What do I call this part?

Nigeltdi4life

Reaction score
I let one of my sister's smoke in my car the other night and I really regret it. She burnt the door handle on the passenger side, I only noticed it today after I saw some ash on the handle, I wiped it clean and noticed part of the soft touch plastic rubbery material has been melted! Sorry about the bad photos. How hard is it to replace this part? Would I have to remove all of the door card? What should I search for to find this part? Also would there be a difference between 3 door and 5 door? Mines a 3 door.
d6c78b24f55c99b606142eaec0b23730.jpg
8e53f6a754bfe2f6d52c1b7c21797c20.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

It's called the perfect opportunity to add the Mono.pur :sunglasses:

Reactions: Boydie and Rob2k68
In the Audi parts catalogue the part you need is listed as "Armrest", but there are a good few options and colours etc. You would be best calling up your local dealer / parts department, giving them your VIN number and finding out your exact part / part number before looking for a replacement.

Sportback example:

Screen Shot 2017 06 01 at 091428 squashed

Edit: expect a cost of a none leather / fake leather replacement to be around £93 without fitting.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Nigeltdi4life
It is relatively easy to replace just takes a bit of courage lol

• Remove the door card - there are several torque screws which are easily located
  • Pull the door card off from the corner and bottom first then work your way to the top - this requires a bit of a pull but dont worry, it wont break
  • Dont pull the door card away once it is released as the speaker cable and door latch are attached - disconnect these and the window switches
  • Take door card away
  • Get a 8-10mm drill bit - the handles are plastic welded to the door card, just drill the tops off the welds and then pull the handle away from the front - there should be 10-12 of these
  • Place new handle on the door card and then you have a couple of options
    • Use self tapping screws to secure the armrest
    • Heat the protruding plastic lugs from the new armrest with a heat gun then press down on them with the fat handle end of a screw driver welding them in place (i used both options when replacing mine with leather)
  • Then repeat in reverse order to reinstall

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Nigeltdi4life
My god i don't let ANYONE eat, drink or even fart in my car let alone smoke! WOW

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and OST
I remember looking into this and was shocked at how much the mono pur were as an aftermarket part

Reactions: Rob2k68
It is relatively easy to replace just takes a bit of courage lol

• Remove the door card - there are several torque screws which are easily located
  • Pull the door card off from the corner and bottom first then work your way to the top - this requires a bit of a pull but dont worry, it wont break
  • Dont pull the door card away once it is released as the speaker cable and door latch are attached - disconnect these and the window switches
  • Take door card away
  • Get a 8-10mm drill bit - the handles are plastic welded to the door card, just drill the tops off the welds and then pull the handle away from the front - there should be 10-12 of these
  • Place new handle on the door card and then you have a couple of options
    • Use self tapping screws to secure the armrest
    • Heat the protruding plastic lugs from the new armrest with a heat gun then press down on them with the fat handle end of a screw driver welding them in place (i used both options when replacing mine with leather)
  • Then repeat in reverse order to reinstall
Thanks alot for the help mate! Doesn't sound too bad at all although I was hoping there wouldn't be any drilling involved! Found a 2nd hand part on eBay for £42 + shipping from Lithuania, will have to give it a go when I have some time. Would the self tapping screws be good enough alone? Sturdy enough?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk