What did you beat Audi down to for your new S3?

Red Head

Flat Out
Reaction score
Hi,

In Northern Ireland where I live, we only have one Audi dealer called "Isaac Agnew" who have two branches in NI and are therefore a complete monopoly. They exploit this through high prices and are basically notorious for ripping people off:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25609

Anyways, my father is after a new S3 after a few health scares and wants to make the most of a nice car whilst he can.

So, what did you beat your Audi dealer down to, price wise, for your new S3? I need these figures to compare our quote to and to see how much they will budge on price, as the local dealer is incredibly aware of its position.

(They only offered £700 from the total specced price)

Thanks

Jen

Didn't get 1 pence off. In fact as the sales person changed midway through the sale, the paperwork "could not be found" for my agreed trade in value (2 weeks before taking delivery of new car). I ended up losing £500 on my trade in as it didn't sell privately ahead of the exchange, the costs of advertising, and then they backed out of fitting my hand held sat nav and wanted to charge £100 fitting cost which had also been agreed in the original deal.

Needless to say I won't be using the dealership again even if I win the lottery or they are the last car dealership on earth.

somewhere between 5% and 10% seems to be the norm. I cant remember exactly, but I got around 7% off I think.

Spec up your car using the online config , then minus the total OTRP by 6% , the figure you have left will give you a good idea of a healthy discount!

Lets say your spec'd up car is 30K minus 6% @ £1800 = 28.2k

Go to all the dealers in your area , tell them your spec, tell THEM how much it SHOULD cost, BUT you only have 28k....with a bit of luck they should do it for your price.

I went to three dealers in my area and two of them coould do it for the price i wanted, i had no trade in tho!

p

Hi Redhead. I bought my S3 from Agnews last year and managed to get around £1240 off list price. I had a Civic type R to trade in, but the price they offered me was a joke, I sold it myself and got £1400 more than they were offering. When I did the deal I made it very clear I was in a position to do place an order there and then if the price was right, and they gave me the deal I wanted without too much of a fight. I think the sales man was called David Mc Mullan. Might be worth giving him a call to see what he can do for you.

my s line 170 tdi dsg spec'ed was about 27,500 and i got about 3,000 off!!

£700 is a tiny percentage of the profit they are making I'm sure, will fight for more off £30k

How meny dealers is there in Belfast/northen ireland?

Just keep going round the dealers ,i think you should be aiming for 2k discount or as close as poss!

p

There is only one Phantom and thats the problem! Agnews have the whole Audi franchise sewn up in Northern Ireland. They own the only 2 garages over here.

There is only one Phantom and thats the problem! Agnews have the whole Audi franchise sewn up in Northern Ireland. They own the only 2 garages over here.

In that case i would get some online price's internet brokers that sort of thing and take them in showing that discounts can be had!

I don't know the in's and out's but would it be cheaper to buy in England and take it over?

p

If I can get a good price in England/GB from a dealer I will take it in to show them, checked the internet car purchasing sites and I am very dubius about buying a car from them, plus their discount wasn't that spectacular compared to what people seem to get from the dealers in GB!

Agnews over here in NI are a disaster, they think they can rip their customers off and get away with it as they are THE only Audi dealers over here unfortunately.

Agnews over here in NI are a disaster, they think they can rip their customers off and get away with it as they are THE only Audi dealers over here unfortunately.

Im not sure they are ripping people off, they have to stick to the pricing structure, but as you say, with them being a sole distributer, you can bet the discounts will be minimal-zero...

I was going to buy the sprint blue demo model agnews had before cristmas but they were asking 27k or thereabouts for it and it had buggar all extras on it!!! i eventually went to Birmingham and got a Phantom Black one for the same price but with alot more toys (dvd sat nav, bose sound system, 6 stack cd, flat bottom steering wheel, privacy glass all round etc).

Steer clear of the Boucher road when buying cars!!!

Maybe worth givin them one last chance to get it at a decent price as Daviscup got a good discount?

If not tell them your buying a from GB **** em!

p

I was going to buy the sprint blue demo model agnews had before cristmas but they were asking 27k or thereabouts for it and it had buggar all extras on it!!! i eventually went to Birmingham and got a Phantom Black one for the same price but with alot more toys (dvd sat nav, bose sound system, 6 stack cd, flat bottom steering wheel, privacy glass all round etc).

Steer clear of the Boucher road when buying cars!!!

I saw that sprint blue demo at Agnews before Xmas, they are so stingy-doesn't surprise me. Some poor sod payed over the odds for it I'm sure. There are so many garages in GB, even buying cars second hand is far better value compared to most of the cars over here in NI, far better selection in GB.