What do you do for a job?

Im a designer for an AV integration company for high end residential houses and superyachts.

Reactions: Rolly12
Now working for Virgin Media Business. So if you want some discount on Virgin TV etc let me know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil id like some discount mate please oh and the fibre cable to my house so i dont have to be stuck with sky. lol

Haha poor guy. retention is no joke but one of the most satisfying things to fix! I hope she was gentle!!!

She was gentle, she was, she was; and I complimented her on her 'handling thereof'; and the relief was/is memorable.

Prostate now out I'm happy to say...

Reactions: Sandra
Now working for Virgin Media Business. So if you want some discount on Virgin TV etc let me know

Mate my virgin box is throwing it's toys out but we have had it over a year, help?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mate my virgin box is throwing it's toys out but we have had it over a year, help?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I don't do domestic boxes. Wi-fi and business is my thing.

Have you done the first thing of IT? Switch it off and back on

I think if you extend your contract or up your package you might get the new V6 box

If you have cable to your house. I can try for you.

No unfortunately "phase 1" of the development i live at couldnt negotiate a deal with virgin to lay the cables before construction commenced, however the rest of the estate has it and fibre lol.

Electronics Engineer in the Royal Navy, have been for the last 31 years.

Like any job it has its moments. But generally it's cool.

Many years ago i used to do some real basic maintenance / operation on the navy old ROVs (PAP MK1 RCMDS) but they were pretty pump, if they came back on tome and not tangled in the prop or A-Frame it was a good day. the best bit was recovering them by boat or swimmer if it was rough.

thats got to be a cool job!

@Ja5on Yeah looks like great fun! Lol
fd956a5e063ae565f636e3d6846ca683.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost, KrisKrk and DieselJake
Train driver

Reactions: Ghost
Infrastructure engineer for MSP... basically field monkey... I mean field IT engineer

Senior Developer for the JD Sports Group (main focus is the fashion fascia's but consult all over the business and external companies).

My advise don't work for anything that's open 24/7 it can be very tiring and inconvenient for a social life, luckily I have a patient wife :D

Part of my role involves being on call 2 weeks out of every 4 as well as doing a normal day shift. That gets a pretty tiring and can be quite stressful too, so know how you feel.

Reactions: Wifeb4Life
Part of my role involves being on call 2 weeks out of every 4 as well as doing a normal day shift. That gets a pretty tiring and can be quite stressful too, so know how you feel.

I have a mate who works as a farming & warehouse machinery engineer and he works as you described above and while on call will regularly get a call from farmers at 2am to fix something and then have to report in to the depot for 6am. Although he does get paid a 12 hour shift even if he does an hour work while on call so it's not all bad lol

Some days you do wish for a simple 9-5 job, so you can leave your work at work when you leave at 5 :D

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
I have a mate who works as a farming & warehouse machinery engineer and he works as you described above and while on call will regularly get a call from farmers at 2am to fix something and then have to report in to the depot for 6am. Although he does get paid a 12 hour shift even if he does an hour work while on call so it's not all bad lol

Some days you do wish for a simple 9-5 job, so you can leave your work at work when you leave at 5 :D
10 week rotational shifts here, days, nights and surge shifts. Body clock is always all over the shop. Think we have the worst rosta in the emergency services. The only thing i like about it is at times you can get some nice chunks of time off between shifts, which is good for family time.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Penetration tester (physical security).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm sorry madam, you have failed the penetration test Sorry, I bet you get that all the time

Reactions: Sandra and KrisKrk
I'm a paint sprayer and own my own Bodyshop in Manchester, great for when my s3 needed a repaint :)

Reactions: Wifeb4Life
I'm a paint sprayer and own my own Bodyshop in Manchester, great for when my s3 needed a repaint :)

Been concidering getting some chips removed and resprayed, where about in Manchester?

I'm a helicopter engineer

Reactions: Rolly12 and Sandra
I work in Aersopace testing hydraulic pumps and motors for commercial airlines and the M.O.D

Reactions: Sandra
I used to own a car air conditioning company, now I'm in property management.

Airline Pilot on the 787 Dreamliner

Reactions: voorhees, Chr15 and Ghost
Senior software developer. Specialized in .NET as Microsoft liked me and I liked them when I was a student.

PS: I write software for Daimler (Benz) and drive an Audi. How ironic is that?

So many fancy careers going on in here. And here I am just grooming dogs. :dogface:
I think this just shows us how adventurous people are with their job description and how broad a spectrum of jobs we all do.
They are all important as they keep us in Audi's I think….even grooming pooches :d

I think this just shows us how adventurous people are with their job description and how broad a spectrum of jobs we all do.
They are all important as they keep us in Audi's I think….even grooming pooches :d

I'm a butcher/meat hacker/ cow disassembler

Reactions: voorhees
Nothing really as techy as a lot of guys here, by profession i'm a Certified Arborist and have been since I left school many , many moons ago.
had a nasty accident back in early 2000 and wanted a break so started my own Data recovery and Encryption company, but still do the tree climbing work on the odd occasion to make life a bit more varied.