What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Didn't have a tire shine brush, had another brush that turns out to be upholstery brush...oops

Have now ordered a tuff shine, along with a few other things (have wanted the Hoze Eez things for awhile, means Power Washer hose not getting caught under tyres :):

Sorry @jassyo06 just cannot bring myself to buy another AG product at the moment.

View attachment 178120
Fair Doos ya name dropping bawbag lol it was me who put it out about the Gyeon tyre dressing in the first place, since then it's been beaten, by Tac systems which has now been beaten by The new Autoglym high performance tyre gel there's always a bigger FISH as they saying goes

Reactions: NevMan
Fair Doos ya name dropping bawbag lol it was me who put it out about the Gyeon tyre dressing in the first place, since then it's been beaten, by Tac systems which has now been beaten by The new Autoglym high performance tyre gel there's always a bigger FISH as they saying goes

Haha, most of your posts do make me laugh mate, you do have a ways with words...bawbag .

Ah was it now, I could never get my hands on the bl@@dy tac systems. That said, Gyeon products are always pretty good, so I am sure it will do a job along with the collection

Reactions: Jassyo06
Haha, most of your posts do make me laugh mate, you do have a ways with words...bawbag .

Ah was it now, I could never get my hands on the bl@@dy tac systems. That said, Gyeon products are always pretty good, so I am sure it will do a job along with the collection
Boot Polish is better than Megs . .. Lol

Didn't have a tire shine brush, had another brush that turns out to be upholstery brush...oops

Have now ordered a tuff shine, along with a few other things (have wanted the Hoze Eez things for awhile, means Power Washer hose not getting caught under tyres :):

The Tuff Shine tyre brush is top mate - £4 well spent. Been looking at those Hoze Eez things myself - report back please, might get some to avoid that 'Doh' moment when the hose gets wedged under the tyre as I'm working around the car. Lol.

I ordered this for replacement resin, and as I said, have only refilled once since May 2018

Nice one - that's literally half the price of the equivalent Raceglaze refill :thumbs up:

That is fair enough, I will be the 1st to say whether the tyre cleaner was worthwhile or not. The brush is needed anyway, and wanted to try this Q2M dressing for awhile...I still have 1.5 bottles of megs, but works great on the Pirelli's on the JCW, but not so much on my MASSIVE side-walled Q5 Contis.

And @Jimbob76 sold it with this pic:

f0fe762b-33bb-4610-9907-b62c4b2a9640-jpeg.178072

Haha - nice one. It's good stuff. The thinking man's alternative to glossy wet look tyre dressing. Liking the 'reflection' on my rear bumper in this pic - not liking the corroding wheel hubs - on my list to sort out!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Hopefully the blue Hex Logic pad ain't for use with the 3800 as they're as soft as baby poo

Reactions: Janice_3S3 and NevMan
Ran out of my Prewash. So thought l would try something else to put in the pump sprayer.

5l Bilt hamber auto foam arrived today £20.95 included the postage from opie oils.

IMG 20190320 082425

What dilution ratio are people using with this snow foam in 5l pump sprayers?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Ran out of my Prewash. So thought l would try something else to put in the pump sprayer.

5l Bilt hamber auto foam arrived today £20.95 included the postage from opie oils.

View attachment 178199

Bilt Hamber suggest 4% but I understand you can go up to about 8% before stripping wax. If you use warm water this improves its effectiveness

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Janice_3S3, A4A4 and NevMan

View attachment 178199

@A4A4 - Look foreword to hearing your thoughts on the BH thro a pump sprayer
When my current VP CPW runs out I'm going to try either this or Koch Chemie Greenstar
I again used yesterday AW Cleanliness & still don't find it any better than VP CPW. I'm not saying its a bad product its no better than VP CPW IMHO. So why, for me, buy a more expensive product

Reactions: A4A4, NevMan and Taxboy
@A4A4 - Look foreword to hearing your thoughts on the BH thro a pump sprayer
When my current VP CPW runs out I'm going to try either this or Koch Chemie Greenstar
I again used yesterday AW Cleanliness & still don't find it any better than VP CPW. I'm not saying its a bad product its no better than VP CPW IMHO. So why, for me, buy a more expensive product
The one thing I can say is if you do get on with it it is very economical used via a pump sprayer.

