What do I need for 3'' dp and decat?

Fabian808

Looking for parts :P
Reaction score
Hi all I've just bought myself a relentless down pipe and decat but I'm hearing many stories of things needing to be done to avoid the rattle of the dp fouling the prop. Can someone please enlighten me as to what I actually need to do to make my dp and decat fit properly. Thanks for any help guys.

Can someone please enlighten me as to what I actually need to do to make my dp and decat fit properly.

Bit of an open answer here as tbh I have heard of people fitting the Relentless with no issue- then i have read that some (including myself) having to buy new engine mounts/move the engine slightly over to the passenger side (all of a few mm) and also strategic dents to allow fitment. I tried the latter two and then stumped up the cash for new engine mounts but with a bit of an upgrade :eyebrows:

Until you get the DP and de cat on (which is a pig of a job I'm told) I would be hesitant in ordering parts as you may have a car/parts that will fit without any need to modify or buy things.

Here's my write up of what I had to do and others chipped in with what they have done-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...npipe-results-replacing-my-engine-mounts.html

Chris

Thanks Chris that's bob on mate :) I do have one more question though, will the car run fine with the downpipe and decat on with no maps on the ecu? Don't really want to fit it if it's guna make the car run bad because it won't be getting mapped for a few months as yet.

You might get the engine management light come on due to the cat not working efficiently.. This will have to be mapped out.

I'm running my relentless downpipe and decat on stage 1 map... Car was mapped by R-Tech without the exhaust fitted and no issues so far :)

Are these worth the hassle to fit guys?

I just cant decide on if i want stage 2 or to just go further. So you noticed gains from it after fitting? As in feel not on paper,
Sorry to hijack!

Yeah the Turbo felt like it was alive a little bit more earlier in the rev range tbh.....I mean it's not like I noticed it as much as a standard car to going to stage 1.

Tbh I had my DP and Sports cat fitted after my stage 1 as well - so it still needs to be remapped to get the most of it.....but still trying to get to a complete stage 2 finish. (never ending process of fixing and maintaining everything else :( )

I also have the OEM cat back exhaust so it's a nice noise at the front at present and then the rear back box lets it down :(

My mates also noticed it tbh- so it's not just in my head so to speak....oh and I would get some OEM gaskets to fit when/if you do go down the DP and sports cat/decat route as the ones most companies provide are prone to leaking. (keeping it back on topic slightly :icon_thumright:)

I'm building up the parts to take the car up to 300bhp so a 3'' downpipe and decat is a must. But I'm keeping the car standard untill I've got everything I need so that I can just get everything fitted and a custom map on hopefully the same weekend. However now that I know I can fit downpipe without a map I might just do it so I can get any fitment teething problems out of the way before I come to mapping it.

I'm just stage 1 with badger 5 TIP at the mo. Would it be ok to fit down pipe sports or decat and FMIC without a further map?