What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

I've ordered a few things from Carchem after seeing Adam14's post. First time with them but worth a go at those prices. Shampoo, glass cleaner, tyre gel applicator and a couple of other things that I can't remember to take it to £26
My thoughts exactly, only seen decent reviews.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and SaraS3
Postman Pat turned up this morning and delivered the below goodies. A3 and BMW have not been washed since middle of September , so it is time to give both a good clean.

458857A3 FD07 4DF6 BF19 8BF809B815B9

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4, Bristle Hound, Adam14 and 2 others
Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Finally bit the bullet, das 6 pro plus legs kit...some Gyeon prep, Collinite 845. Mix of pads...orange,white and black....and some detail brushes....

Bit nervous to start but looking forward to getting stuck in....might just start on the passenger door for a tester.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Anyone heard of and/or bought any of Duel Autocare products?
I got few bits from them recently but not sure if expexted results have been acheived after using them.
908ac5b86d8f0a006a89d0d05fe1464d.jpg
6a1d40d9f38f90067339e19005e63677.jpg
4f3780b0cbf74dfd474c0b399814a60d.jpg
3bc64ba43270474f1292b697d1c99fee.jpg
6c33291b803d59ce8e7c8fa2cbedfef1.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, A4A4, THQuattro and 1 other person
I just got a couple bits from ez car care or whatever they are - 5l wheel cleaner and 5l wheel sealant. I did get an engine bay kit as well which had softer brushes etc. No idea how good it will be and haven't tested it yet but wheel cleaner I seem to go through quickly so 5l should see me for a while. Also the sealant should hopefully help remove the brake dust and grime with just the pressure washer. We shall see.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Having a clear out out general stuff!

Make me an offer + Pay for the postage and they can be yours...

KochChemie FSE, new 1l bottle
Gtechniq Liquid Crystal V3, half full
NoRinse wash & Shine, 3/4 full
Carpro hydro2 lite, new bottle
Carpro Ech20, 3/4 full
Carpro Reload, half full 1l bottle
Meguiars Last touch detailer, half a gallon bottle
Chemical Guys leather scent, new bottle
Magic clay mitt? dont know what brand?
Mothers Mag & Alu polish
Gyeon Cure, 100ml bottle
Chemical guys Morning Wood scent
Half a gallon of micro restore, microfiber detergent concentrate.

Wheel Whoolies 3 brush set, hardly used.
Microfiber madness Incredibrush (flat) seen little use.
EZdetail GO brush, new
1x AutoFinesse hog hair detailing brush, new.
Adams car wash pad, new

Could be more to be listed yet.

Reactions: Andy F, Bristle Hound, Adam14 and 1 other person
Anybody got any thoughts on the - wash leather v's microfiber cloth debate???

I have just bought a 'Hustler' from Autobrite and am wondering if I have been taken for a ride!!!!

They don't even sell wash leathers, real or synthetic any more

Just ordered a Sealey DA149 polishing machine as I find that my new (to me) Black S3 is covered with washing marks and scratches now I have it under my garage LED lighting, As a lockdown project I plan to use the 3M Finesse-it system which I have partially used by hand before, anyone got any hints and tips? I have ordered the following 3M pads, a Green pad, a yellow pad and a black pad and plan to use them in that order with the corresponding compounds, does any one understand the colour code used for the pads as they all seem to be different. (I know the latest 3 M system is colour coded by the container caps but mine aren't)
Final wax will be Zymol applied by hand as this is what I have always used, again any thoughts will be gratefully received.

Just some repeat buys here.

Supernatural leather cleaner
Green hex logic polishing pad
Decent Wash mitt

Apart from the 3 pack of 1200gsm drying towels.

