What did you & your B9 do today?

Not going to even sit in mine today, just look at it through the window ;-)

I checked mine on the app today....

(Its in our garage and the other two cars in the household are shoe horned on the drive such that I can't even open the garage door without moving them)

Have probably noted this annoyance previously - the blinding reflection of the row of piano buttons for the air-con, particularly when the sun is bright and high in the sky. SWMBO made a cloth cover over the MMI screen (we rarely use it) draping over the buttons, down to cover the cup holders to prolong the cold drinks. It is complete with cut-outs for the vents under the screen. Problem solved.

Trivia: Love how the manufacturer listens to customers and acts. Also the synergy between manufacturer and dealer. Oh p-l-e-a-s-e.
https://www.goauto.com.au/news/audi/audi-australia-simplifies-options-lists/2018-11-12/76403.html

I replaced the battery in the key yet again. Audi have done this twice (I suspect with cheapies), so I decided to try a Duracell one. That's three replacements, & the car isn't twelve months old yet.

I replaced the battery in the key yet again. Audi have done this twice (I suspect with cheapies), so I decided to try a Duracell one. That's three replacements, & the car isn't twelve months old yet.

Wow, that's a lot! Mine is over a year old and I've not had to replace yet, thankfully.

Same with my B8, I suspect most frequent changers have 'advanced key' which presumably transmits all the time rather than when you press the button.

Same with my B8, I suspect most frequent changers have 'advanced key' which presumably transmits all the time rather than when you press the button.

Mine is the advanced key, so don't know what situations cause the battery to be run down quicker or slower since I've had no requirement to change mine in the 14 months of owning the car and I use it multiple times each day.

Reactions: NevMan
Good news, my current car is coming up for its first birthday but as I commute into London by train, the keys spend most of their time in an old biscuit tin

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan
Interesting replies chaps. I'm going to see how long the "premium" Duracell battery lasts. If it's not long, then yet another trip to the dealers. Having said that, they are great to deal with.

Just had to replace the battery in my key fob again, only been a few months too, good job I purchased a twin pack. Won't happen as often with the new car though as that one will switch off after a few seconds of not detecting movement. About time Audi followed suit...

Think I may have been flashed on a French speed camera again. At least I now have the Amendes.gouv.fr App on my iPhone to pay up.

Changed the cabin filter in the S4, The old one was really filthy!
It’s an easy job if you’re fairly bendy ;-)

Reactions: Kondax
Front strut brace and rear anti roll bar delivered today. Probably fit them sometime over the weekend and add pics of them fitted.
be3aa84c4cd8c2f84c58e4116e505899.jpg
c13fc1536eba1ecd9db815bc12790d03.jpg

Both are now fitted. Front strut brace was easy, took about 10mins. Rear anti roll bar took just over an hour, was quite tricky manoeuvring it around whilst lying on the floor. If the car was up in the air and you could get right under it it would have been a lot easier. Had to drop the exhaust and some other cross bar bits to get it round.
4db3d5040e0eb55071bc239671dced4c.jpg
2c17089687e7dbf3980cdcb2fef59fa2.jpg
62f04bb456ac30cb0ca3dc1c4f446504.jpg
3524981435ed9729448ffe94e2b6e6d9.jpg

Ride quality is superb, well worth the upgrade. It’s not stiff at all, rides nice and smooth and pretty much zero body roll on the soft setting. I’ll try the harder setting in a few weeks and see what the difference is.

Springs to change next, but I’ll probably get someone else to do that when I put it in for a service in a couple of months.

Reactions: SMI77 and S19 MYD
Both are now fitted. Front strut brace was easy, took about 10mins. Rear anti roll bar took just over an hour, was quite tricky manoeuvring it around whilst lying on the floor. If the car was up in the air and you could get right under it it would have been a lot easier. Had to drop the exhaust and some other cross bar bits to get it round.

Ride quality is superb, well worth the upgrade. It’s not stiff at all, rides nice and smooth and pretty much zero body roll on the soft setting. I’ll try the harder setting in a few weeks and see what the difference is.

Springs to change next, but I’ll probably get someone else to do that when I put it in for a service in a couple of months.
* 034 Rear anti roll bar - definitely "Bang for Buck" with fantastic Customer Service. Arguably best "street" rear bar on the market. Not harsh at all.
Combined with the PS4S's - brilliant.
* 034 Strut bar - considered, but declined after speaking with some local auto engineers. In their opinion, the only serious strut bar was one directly between the strut towers, plus any tightening up of the front end would increase the understeer, which was my no.1 problem.
* Springs - go for it!!!

