what do we all think

simon.m

Reaction score
what do we all think keep them silver or do them black i just did a set for some one and had some paint left over so thought id do my spear as a test and i like it but not sure on my car :yum:

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

Silver or anthracite, but I think black is too dark to suit the light metallic bodywork?

I do think they look good, just not on a silver car... :(

I think only certain colours or aggressive looking vehicles can carry off black wheels.

Black wheel's alway's look small, keep them silver.

anthracite isnt shiny thought ;-( i no i can put lacquer on it to get the shin but then it may as well be black i think

Last edited:
Look good but not on your colour car i dont think?

what do we all think keep them silver or do them black i just did a set for some one and had some paint left over so thought id do my spear as a test and i like it but not sure on my car :yum:

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

Hi si,

I think that something like gunmetal would look cool on those rims

yeah maybe i just did it as i had some left over paint from a customers wheels so thought id have a looksy and was in to minds

ha is that as the boot is open and looks like a big spoiler hehehe

Deffo anthracite Simon, the black looks a bit lost with the unpainted lowers too.

Go for anthracite and give me the kick up the **** I need!! I don't see why they can't be shiny with a lacquer?

iv been looking into the anthracite and its very close to gun met gray and anthracite looks dirty so ill have to see about gun gray ill give it a bash soon and have a looks ;-)

Do you want me to send my RS6's up and you can do them gunmetal? Kind of like a 'forum trial'?

Simon can you find out the colour code for the V8 RS6 plus wheels mate?

When I get home James if you send me a pm with your email I can send you a photo of some Honda type r wheels I did in gun met Gray. Its really close to the ones you just put up

what the black yeaaahhhhh some one dose ;-) its really mixed iv had a load say its really nice as it brings out the red brakes more and others say nope as its the wrong colour for my car and try gun met gray but i feel its not much lighter than the black i think it may just be my wheels are not right for any thing but silver

Gunmetal/anthracite whatever you want to call it is much lighter than that black, look at the RS6's I posted!

I've PM'd you Simon.

I quite like it, but my issue with black wheels is more the tyres to be honest. I find that dirty brown/grey tyres ruin a nice set of black alloys (as in your picture, no offence meant) :sadlike:

If you are willing to dress the tyres every week to keep them black as can be then the wheels would look better I think.

Having said that, and I know you are going to hate me...I like gun metal/ anthracite wheels, and even though mine are only the 16" wheels, I plan on doing it to mine as i think the silver is just too bright.

I am loving that grey a6 with anthracite wheels. Seen it before, and it made me want anthracite rs6 wheels more than my wife! :ohmy:

I used Ford Graphite Grey on mine, which is a dark metallic silver. Lots of people say "anthracite" but theres hundereds of different interpretations of it. Vauxhall do an anthracite shade that has a kinda dirty browny-green look to it, whereas the RAL 7016 "Anthracite Grey" a lot of powder coaters use is much more bluey and completely non-metallic.

100_3767.JPG