IMG 20210103 113812

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo (500ml) - On offer at Amazon Uk at the mo
Was one of the 1st car shampoo's I used when I started the doing the whole car detailing malarchy seriously 12 years ago

Reactions: SPIKE_
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Coated the windows again with gtechniq g1 g2, the best coating I've used. Lasts a good 18months and you can quite easily get 2/3 applications out of it on a 5dr hatchback.
IMG 20210214 WA0003

Reactions: Jassyo06
After checking my usual places I get my supplies couldn’t find any that had both BH Snow foam and Shampoo in stock for same order.

This company https://www.iodetail.com popped up and true to their word delivery next day – ordered yesterday afternoon and delivered this morning.
All double bagged and even wife was pleased as it came with a wee gift from her child hood so no more long faces when DPD arrives :)

They too are out of certain stock ( must be convid related ) but had what I needed – orders over £30 free next day delivery so better than most for small orders.

Maybe worth a flick through their site or if local to Essex their shop when allowed, which look like a big boys sweetie shop.

Thumbnail
123946652 4696627467045289 8578374175972283683 o
Screen Shot 2021 02 19 at 110042

Last edited:
Reactions: rasA4, Jassyo06 and DW81
After checking my usual places I get my supplies couldn’t find any that had both BH Snow foam and Shampoo in stock for same order.

This company https://www.iodetail.com popped up and true to their word delivery next day – ordered yesterday afternoon and delivered this morning.
All double bagged and even wife was pleased as it came with a wee gift from her child hood so no more long faces when DPD arrives :)

They too are out of certain stock ( must be convid related ) but had what I needed – orders over £30 free next day delivery so better than most for small orders.

Maybe worth a flick through their site or if local to Essex their shop when allowed, which look like a big boys sweetie shop.

View attachment 215880 View attachment 215881View attachment 215882

That's a great find and only up the road from me, thanks for sharing

Reactions: Neil Woodburn

View attachment 215880 View attachment 215881View attachment 215882
I have used Iodetail quite a few times now, delivery and service has always been spot on. Prices are very reasonable too.

Reactions: DW81 and Neil Woodburn
I’m looking for a new wheel brush to get into the twin spoke diamond cut wheels I’m struggling to use the wheel whoolies even with the smallest one
Any recommendations please?

8388998A 7D9F 4786 89D1 153D737941F0

I’m looking for a new wheel brush to get into the twin spoke diamond cut wheels I’m struggling to use the wheel whoolies even with the smallest one

View attachment 216275

I use a 'Monkey Mitt' to clean between the spokes. Useful for those areas.

Now only £3.06

Upload 2021 2 28 13 57 40

Reactions: THQuattro and rasA4

View attachment 216275

TOOGOO(R) Car Wash Brush Flexible 16 inch Long Superfine Fiber Alloy Wheel Cleaner Amazon product

I have something similar to this. Inside is like a leather/plastic flexible material with a micro fibre mitt like cover. It’s soft and flexible enough to ram in between spokes and small crevices and good for cleaning the barrels.
I use it to clean my winter wheels which is a big pain to clean. The middle holes are tiny.
Upload 2021 2 28 14 23 39

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and rasA4
Was given a bottle of autobrite butter wax today, got to say lovely wet look and nice to apply and buff.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Was given a bottle of autobrite butter wax today, got to say lovely wet look and nice to apply and buff.

Won't last a week mate first wash its gone its a show wax easy on easily removed

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Bought another flex machine polisher am skint lol

Reactions: SPIKE_
Just got the angel wax vision and I have to say I’m really happy with it. Cleans well to a streak free shine and pretty effortless.

Driving my wee mums Daytona Grey A1 for the time being so going to treat it to this over the weekend My own car is sat in the driveway waiting on it getting picked up by its new owner, it sitting there like a ornament is beginning to annoy conservatoryis full of new detailing gear and TT Psrts lol
e2db33656a2e28040f7bd85f1f5b978b.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, daytonamart, A4A4 and 2 others
Just ordered thr new turtlewax 75th anniversary wax.