I have to say I find the big snow foaming thing through a lance a bit theatrical and would rather go with the pump sprayer method to apply a pre wash. Others may have a different view on this.

I also think that some people have an expectation of a touch less wash if you use a pre cleaner (I use this term in its widest form to include snow foams). I've always found these products to be most effective at softening the dirt and grime to make the physical wash process easier. It may be that I let my car get too dirty or my LSP has degraded but I've not managed a touch less wash

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: A4A4 and Bristle Hound
Made a fairly large order today, ready to tackle the S5 this weekend and get it looking proper. Second drying towel as my dad has taken to using my stuff so isn't clean/ready for when I'm using it haha! Giving AngelWax cleanliness a first attempt, as well as finally getting a tyre cleaning brush to get them treated :)

Attachments

• Car Cleaning.PNG
    Car Cleaning.PNG
    78.3 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Jassyo06, Janice_3S3 and Bristle Hound

View attachment 178199

From memory I use 100ml in the pump sprayer and then top up with warm/hot water to 2 litres, that's more than enough to cover the car! Let it sit for 5 mins and jet wash off. That works out at a 5% pir.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, A4A4 and Adam14
Tried BH auto foam today with the pump sprayer. Filled up to 5 litres with around 250ml of auto foam.

Found that 2.5 litres of this was enough to go around and coat the car, break down and losen the dirt.

Left to dwell and rinsed off. Noticed it reacted well with the rinse. The results are very good, leaving the paintwork mostly clear of grime and prepped for the next stage.

It's looking good value for the money also. Even if I could get it about 50p cheaper from in2detailing. Lol

Always been a fan of BH products and deserves a place on my detailing shelf hall of fame.

IMG 20190320 082756

Reactions: S32B, NevMan, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Some new kit to make the process a bit more enjoyable :yes:

F5EDD3F2 C1A4 46DD 9D97 472F05F6D2B9

New buckets, each with double grit guards (probably overkill, but prevention is better than cure). Took great pleasure in chucking the old scratch guards (with legs that fell off every time you took ‘em out the bucket) in the recycling box - god those things were annoying. Also Incrediflair wheel mitt, Colourlock leather protector to feed the leather and the main event - Raceglaze de-ionised water filter.

Have to say the Raceglaze is a great bit of kit. Yes there is the initial outlay to consider, but using this for the final rinse, in my VERY hard water area, made the finishing off process so much more relaxed and enjoyable. I expected to have to detail a few water marks after using this, but the car dried as clean as a whistle - not a single water spot. Not one. I’m now questioning whether I even need to get the Flex blower after all. HIGHLY recommend :thumbs up: Tomorrow the Mrs’ motor gets washed, rinsed, then just walk away and let it air dry.

8304FD61 D338 4B4B 9EDD 494A9A13CB22

The Incrediflair wheel mitt, with thumb, makes cleaning the back of the spokes a doddle. Is it an essential buy? No - a £1 sponge from Halfords will do the job just as well - but it is a very nice quality mitt.

Haven’t used the Colourlock leather protector yet. Got this as the car is now 2 years old, and I want to make sure the leather stays supple and doesn’t crack. I have rotor grey leather - so needs a bit more care and attention than black to keep looking good. Cleaned the leather today with Valet Pro leather soap, so the protector will go on tomorrow.

90751DDF 44B1 4C21 89FE 379DB0846F25

After the wash, a quick once over with Done & Dusted. Such a good quick detailer - deep, wet look gloss, slick finish, smells great, so easy to apply and a little goes a v. long way. But you all know that anyway. Haven’t found a better QD, yet. It’s a fantastic product. I’m done with paste waxes this year - no point when you can get this finish in 15 mins.

Very happy with the car at the moment - the thorough post winter deep clean the other week, along with using the Raceglaze today and finishing with D&D had her looking like she just rolled out the factory in no time. The sun even came out a bit later on :yahoo:

279249B6 2547 4818 B037 11D002FCBBD5

234C66F2 0899 440C B811 FC4BFE279596

Nice tips.