Don't forget to upgrade your Signature.

Hi folks

Just had my Karbel Diffusers installed yesterday. Rear bumper removal to have non-destrutive installation.

I presumed i could have gain 1 horse power up and some fuel consumption due to this mod?

Check out KARBELAUSTRALIA they made some really good stuffs

Attachments

• 1389305741.jpg
    1389305741.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 1780866848.jpg
    1780866848.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 1725851561.jpg
    1725851561.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 1549366493.jpg
    1549366493.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 336
Reactions: SiPie
Installed decat and Milltek non-res catback. Couldn't stand the drone so I've gone back to stock exhaust but kept the decat.

So if anybody wants to buy the catback let me know, only had it on for three days..

Installed an intake also, will be fitting FMIC soon.

In other news the car's now running Stage 2 DTUK maps and it's pretty damn quick. Knocked 0.5s~ off from the standard DTUK box (now 3.83s 0-60). Need to try a few more launches to get that time down as that's only from one launch on Map 3/1.

My 2.0 TDi has just come back from a Scottish road trip. 1760 miles @ 61.4 mpg. The highest I got was 71.6 on a gentle trip along the A97 and A98!

Reactions: jds_sg
My 3.0 TDi that I only bought 3.5 weeks ago is still at bodyshop after a supermarket prang 10 days in. Other persons fault.

Just about surviving with my 70k Merc 350 GLS AMG courtesy car which was the only thing that matched my request for like for like as its 3.0l V6 Auto.

As I say, just about surviving.

Just picked it up from bodyshop after a supermarket prang.

Mixed feelings, glad to have it back, but in all honesty its feels remarkably ordinary after having a Merc GLS 350 AMG for 10 days as a hire car. Ive loved having that tank and the 3.0 Tdi S-line feels, well, a bit **** in every way other than MPG!

I'm sure I'll get to love it again. Maybe.

(Currently planning a Big Vern style post office job to buy a GLS)

Not today but a couple of days ago, then some cat with muddy paws decided to walk all over it:
20190828 182938
20190828 144728 1134x2016
20190828 144719 1134x2016
20190828 144739 1134x2016

Reactions: SPIKE_ and LukeHawk
So.. Had the blue beast in today for some goodies to be installed.
ECS intercooler and charge pipe kit.. with some added bling for cooling :icon thumright:

Ive got some custom work ongoing for a better induction route - tbc.

WhatsApp Image 2019 09 03 at 194229 WhatsApp Image 2019 09 03 at 120542 WhatsApp Image 2019 09 03 at 144729

New pads & discs front & back. 27.5k miles.

New pads & discs front & back. 27.5k miles.

Is that 27.5k from new? If so that seems very high wear.
Had mine serviced less than a month ago at 31k and according to the Audi cam clip they sent me all pads are 8mm and only 20% worn, which I was pleasantly surprised at.

Is that 27.5k from new? If so that seems very high wear.
Had mine serviced less than a month ago at 31k and according to the Audi cam clip they sent me all pads are 8mm and only 20% worn, which I was pleasantly surprised at.
Depends how you drive the car. I needed rears replacing at 41k. 27.5k is extremely early though.

Rear pads and discs at 42K as pads were causing the wear warning to come on, discs would need replacing in near future so had the whole lot done this summer.

Finally got some OEM smoked rear light clusters ordered so looking forward to them arriving soon and getting them on.

Fitted door latch covers. They match the Manhattan grey perfect.

Such a simple yet effective upgrade I do on all my cars.

9112BCBA C12B 4532 B5AB AACBA046F1C0 13278C50 913E 45B1 9702 9FDFC9312DC1

Like those. I upgraded to carbon fibre ones but prefer these.

Reactions: gtunney
Bumping the thread. Not much happening on here of late!

I removed my 034 motorsport rear anti roll bar yesterday and went back to standard. Great on the track, complete rubbish for normal driving that I do 99.9% of the time. Made the ride far too stiff so the rear suspension wouldn’t work independently. It was fine before I lowered the car but once lowered it was shocking. Even with the suspension in comfort. Car is nice and smooth again with just the lowering springs.

S4 has been to see Rik at Unicorn...stock came back at 355 - stage 1 and now 422 - happy days

Reactions: A12RNX
Took the first picture of it :yahoo:

IMG 4303 copy

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Stellan and LukeHawk