What did you and your 8p do today? :)

Not exactly today, but been quite busy for the past 3 weeks.

Lowered approx 60mm, and surprisingly won't rub or touch the bumps.
Front lights refurbished as they were chipped and had scratches after a failed attempt at refurbishing with a kit.
Rear wiper delete.
Upgraded my rear lights to some Marelli lights. Very similar to MY11s.
Gave her a nice polish.

12000942 10153610652291948 5615293892056369243 o

12031399 10153646561026948 1177262785488397448 o

Reactions: Cambaines, Jake 61 and leshkin
Went for a full service at 82,000 miles, which is quite a scary 20,000 miles in 11 months.
I thought it was running quite well until I took it on the run home.
What a difference and getting rid of the K&N panel filter helped no end.

Fitted a new parking sensor, now on the look out for a new buzzer for it as mine isn't working. Anyone has a spare or is selling one let me know

Fitted my the newer chrome heater vents today. was the easiest diy mod ive done up to date.

So today I completed a few changes to the A3 which is slowly becoming a well packaged car.
Changed the climate control from the original stock a3 unit to the original stock q3 unit, was a direct swap so no effort needed besides pulling the old one out.

2015 09 12 125124 2015 10 08 165504

Also changed all the interior lights to LED's for a much better clear light in the cabin
& Last but not least auto light pack added with the help of ash over at Audi Retrofits

Not exactly today, but been quite busy for the past 3 weeks.

Lowered approx 60mm, and surprisingly won't rub or touch the bumps.
Front lights refurbished as they were chipped and had scratches after a failed attempt at refurbishing with a kit.
Rear wiper delete.
Upgraded my rear lights to some Marelli lights. Very similar to MY11s.
Gave her a nice polish.

View attachment 69849

View attachment 69850

Nice stance mate, what car is yours and what springs are they? Lights look good too

The wheel bolt covers were looking a bit tired so bought some news ones for a tenner from Cardiff Audi on eBay:

6490-1445889617-81a93453c544161bf20f4352f00d68d0.jpg

Donny, thanks mate. It's the A3 8p 2006, 1.9 TDI.

They're on JOM coilovers, probably as low as 60mm or so! Didn't get a proper reading. :)

Other Changes made:

Installed HID Kits (1600k Diamond White) and Sidelights.

Changed grille to black honeycomb.

Before (after HIDs went on):

audihidkit.jpg

After:

audigrille.jpg

Donny, thanks mate. It's the A3 8p 2006, 1.9 TDI.

They're on JOM coilovers, probably as low as 60mm or so! Didn't get a proper reading. :)

Other Changes made:

Installed HID Kits (1600k Diamond White) and Sidelights.

Changed grille to black honeycomb.

Before (after HIDs went on):

audihidkit.jpg

After:

audigrille.jpg

Careful with HIDS mate may spoil your wiper motor..

Good looking car though

Thanks for the heads up Tim. I did hear something about that a while back. Is it just the rear or the front too that may get affected?

Because I don't have to worry about the rear one:

12031399_10153646561026948_1177262785488397448_o-jpg.69850

Thanks for the heads up Tim. I did hear something about that a while back. Is it just the rear or the front too that may get affected?

Because I don't have to worry about the rear one:

12031399_10153646561026948_1177262785488397448_o-jpg.69850

Only front because the HID ballast is closest to the front wiper motor. Rears are prone to breaking mainly from a leaking washer pump. Most de wiper the rear but i prefer keeping it in case it could put a buyer off buying the car in the future..

Gotcha! Well I will keep an eye out. The HIDs are from Xenon Bulbz and are quite reliable so hopefully I won't have to go through that.

As for rears, my car lost the chance of being bought by a 'regular consumer'. If it needs to be sold, the audience would be made up of people that understand these modifications. :D

Gotcha! Well I will keep an eye out. The HIDs are from Xenon Bulbz and are quite reliable so hopefully I won't have to go through that.

As for rears, my car lost the chance of being bought by a 'regular consumer'. If it needs to be sold, the audience would be made up of people that understand these modifications. :D
Yes yes I'll be in same boat hopefully!

Got a bag of led bulbs from Amazon, so changed all the bulbs again so they all match properly, turned out they aren't canbus bulbs so wouldn't work in the boot, so the solution..... Fit another light on the other side which runs off the original, I can finally see inside my boot properly

Got a bag of led bulbs from Amazon, so changed all the bulbs again so they all match properly, turned out they aren't canbus bulbs so wouldn't work in the boot, so the solution..... Fit another light on the other side which runs off the original, I can finally see inside my boot properly
View attachment 71941

Done that on my golf, may do it on my sport back.. Hmmm

Got some new tyres on today to replace crappy mismatched ones that came on the car, they where noisy and made a woowoowoowoo noise at 30 and 80 mph seriously annoying! Anyway got myself some bridgestone potenza S001's theyre awesome, drive silent and the grip is immense! Supposed to be one of the best gripping dry tyre, payed £370 on 225/40/18 would highly recommend them :yes:

Well just wasted an hour of my time replacing the dv on my car. I noticed it was the old 'rev c' model so thought that must be split by now, Bought a new rev g took it out to find it was in perfect condition!

What you mean little soft? I'm interested in reps. :)
they are pretty strong but not as strong as OEM. They have taken a beating and only one rim has lost its seal after 5 years. For 177 USD a piece they are pretty good and cheap to replace

Full service including haldex and spark plugs and also got the revo CAI and audi TTS engine cover fitted, looks amazing and the noise is addictive, if youve not done this mod i cannot recommend enough that you do it!

Reactions: Rob C
Got the back 3 windows tinted, only cost £100 from the same place that does the local Audi dealers cars (though I'm sure if I took it to Audi they'd charge me 4 x as much and get the same guy to do it!)

Windows_Tinted_tonemapped_Custom.jpg

And gave her a wash.