What did you & your B9 do today?

Had a ride over to Whitby via York. Lovely day apart from the wind. 24c & sunny. Pano sunroof opened all day. Its mid October!!

Reactions: cuke2u and DaveW
Well I'll be blowed!!! Many thanks for that.

Today did an Audi-Sport track & training day @ Norwell Motorplex on Gold Coast, in our vehicles. Variety of R8s, RS5, RS3s, S3s & SQ5s, plus our S4.
Comprised of slalom, skidpan & trackwork. On the skidpan, continued add to my list of don't do's by somehow stopping on the grass verge many metres from where I was supposed to be. No scrutineering, so the DTUK trilogy were 'on'. Particularly the TCE Tune paid for itself, as all day no traction control nor sport/dynamic mode, only 'auto'. Brilliant day though!!

Nice mate, sounds like a blast. Good to hear the DTUK trilogy was in full use

Held my breath returning to Heathrow's Meet & Greet and taking a lonngggg time looking around the car. Fortunately, there wasn't a mark on it and I had nice refined and quiet 1 1/2 hour drive home, despite the M25. Compared to the Camero convertible I'd driven 2,000 miles in over the previous 11 days, the A4 was built on another planet!

Reactions: NevMan
S4 in for an annual maintenance and protection detail today, couple of shots from the detailer just now.

Shame weather is pants as won’t stay clean for long!!

36199AB3 64DF 4A00 AA50 2AC43725EAAC

4D6882F4 B138 430C 9DF4 E546C9AEB86B

Reactions: rasA4, NevMan, DaveW and 5 others
Yesterday I took delivery of my long awaited S4, and spent the day familiarising myself with the controls and driving it as much as possible. It was a fun day!

I really couldn't be happier with it so far, the noise is quite addictive.

Car 1
Car 2
Car 3

Reactions: rasA4, NevMan, DaveW and 3 others
Looks amazing! Who are you using for detailing?
Thanks mate.

I use Vehicle Detailing Services based near Norwich, Stuart is a great guy, loves his cars and puts a lot of love and care into his detailing, highly recommended.

Thanks mate.

I use Vehicle Detailing Services based near Norwich, Stuart is a great guy, loves his cars and puts a lot of love and care into his detailing, highly recommended.
Hi. If you don't mind me asking....how much does that kind of service cost?
It's on my to do list....my bonnet and boot are covered in awful swirls and holograms! Would they be able to fix this kind of thing?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They should be able too by the quality of work in the photos. I used a guyin Lowestoft for my car:
FB IMG 1504457850562

Reactions: rasA4, Riko0073, SMI77 and 3 others
Thanks, over one year on and still looking good:
20180617 150705

Reactions: SMI77, NevMan, Riko0073 and 1 other person
Fitted the ECS Carbon fog overlays to match the ECS front lip and OEM carbon mirror covers.

Fog overlays give a bit more of an aggressive look as they protrude more from the grill....very happy

CEDE5519 D587 4C48 A431 D6E6C09F7C67

5EE63E56 9CE0 488E BCDE 9EA1A57B9567

783E8FA6 008E 4B8E 8EDF EA6DCF1914C5

Reactions: cuke2u and SMI77
Fitted the ECS Carbon fog overlays to match the ECS front lip and OEM carbon mirror covers.
Fog overlays give a bit more of an aggressive look as they protrude more from the grill....very happy
Looks great. Does give the front 'attitude'. The carbon fibre goes nicely with the Daytona Grey.
Have considered the c/f lip, may be later. Their full lower spoiler is too low though.

Reactions: Riko0073
Looks great. Does give the front 'attitude'. The carbon fibre goes nicely with the Daytona Grey.
Have considered the c/f lip, may be later. Their full lower spoiler is too low though.
Thanks mate.

I’m just trying to keep it subtle, the lower spoiler a bit too much for me and yes would worry about catching it on kerbs etc!

