What did you do to your B7 today

Rastamouse

Welsh Audi Nut
Reaction score
Sorted out my bumper/bonnet gap today (as it was getting on my t**s) and gave the car a quick wash
Gap before:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317212162824
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317308659306

After:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317396041996
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352317426004897

Looks a lot better now!

Also sorted my reverse camera retrofit out,now works a dream.will take some pics when i get a chance.

love the audizine verision of this thread :)

today ive drove mine lol need to clean as its a r8 mess, only fully detailed it sunday aswell :(

Its surprisingly easy to adjust the bumper,it supposedly can be done without removing the bumper,i had mine off anyway so did it then.
If you look on the slam panel at the front you will notice two 18/20mm diameter holes,if you look down these holes you will see some t35 torx screws, you turn these to adjust the height of the bumper. If i remember correctly its clockwise to raise it and anti-clockwise to lower.you will need a relatively long series t35 torx driver tho to get to it.
Even with removing the bumper and a brew in between it only took bout half hour to do,and makes it look a whole load better.
Id seen so many a4's including mine with big bumper/bonnet gaps and just had to sort it out!

Its surprisingly easy to adjust the bumper,it supposedly can be done without removing the bumper,i had mine off anyway so did it then.
If you look on the slam panel at the front you will notice two 18/20mm diameter holes,if you look down these holes you will see some t35 torx screws, you turn these to adjust the height of the bumper. If i remember correctly its clockwise to raise it and anti-clockwise to lower.you will need a relatively long series t35 torx driver tho to get to it.
Even with removing the bumper and a brew in between it only took bout half hour to do,and makes it look a whole load better.
Id seen so many a4's including mine with big bumper/bonnet gaps and just had to sort it out!
yep thats the way
unless its been off before and they havent put it back right
DIY: Bumper/Hood Gap Adjustment (after bumper removal)

Fitted my studded winter Goodyears for the cold monthsahead.....and now it's +12c here in Swedenshire! Pffff. Was hoping to get the bus tarted up with the my newly aquired ABT bodykit and get the rust and bodywork painted for later this month too.....just not enough hours in the day.

Last edited:
Well I spent a little while looking at K04'd B4 S4's today........ :unsure:

Never noticed how big the gap is on mine till I read this! Cheers!! :lol:

Loving the front end look, very nice indeed :thumb:

Not today but yesterday:
got the plastidip out and sprayed up the front grill to get rid of the horrible chrome surround and faded plastic and fitted the 18"BBs rep's
to replace the horrible kerbed to f**k ones that it came with.
fingers crossed will get the coilovers fitted next week and assuming all goes will with the plasti-dip on the front i will get rid of the chrome Window surrounds as well

Not today but yesterday:
got the plastidip out and sprayed up the front grill to get rid of the horrible chrome surround and faded plastic and fitted the 18"BBs rep's
to replace the horrible kerbed to f**k ones that it came with.
fingers crossed will get the coilovers fitted next week and assuming all goes will with the plasti-dip on the front i will get rid of the chrome Window surrounds as well

any piccies of the plasti-dipped grille - did you go matte or gloss, and what was the finish like?

ta,
goose

Finally got it back to just mine :)
Wifes A3 all mot'd and back on the road.
Camper Back wintered where it should be.

"What did you do to your B7 today"

hhmm at the weekend, she got a quick clean following a few hundred miles of M1 road-crud, and i got under the car and twisted my exhaust brackets round to try and free up a mm or two of ground clearance (before i rip off the milltek!).

and today she's in @ Jtech Automotive Ltd having a faulty headlight levelling sensor sorted.

thats it for this week

goose

any piccies of the plasti-dipped grille - did you go matte or gloss, and what was the finish like?
ta,
goose
Finish came out pretty well TBH. though with it being a less than geart day in not-so-sunny Scotland it took Ages for it to cure right.
will try get some pics up. big test will be how hard wearing it is or if it will fall apart come its first clean.

and the vedict is in it looks pretty good when on. I sprayed it at the weekend, gave the grill a scrub let it dry and applyed.
Doesnt seem to like my Grill that much and has started to peel. that said it comes away really easy literally just pulls off.M
ay give it a 2nd bash this weekend but put some Plastic primer down primer down first see it will help it adhere a bit better to the plastic grill.

Last edited:
Today I fixed the glove box and had the car remapped from 140 to 175bhp

^^^^^ Sounds like a good day!!

Today I got a mate to clear a TPMS error off my dash, so now i finally have my full DIS back and no annoying beeping!

Plus I picked up a set off RNS-E removal keys, ready to clean the DVD laser at the weekend, and hopefully get my sat-nav working again.

Happy days!

goose

I didn't do anythin to my B7 but some women pulled out of a side road right into the side of me and crashed into my B7!!! Gutted! :(

299448A5-CD9C-4DB5-A6DF-20D0CF7FD193-6454-000007A8640CDECC.jpg

oooft, hope all inside the car were ok.
assume she just wasnt paying attention untill she was trying to sit next to you..

Sh*t sorry to hear that mate..:(

oooft, hope all inside the car were ok.
assume she just wasnt paying attention untill she was trying to sit next to you..

thanks for the concerns, yeah luckily only me in the car and not the misses and are 9 month old son :/

spot on, she didn't even look in the direction I was comin from! She just pulled out :(

thanks for the concerns, yeah luckily only me in the car and not the misses and are 9 month old son :/

spot on, she didn't even look in the direction I was comin from! She just pulled out :(

gutted for you mate - after all the work you put in keeping her clean, it makes you feel sick in the pit of your stomache

am sure all will come good in the end

goose