What discounts are available on new A3/S3

Mabs

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before on this forum or if it is against the rules? I just wanted to ask you guys for advice on what kind of discounts can be available on a new Audi A3/S3 from main dealers currently? Are they able to come close/match/beat sites such as drive-the-deal? Please let me know of any dealers in the North of England/Yorkshire that can do so?

I'm looking to buy on finance - and want the best value for money - should I be haggling on the RRP price first?

Also, I've been told that my current A3's clutch is 'biting high' and a replacement is £1200. It is running fine otherwise. Will this effect it's trade in value?

Any help much appreciated?

Get a trade in price for your car and then haggle on the discount on your new one, average on an S3 is about 10-11%

Fords of Winsford gave me £1000 more than Audi wanted to give me for my old car.

I got 12.3% from my dealer on new s3, was dead happy !

Does anyone know the average COST of an A3 s line SB, price average about £26,000. But I'd like to know the cost of the car to Audi if anyone has this information?

If it helps I recall a certain model ( not Audi) .
Retail £7000 , cost value £900.
That was couple of years ago.
As to discounts they will vary., tend to be higher the more options given, time of year , special promotions , etc.
I did hear a rumour that there are bigger discounts on diesels . Though these are being given to fleet buyers.
With the low value of the Euro maybe they will want to sell mote in the UK as well.
I guess between 9% and 12% with no trade in ( or low trade in price).
Also depends if you take out the dealer options....

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try and aim for at least 10% off as that seems to be achievable.

Thanks again,

@Mabs - Try the usual suspects in the online brokers for pricing
Carwow, Carfile, Orangewheels & Drivethedeal

These should give you some idea of the discounts available on new cars. Then off to your local Dealer for a bit of haggling armed with your best price from the online brokers

On the two S3 saloons I ordered I got between 10-12% discount. One was ordered July 2014 & the other February 2015

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try and aim for at least 10% off as that seems to be achievable.

Thanks again,
As Bristle said, the likes of carwow are good as it gives you a great idea what you can get it for.

I took the quote/printout with me when I had the test drive, after the test drive he asked if I wanted to go home and talk to the wife and have a think about it! He was a bit shocked when I said "No, I want to talk figures". I was a bit hard faced back in the showroom, as I sat down I said "I don't want to come across as being arrogant, but I don't want to waste your time or mine, this is what I can get it for, match that and I'll sign today, if I walk out I'm not coming back", then handed him the quote :) After a few talks to various people he came back with 10.5% discount, which was only £170 off the best quote from Carwow which would have been a 1.5 hour drive each way.

I did the same and got loads of BS .
I went a little further and showed them the offer from WBAC.
Taking into account the long wait their offer on trade in still seems low , but have agreed when I am a couple of weeks from delivery I can sell myself.
Interestingly a couple of people that know my car have expressed interest in buying it.
Had to push hard to get the deal though. Interesting in my county all the Audi dealers are the same group and did not offer on car wow.
I only got 9 %. , but did not take any of the dealer "options"...

Apologies if this has been asked before on this forum or if it is against the rules? I just wanted to ask you guys for advice on what kind of discounts can be available on a new Audi A3/S3 from main dealers currently? Are they able to come close/match/beat sites such as drive-the-deal? Please let me know of any dealers in the North of England/Yorkshire that can do so?

I'm looking to buy on finance - and want the best value for money - should I be haggling on the RRP price first?

Also, I've been told that my current A3's clutch is 'biting high' and a replacement is £1200. It is running fine otherwise. Will this effect it's trade in value?

Any help much appreciated?

I got mine from Audi in York. They matched the car wow quote from Coventry audi no problem.

My advice would be to negotiate a price for the car, the discuss how to pay for it. If you want to speak with York I can put you in touch. Alternatively Harrogate as I know a lot of them there too.

Have I been given a good price here?

A3 1.4 COD white S Line + Sat Nav
£22,762

£3583.72 deposit
36 payments of £250

I got 12% off our S3, but our trade in im sending to local ford dealer as offered £1200 more than Audi