Maxton Front and Side Lips

Coming soon:
Lowering springs
Colour change on alloys (liquid grey) Or SV alloys
Callipers painted

View attachment 205539

View attachment 205538
V. nice

Looking to get my red A4 ultra dethroned and tinted (had a black edition b8.5 and prefer the look but couldn't find a black edition b9 when buying earlier this year).

Did you do this yourself or get a company to do it? I've got quotes of about £400 for a dechrome of grill, window surrounds air intakes and mirrors in gloss black to match it up (as I believe the black editions have the mirrors blacked too). Then the tints an extra £150 roughly.

Total looking cost is about £550 inclusive so I'd be happy to pay that if it's done well and looks nice. Any thoughts?

Also what level is your tint? Every place I ask for factory level tint I get given different numbers!

V. nice

Looking to get my red A4 ultra dethroned and tinted (had a black edition b8.5 and prefer the look but couldn't find a black edition b9 when buying earlier this year).

Did you do this yourself or get a company to do it? I've got quotes of about £400 for a dechrome of grill, window surrounds air intakes and mirrors in gloss black to match it up (as I believe the black editions have the mirrors blacked too). Then the tints an extra £150 roughly.

Total looking cost is about £550 inclusive so I'd be happy to pay that if it's done well and looks nice. Any thoughts?

Also what level is your tint? Every place I ask for factory level tint I get given different numbers!

thats very expensive in my opinion. Im from the West Midlands so depends where you are.

Your better off buying a Honeycomb Grill
Of ebay @ £120

my dechrome cost me £110 (lower grill surround and the window strips)

the mirror i would say £20-25 each side For the wrap

My tints were factory , but from
What i have seen , 1 below the limo black tint is the one to go for to get near the factory tint.

Ive had most of this stuff done by a company called Car Perfection Car Care based in Bilston , West Midlands. Ive used him for 10 years and he does an excellent job !

Reactions: A4Ultra
Thanks. That’s what I thought, I’ve seen them on eBay and was going to buy it as well. Just wasn’t sure if I’ll still need to paint the crash bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That’s what I thought, I’ve seen them on eBay and was going to buy it as well. Just wasn’t sure if I’ll still need to paint the crash bar

should save you some ££ if a bodyshop is doing it. It normally costs £60 for a grill swap on the Audi B9 , i got it done for £40 as im a regular.

im now looking into and waiting for some
Quotes on changing the Rear diffuser to a facelift version.

il still have 1 exhaust but just having that dual exit in place.

thats very expensive in my opinion. Im from the West Midlands so depends where you are.

Your better off buying a Honeycomb Grill
Of ebay @ £120

my dechrome cost me £110 (lower grill surround and the window strips)

the mirror i would say £20-25 each side For the wrap

My tints were factory , but from
What i have seen , 1 below the limo black tint is the one to go for to get near the factory tint.

Ive had most of this stuff done by a company called Car Perfection Car Care based in Bilston , West Midlands. Ive used him for 10 years and he does an excellent job !
Hey thanks for the advice.

I'd rather not go for a honeycomb grill just because I'm not a fan of the look (prefer to keep it looking mainly professional and feel a honeycomb grill makes it look like an rs when it isn't - just my opinion and I don't want to be seen trying to look like something it's not as it's a 2.0tdi at the end of the day).

Travel between south west and Scotland so prices from wherever out of these. Best price seams to be south west about £500 roughly all in. Looks good quality as they wrap some mcalrens etc whereas the cheaper place has their fare share of range rovers but looks a dodgy area in Bristol :(

thanks for the help :)

should save you some ££ if a bodyshop is doing it. It normally costs £60 for a grill swap on the Audi B9 , i got it done for £40 as im a regular.

im now looking into and waiting for some
Quotes on changing the Rear diffuser to a facelift version.

il still have 1 exhaust but just having that dual exit in place.

Keep us posted about the diffuser. I’m interested in that too :)

Hey thanks for the advice.

I'd rather not go for a honeycomb grill just because I'm not a fan of the look (prefer to keep it looking mainly professional and feel a honeycomb grill makes it look like an rs when it isn't - just my opinion and I don't want to be seen trying to look like something it's not as it's a 2.0tdi at the end of the day).

Travel between south west and Scotland so prices from wherever out of these. Best price seams to be south west about £500 roughly all in. Looks good quality as they wrap some mcalrens etc whereas the cheaper place has their fare share of range rovers but looks a dodgy area in Bristol :(

thanks for the help :)

That’s a dilemma that I’m battling with and therefore am considering maybe an s4 grille/black edition (as far as I can tell, no difference)

However. I do like the look of the honeycomb grille, and at the end of the day, it’s your car, you do what you like, not what someone else tells you to like.

Reactions: A4Ultra
Took mine to get muddy in the woods.

Any more mountain bikers out there?

IMG 2111

Last edited:
Reactions: Mennell, A4Ultra and SPIKE_
I drove mine over the past couple of days, as a service, mot and warranty work was required. Not bad after only 4 weeks since my knee replacement surgery. I did test my reactions and leg pressure on my racing sim before doing so of course...

That’s a dilemma that I’m battling with and therefore am considering maybe an s4 grille/black edition (as far as I can tell, no difference)

However. I do like the look of the honeycomb grille, and at the end of the day, it’s your car, you do what you like, not what someone else tells you to like.

Definitely a dilemma we are having hahaha!

You definitely make a good point with the s4 grille potentially. Let us know how you get on and maybe prices if you end up going down that route! The reason I'm edging towards a wrap is because it looks exactly how I want it but also because if I get bored or change my mind in the future, I can change it back fairly easily. Not to mention I will need to get the windows tinted and chrome surrounds wrapped anyway as there isn't an alternative for that.

