automotive, Motorsport, process automation, robotics, steel industry from development, design and management. Currently taken a step back, had enough of management after redundancy and now enjoying my current role as senior operations engineer, more hands on with some 3D design thrown in.

Ghost likes this.
  4. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

I work offshore on the rigs. :helicopter::helicopter: Any other riggers on this site? (dont fancy looking through 22 pages to find out :tearsofjoy:)

5. rogerreno

rogerreno Registered User

I’m a qualified motor vehicle technician, worked on the Spanners from leaving school at 16 up until 15 years ago, where I left my position of master tech for Toyota to go driving trucks...more specifically 8 wheel tippers, more money, less hassle and effectively I’m my own boss.
    Did that till 2014 where I took my class one, moved onto the big boys bendy trucks and have been tramping out for the last 3 years. This is my Monday to Friday home
    9A41A786-583B-4EE2-A8EA-BCB152B8F88F.jpeg

6. Moot_point

Moot_point Registered User

Solicitor. I act for insurers and defend claims arising out of staged/induced road traffic collisions.

ACWKGYTO likes this.
  7. Alex Richardson

Alex Richardson Registered User

I am a Research Executive in a Marketing Agency.

8. AndyWin

AndyWin Registered User

Manager in security. Not the most thing in the world

9. VinceXR

VinceXR Registered User

I'm a TPS Parts monkey.

10. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Senior developer for the NHS now (web and database stuff), feels cool knowing I'm technically a "senior", always more to learn though.

45bvtc likes this.
  11. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

:hi: Hats off to you DieselJake but with respect allow me to afford you a yardstick. Go take a look at the chemotherapy department at Stafford County Hospital; if you can get anywhere near those guys for patient care and overall humour in a mega difficult scenario then hats off to you; and that's a sincere comment from me as for many months now we've attended and never once left feeling worse than we went in.

GrahamS4 and DieselJake like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ElSpoooel

ElSpoooel Registered User

I’m a tree surgeon working for the electricity board. We keep all the overhead high voltage lines clear of vegetation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The system I'm working on takes genomic data from people with cancer and rare diseases for research to find patterns and provide better treatments so hopefully this will improve the care for them and many others in future :happy:

Ghost, THQuattro, DrEskimo and 2 others like this.
  15. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Registered User

Incidentally that's what I do for a living..! :sm4:

45bvtc likes this.
  16. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

+++++++++++++TVE; way too involved at the day-to-day chemo to say more, but thank you :hi:

17. happytalk73

happytalk73 Registered User

I'm a joiner & builder. Manufacture and install my own Kitchens & Bedrooms and build houses/extensions.

Self employed sole trader.

Ghost likes this.
  18. gokiwi64

gokiwi64 Guest

About to be made redundant , I reckon January will be "R" Month......hunting for jobs is not a past time I enjoy.

19. happytalk73

So sorry to hear about that. There's never a good time but to have this hanging over you at Christmas must be awful. All the best for the new year. I hope you land something even better.

Ant.

lea323ci likes this.
  20. gokiwi64

gokiwi64 Guest

Cheers !, I'm 54 and been with the same employer for 13 years , I have age and stale skills against me but I'm sure I'm not ready for B&Q just yet :)

voorhees and happytalk73 like this.
  21. happytalk73

That's the spirit. Please keep us updated. Things happen for a reason and you may well end up seeing this as a blessing in disguise. Maybe treat it as an opportunity to make you even happier than you are in current job. All the best.

22. pxr5

pxr5 Registered User

I'm a Senior Systems Engineer, doing requirement's management and exciting stuff like that lol

happytalk73 likes this.
  23. GTAIVgunner

GTAIVgunner Registered User

I changed job recently, now an internal systems engineer dealing with IT requests. Better than my old job haha!

happytalk73 likes this.
  24. Glasgoe Joe

Glasgoe Joe Registered User

I'm a Quantity Surveyor working in Civil engineering

25. Chris Walton

Chris Walton Registered User

Staff Nurse - Work offshore as a medic.

Buxton2901 likes this.
  26. jackal_s3

jackal_s3 Registered User

34 year old apprentice mechanical engineer. Was a postman for almost 10 years and decided it was time for a change and do something I actually enjoy. All going well I should be qualified by the end of this year.

27. Siondc

Siondc A4 Avant 2.0tfsi KO4

Psychiatric Nurse

DrEskimo, Buxton2901 and voorhees like this.
  28. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Still a broadband engineer working for the company with the crappiest infrastructure ever.

29. gokiwi64

gokiwi64 Guest

1. Clueless & Witless
    2. Virginless
    3. Vodaphoney
    4. Young Horse
    5.Broken Technology
    6.Lost Horizon

30. oli356

oli356 Registered User

Haha.. And I'm a network engineer from a company who will possibly supply some of your equipment ;)

31. SootySport

The dslam stuff is ok, FTTC , ADSL and Routers all ok. Problem is with cables that connect it all together and the monkeys that installed it.

oli356 likes this.
  32. SootySport

You missed one- Open Wretch

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Rayner_1704

Rayner_1704 DAN

Yes me I worked for Cameron’s (onesubsea) for 7 Years currently out of oil and gas atm just hoping to get back to it as soon as I miss the money and working away.

35. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

Oh yes done plenty work for Cameron running there trees ect. I’m a roughneck

36. Rayner_1704

Rayner_1704 DAN

I was a service tech for Cameron trees and tooling until the Leeds plant where I was based from closed and 600 people got made redundant. Down there that and GE are the only gas and oil companies about. I’ll be back before long

37. Rayner_1704

Rayner_1704 DAN

I was a service tech for Cameron trees and tooling until the Leeds plant where I was based from closed and 600 people got made redundant. Down there that and GE are the only gas and oil companies about. I’ll be back before long

billymc92 likes this.
  38. welshy_a4

welshy_a4 Registered User

In school teacher always banged on that I would make nothing of myself staring through the window.
    Now my job is operating 360 excavators both civils and rail.

English end of the Severn tunnel

573B6D19-B814-4DBF-9916-23916D9FC0FB.jpeg

Glasgoe Joe and Rayner_1704 like this.
  39. ACWKGYTO

ACWKGYTO Registered User

Im an evil landlord !

Im actually a decent one and no its not my fault you cant afford to buy a house !

jassyo06 likes this.
  40. SimonAshley

SimonAshley Registered User

Signalling and Telecoms Network Rail High Speed
    Wasn't the job I thought I would be in had a varied career so no idea where I will end up.
    Started out leaving school and going into technical sales on manhole covers, then moved onto bottle production and filling as an apprentice engineer, moved to another factory engineer in makeup production.
    Then moved onto maintenance of the high speed trains that run on HS1 before the job I'm in now.

41. BottomFeeder

BottomFeeder Registered User

IT Director - pays the bills

42. DohNut

DohNut Registered User

Accountant (dull) for worlds largest live entertainment company (not dull).

43. Lee1977

Lee1977 Registered User

Senior Commercial Manger for a Support Services & Infrastructure company.