E9FA02F8 8C28 4E40 AEA9 60E84FA0F42E

Apologies for surface rust on brake discs - really must learn to drive round the block before taking photos!

49D3E279 3BCF 4442 B5E4 162F2B7638E4

949289F7 D100 4DD1 AE31 24C941A393BA

Reactions: Dunedin, Jassyo06, NevMan and 3 others
Tried BH auto foam today with the pump sprayer. Filled up to 5 litres with around 250ml of auto foam.

Found that 2.5 litres of this was enough to go around and coat the car, break down and losen the dirt.

Left to dwell and rinsed off. Noticed it reacted well with the rinse. The results are very good, leaving the paintwork mostly clear of grime and prepped for the next stage.

It's looking good value for the money also. Even if I could get it about 50p cheaper from in2detailing. Lol

Always been a fan of BH products and deserves a place on my detailing shelf hall of fame.

View attachment 178376
£16.95 on my go to website cleanandshiny.co.uk

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Jimbob76 and A4A4
£16.95 on my go to website cleanandshiny.co.uk

I'm usually more savvy when I come to buy my detailing stuff. That's a fair price.

But I guess with postage it's close to what I paid.

I'm usually more savvy when I come to buy my detailing stuff. That's a fair price.

But I guess with postage it's close to what I paid.
Very true. Usually my go to site and wait long enough so I order enough to get free shipping.

View attachment 178336

New buckets, each with double grit guards (probably overkill, but prevention is better than cure). Took great pleasure in chucking the old scratch guards (with legs that fell off every time you took ‘em out the bucket) in the recycling box - god those things were annoying. Also Incrediflair wheel mitt, Colourlock leather protector to feed the leather and the main event - Raceglaze de-ionised water filter.

Have to say the Raceglaze is a great bit of kit. Yes there is the initial outlay to consider, but using this for the final rinse, in my VERY hard water area, made the finishing off process so much more relaxed and enjoyable. I expected to have to detail a few water marks after using this, but the car dried as clean as a whistle - not a single water spot. Not one. I’m now questioning whether I even need to get the Flex blower after all. HIGHLY recommend :thumbs up: Tomorrow the Mrs’ motor gets washed, rinsed, then just walk away and let it air dry.

View attachment 178370

The Incrediflair wheel mitt, with thumb, makes cleaning the back of the spokes a doddle. Is it an essential buy? No - a £1 sponge from Halfords will do the job just as well - but it is a very nice quality mitt.

Haven’t used the Colourlock leather protector yet. Got this as the car is now 2 years old, and I want to make sure the leather stays supple and doesn’t crack. I have rotor grey leather - so needs a bit more care and attention than black to keep looking good. Cleaned the leather today with Valet Pro leather soap, so the protector will go on tomorrow.

View attachment 178338

After the wash, a quick once over with Done & Dusted. Such a good quick detailer - deep, wet look gloss, slick finish, smells great, so easy to apply and a little goes a v. long way. But you all know that anyway. Haven’t found a better QD, yet. It’s a fantastic product. I’m done with paste waxes this year - no point when you can get this finish in 15 mins.

Very happy with the car at the moment - the thorough post winter deep clean the other week, along with using the Raceglaze today and finishing with D&D had her looking like she just rolled out the factory in no time. The sun even came out a bit later on :yahoo:

View attachment 178339
View attachment 178340

Nice tips.

View attachment 178342

Apologies for surface rust on brake discs - really must learn to drive round the block before taking photos!

View attachment 178374

View attachment 178375
@Jimbob76 - S3 looking fab buddy :thumbs up:
My thoughts on D&D from 3 years ago
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=376708

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

View attachment 178336

View attachment 178370

View attachment 178338

View attachment 178339
View attachment 178340

Nice tips.

View attachment 178342

View attachment 178374

View attachment 178375

Very nice write up mate. Told you wouldn’t need blower if you had 0ppm water for final rinse

S3 looking absolutely smashing.
Used my colourlock today after valetpro leather soap

Reactions: Jimbob76

Nice one @q5man - I’ve been using leather shield for a while now. What I’ve just bought is leather protector.

