what do people think of these valves

Instead of buying another valve that you may not be happy with why not just spend the £ and get a Forge?

get a forge, only about £80 then you have no worries about it

i was just thinkin if its the same valve without then forge stamp on it then it may be worth saving the 40 odd quid,but ill keep looking for a forge

its a chinese rip off , I have 5 here on my desk with swarf in them and piston damage , customers have bought then thinking they are Forge and they are not .......If its not got Forge written on the valve its a Forgery ;-)

Forge said:
its a chinese rip off , I have 5 here on my desk with swarf in them and piston damage , customers have bought then thinking they are Forge and they are not .......If its not got Forge written on the valve its a Forgery ;-)
Are Forge's valves not made in China? I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Forge DVs ATM, but my own seems fine. Maybe this is why.

if anyone's selling a forge let me know,and also what are the bailey ones like

Your hearing a lot of bad things ??? let me know what and who and I will fix it , all customers please remeber that all Forge products are warrantird for life ...all are valves made in the uk on our own machines , anyone is welcome to visit and see them in operation .Dont beleive the ******** you may be hearing

Secret Squirrel said:
Are Forge's valves not made in China? I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Forge DVs ATM, but my own seems fine. Maybe this is why.

Forge may well be made in China, I don't actually know, but a lot of UK products are made in China, with the right factory, their technological advancements over UK industry are advantageous, and coupled with low labour rates, it produces a superior product for the UK market.

A cheap chinese factory is the same as a cheap UK factory - rubbish. However a good chinese factory is almost always better than a good UK one.
China are the world leaders in manufacture.

That said, if Forge are using UK processes, then maybe they SHOULD investigate the Asian factories.

Regardless, I've NEVER heard aything bad about Forge, and I speak to a lot of people and am on a lot of websites.

Forge products are A1, in fact I spent another £40 with Forge on assorted silicone bits yesterday and they will continue to have my business.

I would have no issue buying their Diverter Valves.

(Although they still havent answered about why they use OE heat piping on their FMIC's)

Secret Squirrel said:
Are Forge's valves not made in China? I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Forge DVs ATM.

Any more info? I've always found Forge DV's to be excellent value/quality, and their customer service is usually great.

Made in China...mmm makes me think of dodgy childrens toys (imagine what they use for engine parts!?)

what makes you think that a copy would be any different form the
forge valve?

Its a solid metal part with one moving part. cant see any major problems making these. the only difference i could see maybe different material.
its done on a CNC isnt it so one is going to produce the same thing as another, right?

Go with a name!! You didn't scrimp buying an S3 so why scrimp now!!
I have a Baily diverter valve and can recommend them!!

s3ollie said:
what makes you think that a copy would be any different form the
forge valve?

Its a solid metal part with one moving part. cant see any major problems making these. the only difference i could see maybe different material.
its done on a CNC isnt it so one is going to produce the same thing as another, right?

You've obviously not seen the Chinese CNC Machines!!!