What did you and your 8p do today? :)

Went to Santapod yesterday.... messed up 3 of the 4 launches and struggled getting into 3rd gear when over 5k revs.... grrrr
short shifting seemed to work fine! Great day out though but the times wernt great considering ive had a 12.8 before ;/

Hi Mate

Sorry to say but when I read that my first thought was that sounds like the Loba Clutch problem and then saw your sig so many people have had problems with gear changes it's unreal have a google mate

Yep it's dawned on me too! I have the shim in tho which they have suggested!
I'm hoping it's a slave cylinder or something??
If not its definately that clutch

Reactions: grchmason
I haven't noticed it before but saying that I haven't thrashed my car like that before

Reactions: grchmason
Hi Mate

Yep only rears it's head on fast high rev gear changes a lot of people have been in contact with Loba but from what I can work out they are dismissing it.... I'm lucky to see all the problems and went Sach's and DMF instead and safe to say is flawless at any revs or speed!

Maybe take it up with who fitted it supplied etc but your not the first this weekend at Pod in a s3 with same clutch and same problem

Hope you get it sorted mate!

Besides the starter motor,the car has had a few presents over the last 2 weeks.

A rear brake kit arrived first....

FB4CE12B-FE47-4561-8B75-AFAAB4A10762_zpspveqoz4p.jpg

And then the VWR front kit gave up and got replaced with this....

7F99499F-85A4-4F51-8F5D-280B6BD88BBE_zps2oztgq92.jpg

Reactions: S. and Dt_racing
Today I...

Pulled out my air install, tidied it up a little, thought about redesigning it, put anti-vibration mounts on the compressor, emptied water out of the tank, then put it all back together again.

Fixed number plate light. Cleaned engine bay.

Think that was it for today. Took me a while.

Reactions: Veedubnoodle
[24th July]

Visited Crewe Audi to chop in the A3 BE for an A6 BE.

Def. sad to see it go, but the A6 is quite something and a tad more family friendly. Hoping my A3 will got on to someone who will look after it like I did and maybe see it pop up here again too! :racer:

Reactions: Compkiler
Besides the starter motor,the car has had a few presents over the last 2 weeks.

A rear brake kit arrived first....

FB4CE12B-FE47-4561-8B75-AFAAB4A10762_zpspveqoz4p.jpg

And then the VWR front kit gave up and got replaced with this....

7F99499F-85A4-4F51-8F5D-280B6BD88BBE_zps2oztgq92.jpg

With a car as fast as yours, how does dirt and rust even have a chance to stick? BTW, brake kit seriously approved!

Reactions: S3Alex

Today i refurbed my retaining clips

Reactions: Jake 61
With a car as fast as yours, how does dirt and rust even have a chance to stick? BTW, brake kit seriously approved!

Rust?

You mean that nasty old set of brakes,and the wheel nuts...?
Wheel nuts are on and off like a ...OK.... best leave that old joke.

I'm still working on it's next present.

Today i just finished detailing the car after 2 days work :yahoo:

20150729 111307   1

Reactions: Hoesty, chrisyegan and Jake 61
Spent 4 hours cleaning then waxing the exterior. Looks good though after a coat of Autoglym high definition wax.
IMG 20150802 155348

IMG 20150802 155248

Reactions: Compkiler, Jake 61 and slinemfc
New wheels have arrived and Tyres have been ordered... Roll on fitment this week coming!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: TimWills28
Bar-tek is about €799 for an complete kit included new oil filter housing and adapter
..everything you need is in the kit
.Then you have to do som simple drilljobs to fit 2 screws

Just put two Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on the front of my A3 Sportback. Will report back in a few weeks with how they are going.

I shouted at my car as the DPF light came on. (no DPF fitted)
My car just laughed at the thought of taking more of my money.

I raised the coilovers around 12mm on the fromt and a little more on the rear. I felt very grown up riding a car that had been altered for comfort and handling over drop and stance.

Wash, detail and polish. Only for the rain to start with the rear quarter to finish. Damn Irish weather

Uploadfromtaptalk1440688076011

Had them today.
Sun came back out. Waited an hour to be sure. Dried the car again. Done the wheels. Went to finish rear quarter and hey pesto rain. I give up.....

Today (Well yesterday)me and the old girl visited bcs and I treated her to this bad boy ,full tb powervalve ,black ceramic tips full down pipe heat wrap and power flex dog bone mount,
The service was superb and the noise is even better :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: leshkin
no pictures as yet , but tomorrow i have my coilovers going on , some porsche twists going on for some nice poke with the adapters then some new philips white vision head light and main beam bulbs going in , i thorough clean while im at it.

got round to doing my car at the weekend , sat all the way down on all corners of the coilovers , still pretty high for my liking , still using standard drop links front and back and no scrubbing rubbing or nasty noises (all round win as i have a kid to drive about ).
2 hours after fitting the new shoes , i get cut up by a taxi on a small 2 lane roundabout and was faced with losing the front of my car or hitting and mounting the curb , so of course i chose the curb and its left the wheel with a horrible scuff. :sign unfair:

With a brief spell of sunshine, I got around to doing mine today. Had the grill already dipped off the car as it needed replacing due a small bump a while back. Took around two hours to swap over. I personally think I need a few more coats of plastic dip to finish it off but I can that on the car now its fitted. Pretty happy with it.

Offering up the new grill. Was an absolute bitch to get the old one off and this one was equally as awkward to line up. Went on in the end with some persuasion.

Mine drove me to work then it sat around while I worked my backside off.

Now it wants a decent bath and wax.

If I could swap lives.....