Busy morning prepping the car for its second service tomorrow. Removed the tuning box and gave the car a good wash n wax, do not valet signs printed:
20181021 133538
20181021 133806
20181021 134029
20181021 142634

Reactions: NevMan, Paul Golding and Riko0073
Fitted Hill Hold Assist yesterday. Worked fine on a short test drive. Will test fully tomorrow.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
I assume you have a loom. Grey and brown free ends and green and yellow with connectors?

Assuming the loom has the same connections as mine you need to connect the following:

Parking Brake connector:
- Solder Grey to the cable in Pin 5
- Solder Brown to the cable in Pin 6

There are two 73 pin connectors in the passenger footwell - just above the fuses. 73A is nearest the rear - 73B nearest to the front.

- Connect the Green to Pin 31 of 73B
- Connect the Yellow to Pin 17 of 73A

I also had to adapt the connector to the HHA button because it was for a LHD car button but it was fairly straight forward with a scalpel.

Assuming the loom has the same connections as mine you need to connect the following:

Parking Brake connector:
- Solder Grey to the cable in Pin 5
- Solder Brown to the cable in Pin 6

There are two 73 pin connectors in the passenger footwell - just above the fuses. 73A is nearest the rear - 73B nearest to the front.

- Connect the Green to Pin 31 of 73B
- Connect the Yellow to Pin 17 of 73A

I also had to adapt the connector to the HHA button because it was for a LHD car button but it was fairly straight forward with a scalpel.
What trim do you take off to get started?

Dropped off my car for its two year service, air con service and the rattle from the rear parcel shelf looked into.
Didn't really notice not having the tuning box as the TCU tune has made so much of a difference to the way in which the car performs. I would say just having that is good value.

They have given me a black Q2 1.4tfsi manual to run about in. It is a cheeky car but really notice the lack of extra's my A4 has. So quaint to have to unlock the car by pressing a button on the fob and actually use a key to start the car. Seems very old fashioned these days.
Still the engine is good enough to keep up with the cut and thrust of urban traffic. Refined although I would say slightly noiser than the one I had in my A3 saloon. Certainly the car as a whole is noticably noiser with tyre roar and slap and plenty of wind rustle around the door mirrors as well, but acceptable though. The mpg on my car going over was around 42mpg and the Q2 was 42-45mpg, so not alot of difference really.

Dropped off my car for its two year service, air con service and the rattle from the rear parcel shelf looked into.
Didn't really notice not having the tuning box as the TCU tune has made so much of a difference to the way in which the car performs. I would say just having that is good value.

They have given me a black Q2 1.4tfsi manual to run about in. It is a cheeky car but really notice the lack of extra's my A4 has. So quaint to have to unlock the car by pressing a button on the fob and actually use a key to start the car. Seems very old fashioned these days.
Still the engine is good enough to keep up with the cut and thrust of urban traffic. Refined although I would say slightly noiser than the one I had in my A3 saloon. Certainly the car as a whole is noticably noiser with tyre roar and slap and plenty of wind rustle around the door mirrors as well, but acceptable though. The mpg on my car going over was around 42mpg and the Q2 was 42-45mpg, so not alot of difference really.
Goo little bit of insight thanks for sharing. Odd looking things - rear lights are a dead ringer for the Polo.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
I cleaned mine (yesterday). First pic I've posted with windows tinted too.

Attachments

• 20181021_125520.jpg
    20181021_125520.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 411
Reactions: Paul Golding
Well a rattle free drive back from Audi, before I celebrate on a job well done I will check on the tyre pressures first, because the car feels a little softer. Of course this could down to having been driving around in a Q2 all day with the A4 suspension being more refined.

Whilst it was in they performed a software update to the windscreen mounted camera, however what this has done they did not know but I guess they've been requested to do so by Audi.
The TSB is numbered 90k9 if anyone is interested but I guess it hasn't put my TCU tune back to default?
I guess I could just apply it again to be sure..,

Tuning box refitted this afternoon. Will see the difference tomorrow..

Dropped the car off at Audi Huddersfield to (hopefully) sort an annoying rattle/squeak from the passenger door. The tech thought he knew what it was. So they've got it until a week on Wednesday whilst we soak up some Fuerteventura sun. Well impressed with the professional response & service. Recommended.