But do let us know how you get on :)

Not exactly today but anyhow, a pretty decent pic of our trip to the Lake District recently. Moody clouds over Derwent water. Purchased a Roof box and bars for the trip to ease the storage pressure with our little one (push chairs, carry cots etc) all went very well car was a dream.
img_5280-jpeg.213402

Attachments

• IMG_5280.JPEG
    IMG_5280.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,205
Last edited:
Reactions: Concerned Cat
I thought I'd give the engine bay a good clean today:
20201219 120545

Reactions: Jonfun, Concerned Cat, jds_sg and 1 other person
Nope, just the same shampoo I use for the car. As the car has only done 17400 miles it wasn't excessively grubby but hadn't been done for a while due to health issues...

What engine you have?
Will the strut brace will be compatible with 2.0 TDI?
Both are now fitted. Front strut brace was easy, took about 10mins. Rear anti roll bar took just over an hour, was quite tricky manoeuvring it around whilst lying on the floor. If the car was up in the air and you could get right under it it would have been a lot easier. Had to drop the exhaust and some other cross bar bits to get it round.
4db3d5040e0eb55071bc239671dced4c.jpg
2c17089687e7dbf3980cdcb2fef59fa2.jpg
62f04bb456ac30cb0ca3dc1c4f446504.jpg
3524981435ed9729448ffe94e2b6e6d9.jpg

Ride quality is superb, well worth the upgrade. It’s not stiff at all, rides nice and smooth and pretty much zero body roll on the soft setting. I’ll try the harder setting in a few weeks and see what the difference is.

Springs to change next, but I’ll probably get someone else to do that when I put it in for a service in a couple of months.

Reactions: Jonfun
Just had annual wheel/tyre rotate/balance/alignment @ 45kms [3 1/2yrs].
PS4S tyres at approx. same distance as old P Zeros, but with still good tread, excellent grip & turn-in, without excessive wear in insides. Very happy with them & probably will replace with similar, albeit 265 x 19. Currently 255s on 9" rims. Not sure if 35 or 30 ratio.
EBC Redstuff pads noted as still near new, installed new @ 28kms. Some dust but braking is fabulous. The braided lines should help maintain consistency.

Went for a short drive to stretch my car's legs to the surgery the long way round. That's it again for a few more weeks. Purchased another smart charger so that both of the batteries in each of our cars can be kept charged up. This one, by Maypole, was just a whisker over £20:
Screenshot 20210122 163546 Amazon

Yesterday I fitted new rear lights.
They are the genuine Audi tinted LED lights part number 8W5052100A.
Old original lights with dynamic indicators now on eBay.

Before
Screenshot 20210221 0847122

During
Screenshot 20210221 0847282

After
Screenshot 20210221 0847392

Now the car need a good wash, maybe todays job.

Reactions: InvincibleA3
Reactions: Kiltedcamel
Do the dynamic rear indicators still work?

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Yes everything works exactly as before.
They were just over £300 on eBay from an Audi dealership I believe.

looks bang on.

would you be interested facelifting the rear diffuser to the dual exit oval tips as i have the part

Thanks.
Can you send a picture?

Reactions: InvincibleA3

Thanks.
Can you send a picture?

Ive got the diffuser and the chrome
Strip.

the chrome strip itself is over £200 lol

its advertised on Ebay if your interested

Attachments

• EADC1C91-3566-41EF-84C5-147B6AC5D06B.jpeg
    EADC1C91-3566-41EF-84C5-147B6AC5D06B.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

I've just seen you sold your other tail lights for near the tinted purchase price, which was all I needed to push me into purchasing my own set!

Thanks!

Just had annual wheel/tyre rotate/balance/alignment @ 45kms [3 1/2yrs].
PS4S tyres at approx. same distance as old P Zeros, but with still good tread, excellent grip & turn-in, without excessive wear in insides. Very happy with them & probably will replace with similar, albeit 265 x 19. Currently 255s on 9" rims. Not sure if 35 or 30 ratio.
EBC Redstuff pads noted as still near new, installed new @ 28kms. Some dust but braking is fabulous. The braided lines should help maintain consistency.
Hi,
Can you confirm you’ve an A4 B9 Audi and you’ve fitted 265/35/19 tyres?
If so have you found any issues at all?
Thanks in advance….
Appreciate your help!!

Best regards,

Stevie M.

I waved bye bye to mine

Attachments

• 59006724-A516-4BFB-BCD4-C1520DEC3723.jpeg
    59006724-A516-4BFB-BCD4-C1520DEC3723.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 122
Hi,
Can you confirm you’ve an A4 B9 Audi and you’ve fitted 265/35/19 tyres?
If so have you found any issues at all?
Thanks in advance….
Appreciate your help!!

Best regards,

Stevie M.
'17 B9 S4 Avant, as below, but still have 255's as good tread left.
The tyre dealer whom I use fits m-a-n-y Audi rims/tyres, advised no problems with 265's.
Audi Aust confirmed A5's have slightly bigger wheel arches, so are fitted with 255's OEM.
Know at least 2 AudiZine [US] members who fitted 275's. Not sure if that required any work to the arches or spacers.

Good mornings work yesterday. 034 springs all round. ECS trans mount and diff mounts.
Will post some pics and feedback soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20211020_131804.jpg
    IMG_20211020_131804.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 85
Went over the mythos black with Farecla G3 Paint Renovator, then poorboys black hole and finished with Collinite 476.