What did you do with your C7 today?

Devilz

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I wonder why we don't have this thread here...

Activated tail lights as DRL and turned headlight off. It looks like this

Attachments

• 20161224_174158.jpg
    20161224_174158.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 404
  • 20161224_174215.jpg
    20161224_174215.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: Alex jb
Have you turned the front DRL's via vagcom up, they look very bright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them bright I want to turn mine up but can only see it with the indicators on vcds

Reactions: Slackworth
You can adjust the brightness of DRL's when headlights are on

[Select]
[09-Cent. Elec.]
[Security Access - 16](enter security code - 20113)
[Adaptation - 10]
Select Channel 03 and Read
Change the value from 5 to 100
Press Test then press save

Also Tail lights on with front DRL's

[Select]
[09-Cent. Elec.]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 2 and enable bit 7
[Do it!]

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Metcalf
On xmas eve I spent a couple hours on the bonnet with a clay bar and polish admiring my A6 on my 8th day of ownership.

Later that evening an uninsured and unlicensed driver travelling in the opposite direction to me swerved out and had a head on collision with me writing my beautiful A6 off (see attached)

So now tomorrow I'm going shopping for another one. Annoyed doesn't cover it!

Attachments

• IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 299
Wow that just plain sucks, hope you are ok!

That sucks.
Did he get nicked and spend the night under lock and key?
Will your insurance cover it, and without loss of NCB?

I'm still a bit sore and achey from it. Nothing broken though so consider myself lucky!

He's been reported for it and the guy who's company car it was is being reported as well for allowing him to use it uninsured.

Insurance are covering yeah, as the other car was insured as a company car they are trying to get them to pay out but failing that they are paying without loss of NCB. They've been pretty good so far to be fair (with quote me happy). They got me a courtesy car sorted from enterprise for 2 weeks so it gives me time to find a replacement.....which I've found today and put a deposit on! Treated myself to a BiTDI this time as it was the only one matching the spec I wanted (would have been quite happy with another 245ps but have to admit the bitdi does sound fecking nice!)

Reactions: Aly and James.B8
On xmas eve I spent a couple hours on the bonnet with a clay bar and polish admiring my A6 on my 8th day of ownership.

Later that evening an uninsured and unlicensed driver travelling in the opposite direction to me swerved out and had a head on collision with me writing my beautiful A6 off (see attached)

Sorry to hear it man, glad to hear you are ok.

I washed my car and got it tinted from B pillar. Pics to follow tomorrow

Reactions: Jakes2514

Thats terrible Dave! Glad you wasn't too injuried!
Cars can be replaced! Good look finding a new one!

Well as the insurance company were pretty switched on, I've got my replacement yesterday!

Due to time pressures and needing a new car, I wasn't spoilt for choice and ended up spending a bit more to get what I wanted however ended up with this:

0D9F004A-9872-4386-B58A-4A511A06F564.jpeg

3.0 BiTDI S-Line this time round with the tech pack, heads up display and Audi lane assist. Already had VCDS on it and enable lap timer, needle sweep, brightened the LED DRL's, disabled stop/start by default and a couple other bits. Also got the clay bar out today and did the bonnet (followed by a coat of wax) and cleaned the glass and polished the exhaust tips and washed under the bonnet. Been a busy couple days!

Need to do the MMI update to k0900 ideally. Anyone know if there are any downloads for this available as I could do with doing it sooner than later

Reactions: Jakes2514, Aly, Rhyso and 2 others
Looks lovely, the BiTdi is just awesome.

Well as the insurance company were pretty switched on, I've got my replacement yesterday!

Due to time pressures and needing a new car, I wasn't spoilt for choice and ended up spending a bit more to get what I wanted however ended up with this:

0D9F004A-9872-4386-B58A-4A511A06F564.jpeg

3.0 BiTDI S-Line this time round with the tech pack, heads up display and Audi lane assist. Already had VCDS on it and enable lap timer, needle sweep, brightened the LED DRL's, disabled stop/start by default and a couple other bits. Also got the clay bar out today and did the bonnet (followed by a coat of wax) and cleaned the glass and polished the exhaust tips and washed under the bonnet. Been a busy couple days!

Need to do the MMI update to k0900 ideally. Anyone know if there are any downloads for this available as I could do with doing it sooner than later
Silver lining and all that... Stunning replacement! Looks like Daytona Grey? Same as mines... BiTDi sound awesome! Especially with Kufatec Sound Booster Pro

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dave_ph
Bought a whole load of new cleaning gear... Just need to wait for the weather to clear

ab786bb75cd4a4aa69bcd3745bc61259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In day three of my road-trip to Val Thorens... tomorrow we go into the mountains putting the Quattro and Yokohama winter tyres to the test

Loving the allroad but boys and girls roof-boxes are NOT a friend of your mpg's!!!

Pictures from todays leg, early start empty french highways (may or may not have been flashed by some 'poles')
cb40f9c96244524918d27fc3a30c9bd2.jpg

Yesterdays pictures, collecting some road grime, beautiful sun rises in Kent and keeping the Gendarme happy
6b0aebc4d2ea3a33331d0c352951e041.jpg

63f07490876d47695acdd928bf57aa03.jpg

c7661d531603d351b1c15a027b7f31ef.jpg

The day we set off with my new Gecko
3852a1825842b49e84f0fa7e5f4fb5e5.jpg

Reactions: dave_ph
Greased the pinch bolt, will be doing this on a yearly basis. This bolt will be the bane of your life after it weld itself in the upright over many years.
WP_20161008_18_13_17_Rich_zpsvr1u7vmz.jpg

WP_20161008_18_13_10_Rich_zpsnj3dvdmm.jpg

Got my car remapped my @bobby singh

It pulls like train now and the V6 growl is how it should be in first place. Need to put on rollers to find exact numbers

Reactions: mcwharam and bobby singh