Leather shield is an anti-friction treatment for new leather (prevents abrasion damage from the constant sliding in/out of the car) - also good for preventing dye transfer from jeans (important on a lighter coloured leather like mine). Leather protector is a different product for leather that is no longer ‘new’ and needs a bit of ‘feeding’ to keep supple and prevent drying out/cracking. Looking at my leather I reckon it’s now time to start ‘feeding’ it to keep it supple. Will probably use both in tandem - protector first then shield. Will let you know my thoughts on the protector once I’ve used it mate...

CE4A74C6 E360 4169 82AC 4264C0DD6DBC

Bought one of these after it being recommended by @jassyo06 just tried it on the windscreen and it works well :)

£6 for the item & 1 pad, then £2 for two extra pads.
Window

Used the forum discount (USNET) at https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/ to get a big tub of Angelwax Black and one of these posh mits. I know the wax is not too long lasting but I need the regular exercise. NB But wearing a watch while cleaning the car Noooooo.
E916F6098176825E8E727DB2686C8632.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know what you think of it. Was looking at one in halfrauds the other day as it could be handy for the interior
Yeah it's good mate, like I said I tried it on the windscreen and it makes the job very easy indeed. It will be even better for the back, as I have the coupe and it's a right pain to try and get in there to do it when you're 6ft1 and 15.5 stone lol.

Yeah it's good mate, like I said I tried it on the windscreen and it makes the job very easy indeed. It will be even better for the back, as I have the coupe and it's a right pain to try and get in there to do it when you're 6ft1 and 15.5 stone lol.

Yeah mines a saloon and it’s also a pain. Front and rear. You always end up leaving residue etc.

Will order one for click and collect. Will come in handy. Once I finish this new decking I’m busy putting down zzzzzzz

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
Nice one @q5man - I’ve been using leather shield for a while now. What I’ve just bought is leather protector.

Leather shield is an anti-friction treatment for new leather (prevents abrasion damage from the constant sliding in/out of the car) - also good for preventing dye transfer from jeans (important on a lighter coloured leather like mine). Leather protector is a different product for leather that is no longer ‘new’ and needs a bit of ‘feeding’ to keep supple and prevent drying out/cracking. Looking at my leather I reckon it’s now time to start ‘feeding’ it to keep it supple. Will probably use both in tandem - protector first then shield. Will let you know my thoughts on the protector once I’ve used it mate...

View attachment 178397

Thanks mate, look forward to the verdict

I always thought the windscreen interior would be a right pita, but turns out the less I touch it the less I need to worry. I have that Halfords extender thing and whilst it is good and takes pride of place in my glove box, I think I’ve used it twice. Touch less work less.

Just picked up Auto Finesse Iron Out wheel cleaner.

Last time I cleaned the car, it was just before aitp so these rims will be ****** as hell.

Clay bar is out and I'm off to get that beast clean.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Not detailing products as such, but essential items I need to tackle a couple of big ticket items on my ‘to-do’ list once the clocks change. Flex blower is now officially on the back-burner after this purchase.

The wheels need to come off, so that I can (a) sort out/paint my rusty hubs - now beyond irritating, they need sorting...

73E49CB6 FC4D 4591 8088 E17229E357FB

...and (b) Gtechniq C5 ceramic coating treatment for the wheels.

I'm planning a MEGA detailed 'how-to' step by step post once I’ve done these jobs, but that might be a few weeks away.

I'm justifying this as less than the cost of paying someone else to do both jobs for me, and I’ll be left with some new, decent quality tools at the end of the day.

