What did you and your 8p do today? :)

Just finished a 94mile drive back to London from the new forest, saw a handful of R8s down there and BMW i8 and loads of horses just glad I'm home now ready for the stress of work tomorrow

After having new pads and discs fitted to the front and a major service including rear and front washer replaced and a Haldex oil change the car has been dropped off today for a lengthy spa treatment.

Losing the car for three days while the paintwork is corrected and polished as well as a big interior scrub and gtechniq c1 and EXO so she's all ready for the summer.

So with no car and now no money I'll just wait in for my car.

Reactions: TomL83
Mine has been at my credit card again....

I fitted rear discs and pads and new aux drive belt yesterday :)

Reactions: S3Alex
I've treated her to a proper interior clean and general spruce up as she's up for sale.

Fix one annoyance and another rears it's ugly head! Broke the latch on my Armrest today. :(

Today I have lost most the skin on my hands and fitted some new 6k Xenon bulbs. Mainly as one had developed a flickr which has now been sorted. Also got rid of the orange repeaters for some silvervisions.

20150612_121244 by Tom White, on Flickr

Looks much better but never again do I want to do that.

Reactions: Jake 61 and Compkiler
Today I have lost most the skin on my hands and fitted some new 6k Xenon bulbs. Mainly as one had developed a flickr which has now been sorted. Also got rid of the orange repeaters for some silvervisions.
Looks much better but never again do I want to do that.

Was it the bulbs giving you the flickering problem...?
I'm getting the same and it's becoming more frequent. Usually, switching the lights off sorts it out but I'd rather fix it properly.

Was it the bulbs giving you the flickering problem...?
I'm getting the same and it's becoming more frequent. Usually, switching the lights off sorts it out but I'd rather fix it properly.

Yes matey. One was fine but the n/s would flicker but as you say switching the lights on and off would fix it. I read in to it and many said it was the bulbs. Sure has fixed mine. FYI they are a d1s bulb.

Reactions: Jake 61
Yes matey. One was fine but the n/s would flicker but as you say switching the lights on and off would fix it. I read in to it and many said it was the bulbs. Sure has fixed mine. FYI they are a d1s bulb.
Thanks mate, all sounds very similar, nearside flickering and offside ok.
Bumper needs to come off for re-lacquering and a new grille, so I might as well save the hands when I'm at it.

:salute:

She was a little dirty after a day of hoonage on Saturday, so I gave her a clean and finally fitted the roof bars+bike carrier in preparation for some MTB action next week.

20150614 182943 HDR

Reactions: TomL83, S3-8p-Dan, Compkiler and 3 others
Thanks mate, all sounds very similar, nearside flickering and offside ok.
Bumper needs to come off for re-lacquering and a new grille, so I might as well save the hands when I'm at it.

:salute:
I would as going through the arch means you lose a lot of skin from you hands..lol

I put the standard BBS Speedlines back on and gave it a good wash. Almost ready to sell now :(

I've sent my Caleras off to be refurbed

can someone confirm that caleras are shockingly rare so I can guage a possible value? only out of curiosity

At the risk of sounding thick - what is a Calera :wtf:

In any case, wrong thread to ask questions - you should really start a dedicated one.

2430rv5.jpg

I didn't know either, so I used everyone's friend, Google.
Saw a few hole in the ground pictures before this came up though...:smile new:

Car got new 18 " alloy wheels fitted.

Reactions: chrisyegan
My one went for it's MOT and passed with no advisories...!
First time I have ever had an MOT with no advisories.
:rockwoot:

Reactions: Compkiler, S3 AEX and chrisyegan
Today mine took me to the gym for a relax in steam room an swim, then for a round of 9 hole golf with the lads.. An on the way home I made some dummy in his vxr look very silly when he decided to try an stick to my bumper

Reactions: Compkiler, s3_trev, chrisyegan and 2 others
Had new rear disks and pads fitted at my local garage today after unsuccessfully trying to get the rear brake caliper carriers off myself. Brakes feel great now and ready for a 700mile trip around Wales next weekend with a few friends. Hopefully the weather stays nice, otherwise they will cancel again. Damn RWD drivers :)

Reactions: S3 AEX
We had an MOT (local council depot) and passed with an advisory on front shoes. Examiner commented that it was very tidy! :racer:

FullSizeRender 2

Reactions: S3 AEX
Not today really, more yesterday but I ran out of time and took solace in a bottle of Malt...!

Went from this, (excuse the bird muck)...
20150617 160809   Copy

To this.....
20150626 160200

Started to pi** down, so it was abandoned in favour of the bottle of Malt.
And finished this morning.
20150627 111324

There are one or two things I want to change, the rings holder and the height of the number plate.
But for £120, I think this is a nice enough grille.

Got it here;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331571243...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=331571243175&_rdc=1

Very happy and he didn't charge me more postage for being a mad Highlander....
yes.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Compkiler and TomSx
Had all four tyres replaced today.
Continental sport contact 5 Audi original 225 40 R18 Y speed rating 92 extra Load. £370.00 all in (quite happy with that price):racer:

She was a little dirty after a day of hoonage on Saturday, so I gave her a clean and finally fitted the roof bars+bike carrier in preparation for some MTB action next week.

View attachment 60981

I wish my sport back looked like this. What alloys are they? They really suit the car. Is it lowered?

Reactions: leshkin
I wish my sport back looked like this. What alloys are they? They really suit the car. Is it lowered?
Thanks! Yes the car is lowered on ST X Coilover kit (not maxed out). The wheels are standard S3 alloys, I think. Most people ditch them, but I like how they look :)

Had a new windscreen fitted as a flippin great stone fell out the back of a truck on my way back from North Wales and cracked clean across it.... Could have been worse it could have hit my bodywork.

Had a new windscreen fitted as a flippin great stone fell out the back of a truck on my way back from North Wales and cracked clean across it.... Could have been worse it could have hit my bodywork.

At least you will have a nice clean windscreen (for a while at least):racer:

Technically this was yesterday, but I played chicken with a pheasant while on a little road trip to Wales - the pheasant lost!

Went to Santapod yesterday.... messed up 3 of the 4 launches and struggled getting into 3rd gear when over 5k revs.... grrrr
short shifting seemed to work fine! Great day out though but the times wernt great considering ive had a 12.8 before ;/

Reactions: Jake 61 and grchmason
New front fitted ,included grill.
The fogs are not installed at the pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436075473729551

At this rate I'm going to have to mangle a honeycomb grill onto my non-facelift S3.

I'm sure I'll do an average job, the honeycomb looks so good compared to stock...