What detailing spray do you use whilst towel drying your car or don't you use one

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Yeah as the title says what detailing spray do you use, l used to always use Macguirers ultimate detailing spray as it seemed pretty light on the silicone content, then tried Dodo Juice Future armor Nano Sealant but that could leave certain missed areas with your towel looking very streaky and they where a ****** to remove but gives stunning results on a dry car, lve got some done and dusted but again l don't think it's recommended to use this on a wet car.....?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yeah as the title says what detailing spray do you use, l used to always use Macguirers ultimate detailing spray as it seemed pretty light on the silicone content, then tried Dodo Juice Future armor Nano Sealant but that could leave certain missed areas with your towel looking very streaky and they where a ****** to remove but gives stunning results on a dry car, lve got some done and dusted but again l don't think it's recommended to use this on a wet car.....?
Don't use one to dry, but apply either Meguairs detailing spray or Mr Seal afterwards.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

I never use anything to dry the car other than my Uber premium drying towel. I wax the car x2 yearly and usually there is very little water on the car anyway.
as for your sealant spray would use this on dry panels, I rarely use af finale as a little top up but I usually use nothing and minimise the amount of contact I make with the car.

My thoughts were using a detailing spray will give less resistance when using the drying towel over the paint, it also helps the towel absorb more standing water and also gives a better drying finish without adding another product,yeah the dodo juice Nano Sealant is best applied on dry paint but it did say it can be used on both..... I use the best drying towels available but a detailing spray does speed up the drying process a lot quicker than without one

I use carpro ech2o currently, have used megs last touch previously which had a nice smell.

Reactions: Jassyo06
When the car is wet I spray a mist of Gyeon wet coat on and then rinse the car by jetwashing upwards and moving the wet coat all round the car.

As for a QD I use Nanolex final finish.

I do this with alternate washes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use Dodo juice Red mist. Adds a bit of bling after the car has been dried, love it.

I gave up towel drying last year, bought a water filter for final rinse, they’re brillliant

Reactions: scotty76
@jassyo06 - What you've got to remember mate is that whatever product you use on a wet car it will dilute it somewhat
For a bit better protection I would use, on a wet car, products like Gyeon Cure, CarPro Reload & Infinity Wax QDx
You can use your Bouncers Done & Dusted but you may not get the full effect of it on a wet car IMO

For the VFM approach on a wet car I would have a crack with Sonax BSD

Best bet it to dry it me thinks. After a full wash I drive my car(s) to the end of the cul de sac & back before I dry them off. This way its gets rid of quite a bit of the water before I dry off

For drying the car I use Prestige Car Care's Big Yellow MF
https://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/products/prestige-car-cares-legendary-big-yellow

'Tis a great bit of kit & you will not get any lint of this MF

I have a Feck's Philosophy Professor Plush Drying Towel & alth'its good its not as good as the Big Yellow which I always default to
https://www.justcarcare.co.uk/colle...fessor-plush-drying-towel?variant=38106931530

Cheap and cheeful but works on dry or wet cars. You can also mix and dilute other products in with it to achieve more longer lasting protection. But this stuff leaves a high gloss,, makes the water bead after washing although offers little protection.

6B65D66E C38A 4FAE 8DA8 885A25789DB4

Just like @Bristle Hound I also love Carpro Reload. Although its pretty expensive.

E08F20E4 7AB5 4EC4 8DD3 AFE4AFE89D80

I'm currently using Gyeon Cure diluted 50/50 with water applied to a wet car. Gives good slickness and restores the beading back up to 11. :D I was using Reload but it is prone to streaking on black so I ditched it. Odd as it looks identical to Cure.

On my wife's car I tend to use Britemax Spray and Shine again applied to a wet car. Works well.

Part of this is my lazy man/ time poor detailing routine. I'm adding a touch of protection each time without extra effort.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and jungle650
Recently I been using either wet coat or Angelwax engima qed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76 and Jassyo06
How do you find the Enigma? I fancy trying it.

I really like it think it adds bit of protection with the ceramic in it and nice gloss expensive but worth it I don’t have the engima shampoo or wax though give it a try see how you get on

Reactions: scotty76
I'm currently using Gyeon Cure diluted 50/50 with water applied to a wet car. Gives good slickness and restores the beading back up to 11. :D I was using Reload but it is prone to streaking on black so I ditched it. Odd as it looks identical to Cure.

On my wife's car I tend to use Britemax Spray and Shine again applied to a wet car. Works well.

Part of this is my lazy man/ time poor detailing routine. I'm adding a touch of protection each time without extra effort.

I think lve used Gyeon cure before over my gtechniq ceramic coating similar to C2v3??? that was gorgeous stuff, but at the time l was using ultimute finish and they binned all Gyeon products....they said they were gash and not a good seller, which l didnt believe for a minute as it was better than C2v3,the worst quick detailer l have ever used was Gtechniqs......

Reactions: Audib5fan and scotty76
I really like it think it adds bit of protection with the ceramic in it and nice gloss expensive but worth it I don’t have the engima shampoo or wax though give it a try see how you get on

Going to try there Shampoo tomorrow mate and see how it compares to my mandatory Gtechniq shampoo,Angelwax car shampoo is cheap in comparison Gtechniqs

Seen this mate looks the dogs from its reviews

You ever tried sonax bsd that’s quite popular I seen, i been impressed with all products I have bought from angelwax

You ever tried sonax bsd that’s quite popular I seen, i been impressed with all products I have bought from angelwax

John from forensic detailing rated it.....but rates the Bouncers as numero uno

Reactions: Audib5fan
Going to try there Shampoo tomorrow mate and see how it compares to my mandatory Gtechniq shampoo,Angelwax car shampoo is cheap in comparison Gtechniqs

They do two shampoos an engima shampoo and the one you got, Be intresting to see the difference as like you say there is a price difference

They do two shampoos an engima shampoo and the one you got, Be intresting to see the difference as like you say there is a price difference

Ah right the Enigma shampoo has Silicon dioxide in it.....????

I use bouncers done and dusted can't recommend it highly enough.

I use bouncers done and dusted can't recommend it highly enough.
Got that mate but due to the bad weather of late l haven't had the opportunity to use it so hopefully today the weather is nice so fingers crossed l can try it out

https://angelwax.co.uk/product/enigma-ceramic-infused-shampoo-3/ not sure bud I haven’t got it as I already got 3 shampoos most recently two chemical guys I think it’s more for cars with ceramic coating
Right l know this type of product, it's along the same lines as all these silicone dioxide based products Fireball easy coat, Fireball active snow foam etc etc but it's shampoo based, they're all great for paintwork but you do need to clean it off the cars glass work, as it leaves a residue on the glass even after a towel dry, it's very noticeable on privacy glass

Reactions: Audib5fan

Ah right Yeah similar to the others I think I will give it a miss seems like hard work getting off glass

After drying I apply some Angelwax QED 500ml Quick Exterior Detailer. Very good for a quick effect for this time of year or when you are short on time,

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
@jassyo06 - Bouncers D&D is good, but I would rate it as No.1 TBH
IMHO ODK Entourage is better
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=371431

Certainly is subjective this Detailing malarchy lol
Yeah it is...... Lol

I tell you what l do rate it gets a 10/10 for gloss and beading is Dodo Juice Futor Armor, it's a silicone based Sealant, it lasts as well but only a dry car, l think it's better suited to solid colours or metallic black paints, but you do need to take your time applying it, a 3 cloth job

Reactions: Audib5fan and Bristle Hound