Gotta love/HATE diamond cut alloys (note the intentional lower/upper case). They look great, but they don't half need some looking after - and it's not just the curb rash you need to look out for, it's the stone chips that'll get you in the end. I have never curbed an alloy (and never will, unless by some unfortunate circumstance I meet a an AMG G-Wagon coming at me, hot, on a narrow country lane, lol).

You can be as careful as you like, but a wee little stone chip that penetrates the laquer on diamond cut wheel can and will (from miserable experience), turn into a white-worm nightmare.

So, VERY glad I spotted this as the weekend - a tiny little stone chip that has taken the laquer off the polished metal facing of the wheel (ignore the discs, that's just post wash surface oxidisation).

Wheel post

I've caught it early, so a little bit of this (£6.99 off Amazon)...

IMG 2626

...will hopefully seal the wheel and prevent this...

Corrosion3

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
Driving my wee mums Daytona Grey A1 for the time being so going to treat it to this over the weekend My own car is sat in the driveway waiting on it getting picked up by its new owner, it sitting there like a ornament is beginning to annoy conservatoryis full of new detailing gear and TT Psrts lol
e2db33656a2e28040f7bd85f1f5b978b.jpg

Hey pal, long time - what's this then? The Voodoo Doll's off yer hands? What's next pal - reckon you're losing a couple of doors? You haven't gone Porker Cayman have you (in a good way - 718 Cayman T in Miami blue would suit you all day long) Or fancy TT with exclusive paint/all the options? You'll have to excuse me, I've been absent for a while and still catching up mate. Looking forward to seeing the new ride, I'm sure it will be special.

Good on you for giving your Ma's A1 a bit of TLC. Top Son points there - enjoy working with/hope you enjoyed working with Daytona Grey Pearl - it's a very nice Audi paint (I am, of course, biased)...

Hey pal, long time - what's this then? The Voodoo Doll's off yer hands? What's next pal - reckon you're losing a couple of doors? You haven't gone Porker Cayman have you (in a good way - 718 Cayman T in Miami blue would suit you all day long) Or fancy TT with exclusive paint/all the options? You'll have to excuse me, I've been absent for a while and still catching up mate. Looking forward to seeing the new ride, I'm sure it will be special.

Good on you for giving your Ma's A1 a bit of TLC. Top Son points there - enjoy working with/hope you enjoyed working with Daytona Grey Pearl - it's a very nice Audi paint (I am, of course, biased)...
Losing doors is not a great loss for me mate the TTS will actually be more practical for me than the S3 was ....boot shape and size wasn't the best
597d4457482f31bd4e74209cdc3775f4.jpg
91ea635591a15c491633d1dae94561ad.jpg
307f613e3b03dab03576d27da1dde0e6.jpg

Reactions: rasA4, Jcbmally, THQuattro and 2 others
I have used Iodetail quite a few times now, delivery and service has always been spot on. Prices are very reasonable too.

Thought I give them a try after seeing this and can can only echo the above - service is fantastic (had a couple of queries which were answered immediately).

ordered late Friday package arrived first thing Monday via DPD, free P&P for orders over £30 and prices are competitive too.

Reactions: Adam14
Just brought one of these, to put into my drill. I ordered a new grill and it came scuffed up. So going to try and polish out the scuffs. The grill is gloss black plastic.
Can anyone only recommend the correct type of polish to use on it. I’ve got some AG super resin polish already would that be ok to use?

ed874c325185cf57c1579d2300a4c958.jpg

759bd001e6eaca548ad4b485cf2f71ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought some Gtechniq C4 and W5 to clean and treat the external plastic trims on my Macan.....just need some better weather to use them

Bought a load of **** Gyeon pads "NO FLEX PADS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE"Gyeon shampoo,Purestar drying towels,Microfiber madness wheel mitt and replacement mitt,leather brush plus a lot....more still on the fence to ceramic or not....will ceramic coat the TTRS rear wing before l fit it and see how that goes before deciding

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jcbmally