1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What did you & your B9 do today?

Concerned Cat Feb 18, 2018

1. A4Ultra

A4Ultra Registered User

V. nice

Looking to get my red A4 ultra dethroned and tinted (had a black edition b8.5 and prefer the look but couldn't find a black edition b9 when buying earlier this year).

Did you do this yourself or get a company to do it? I've got quotes of about £400 for a dechrome of grill, window surrounds air intakes and mirrors in gloss black to match it up (as I believe the black editions have the mirrors blacked too). Then the tints an extra £150 roughly.

Total looking cost is about £550 inclusive so I'd be happy to pay that if it's done well and looks nice. Any thoughts?

Also what level is your tint? Every place I ask for factory level tint I get given different numbers!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. InvincibleA3

InvincibleA3 Registered User

thats very expensive in my opinion. Im from the West Midlands so depends where you are.

Your better off buying a Honeycomb Grill
    Of ebay @ £120

my dechrome cost me £110 (lower grill surround and the window strips)

the mirror i would say £20-25 each side For the wrap

My tints were factory , but from
    What i have seen , 1 below the limo black tint is the one to go for to get near the factory tint.

Ive had most of this stuff done by a company called Car Perfection Car Care based in Bilston , West Midlands. Ive used him for 10 years and he does an excellent job !

A4Ultra likes this.
  4. Mr Olympik

Mr Olympik Registered User

5. InvincibleA3

this grill had a face which covered this area so didnt require painting. Cant even tell.

here is the link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274155945849

6. Mr Olympik

Thanks. That’s what I thought, I’ve seen them on eBay and was going to buy it as well. Just wasn’t sure if I’ll still need to paint the crash bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. InvincibleA3

should save you some ££ if a bodyshop is doing it. It normally costs £60 for a grill swap on the Audi B9 , i got it done for £40 as im a regular.

im now looking into and waiting for some
    Quotes on changing the Rear diffuser to a facelift version.

il still have 1 exhaust but just having that dual exit in place.

8. A4Ultra

A4Ultra Registered User

Hey thanks for the advice.

I'd rather not go for a honeycomb grill just because I'm not a fan of the look (prefer to keep it looking mainly professional and feel a honeycomb grill makes it look like an rs when it isn't - just my opinion and I don't want to be seen trying to look like something it's not as it's a 2.0tdi at the end of the day).

Travel between south west and Scotland so prices from wherever out of these. Best price seams to be south west about £500 roughly all in. Looks good quality as they wrap some mcalrens etc whereas the cheaper place has their fare share of range rovers but looks a dodgy area in Bristol :(

thanks for the help :)

9. Mr Olympik

Keep us posted about the diffuser. I’m interested in that too :)

10. Mr Olympik

That’s a dilemma that I’m battling with and therefore am considering maybe an s4 grille/black edition (as far as I can tell, no difference)

However. I do like the look of the honeycomb grille, and at the end of the day, it’s your car, you do what you like, not what someone else tells you to like.

A4Ultra likes this.
  11. leedodds1

leedodds1 Registered User

Took mine to get muddy in the woods.

Any more mountain bikers out there?

IMG_2111.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Mennell, A4Ultra and SPIKE_JCW like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I drove mine over the past couple of days, as a service, mot and warranty work was required. Not bad after only 4 weeks since my knee replacement surgery. I did test my reactions and leg pressure on my racing sim before doing so of course...

14. A4Ultra

A4Ultra Registered User

Definitely a dilemma we are having hahaha!

You definitely make a good point with the s4 grille potentially. Let us know how you get on and maybe prices if you end up going down that route! The reason I'm edging towards a wrap is because it looks exactly how I want it but also because if I get bored or change my mind in the future, I can change it back fairly easily. Not to mention I will need to get the windows tinted and chrome surrounds wrapped anyway as there isn't an alternative for that.

But do let us know how you get on :)

15. InvincibleA3

16. Jonfun

Jonfun 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

Not exactly today but anyhow, a pretty decent pic of our trip to the Lake District recently. Moody clouds over Derwent water. Purchased a Roof box and bars for the trip to ease the storage pressure with our little one (push chairs, carry cots etc) all went very well car was a dream.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Concerned Cat likes this.
  17. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Nice Daytona B9

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  18. Jonfun

Jonfun 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

Cheers, its Daytona Grey Pearl effect apparently.

19. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Indeed, I have a B9 RS4 in Daytona... still prefer Mythos but a close runner up.

20. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I thought I'd give the engine bay a good clean today:
    20201219_120545.jpg

Concerned Cat, jds_sg and Mkay315 like this.
  21. jds_sg

jds_sg Registered User

Looks like new!
    Do you use anything specific for cleaning the engine bay?

22. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Nope, just the same shampoo I use for the car. As the car has only done 17400 miles it wasn't excessively grubby but hadn't been done for a while due to health issues...

23. Ioan Furdui

Ioan Furdui 2016 A4 Avant B9 190 Quattro S-Line

What engine you have?
    Will the strut brace will be compatible with 2.0 TDI?

24. SMI77

SMI77 Australia

Just had annual wheel/tyre rotate/balance/alignment @ 45kms [3 1/2yrs].
    PS4S tyres at approx. same distance as old P Zeros, but with still good tread, excellent grip & turn-in, without excessive wear in insides. Very happy with them & probably will replace with similar, albeit 265 x 19. Currently 255s on 9" rims. Not sure if 35 or 30 ratio.
    EBC Redstuff pads noted as still near new, installed new @ 28kms. Some dust but braking is fabulous. The braided lines should help maintain consistency.

25. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Went for a short drive to stretch my car's legs to the surgery the long way round. That's it again for a few more weeks. Purchased another smart charger so that both of the batteries in each of our cars can be kept charged up. This one, by Maypole, was just a whisker over £20:
    Screenshot_20210122-163546_Amazon.jpg

26. Kiltedcamel

Kiltedcamel Registered User

Yesterday I fitted new rear lights.
    They are the genuine Audi tinted LED lights part number 8W5052100A.
    Old original lights with dynamic indicators now on eBay.

Before
    Screenshot_20210221-084712~2.png

During
    Screenshot_20210221-084728~2.png

After
    Screenshot_20210221-084739~2.png

Now the car need a good wash, maybe todays job.