So, to get the car in the air, a decent trolley jack is essential, paired with good quality axle stands (2 ton each, 4 ton in total) and wheel chocks (I’ll be doing two wheels at a time, fronts vs rears, the chocks will go at the opposite end of where I’m using the axle stands). The scissor-jack supplied with the car, in your boot (aka, the ‘widow-maker’), is for emergency use only IMO. Got the rubber axle stand protective pads as this should protect the underside of the car where I place the axle stands. From SGS Engineering:

AF236C46 D1F1 490B 98FB F7E070F4F600

And to make sure that the trolley jack locates onto the jacking pinch points on the S3 safely, securely and doesn’t damage ‘owt (i.e. the side skirts), an Audi A3/S3 specifically designed rubber jack pad (£4 from eBay). The A3/S3 8v model requires the lifting pad to be in contact with the jacking point seam, as opposed to the previous 8p model where the floor either side of the seam took the weight. This is therefore a cheap but essential addition to the trolley jack IMO.

4798ECEF 75C8 42F8 83CF FD55AE2B7F8E

And then to make sure the wheels are put back on and tightened to the correct torque settings (from Machine Mart)

49F98960 D33A 4C2E 95F7 FE0DBBDCC54B

Looking forward to tackling these two jobs now.

Last edited:
Not detailing products as such, but essential items I need to tackle a couple of big ticket items on my ‘to-do’ list once the clocks change. Flex blower is now officially on the back-burner after this purchase.

The wheels need to come off, so that I can (a) sort out/paint my rusty hubs - now beyond irritating, they need sorting...

View attachment 178871

...and (b) Gtechniq C5 ceramic coating treatment for the wheels.

I'm planning a MEGA detailed 'how-to' step by step post once I’ve done these jobs, but that might be a few weeks away.

I'm justifying this as less than the cost of paying someone else to do both jobs for me, and I’ll be left with some new, decent quality tools at the end of the day.

So, to get the car in the air, a decent trolley jack is essential, paired with good quality axle stands (2 ton each, 4 ton in total) and wheel chocks (I’ll be doing two wheels at a time, fronts vs rears, the chocks will go at the opposite end of where I’m using the axle stands). The scissor-jack supplied with the car, in your boot (aka, the ‘widow-maker’), is for emergency use only IMO. Got the rubber axle stand protective pads as this should protect the underside of the car where I place the axle stands. From SGS Engineering:

View attachment 178863

And to make sure that the trolley jack locates onto the jacking pinch points on the S3 safely, securely and doesn’t damage ‘owt (i.e. the side skirts), an Audi A3/S3 specifically designed rubber jack pad (£4 from eBay). The A3/S3 8v model requires the lifting pad to be in contact with the jacking point seam, as opposed to the previous 8p model where the floor either side of the seam took the weight. This is therefore a cheap but essential addition to the trolley jack IMO.

View attachment 178865

And then to make sure the wheels are put back on and tightened to the correct torque settings (from Machine Mart)

View attachment 178864

Looking forward to tackling these two jobs now.
Extravagant haul mate but handy to have these sort of tools for the future l personally just used the supplied jack and some 4x2 wood but l only done one wheel hub at a time, they're still looking good but l want to redo them soon

Just picked up Auto Finesse Iron Out wheel cleaner.

Last time I cleaned the car, it was just before aitp so these rims will be ****** as hell.

Clay bar is out and I'm off to get that beast clean.

Well ...

there was blood ...

Wheels came out wicked. Like new. Apart from curb damages

That cleaner also worked really well on my black/brown exhaust tips, which originally are chrome.
Blood dripped from them also and chrome finally came out to shine.
Bit of a buff and they look great.

Car is finally washed as it should be long time ago but didn't managed to polish it and wax it.
Just buffed with da machine bonnet as I parked under a tree few days ago and sap dripped on it in couple spots. Even after washing, claying and washing again, spots were still there.
Quick machine detail and the whole bonnet look shiny.
Waxed this part only to secure compound polishing layer.

Will check results in day light.
17f7266dab98d92e82beabb336c722b1.jpg
17f81b124c2cb0e33c3ec0cb6c4ddc83.jpg

Reactions: Pook and Dunedin
So what's the Verdict on Done and Dusted Si guys hype or what? as this is normally the case when a new Quick detailer hits the market aka beadmaker etc etc

When you go over the top on Garage stuff - hydraulic ramps - drive on - axle stands underneath - both wheels off - detail the underneath :)

P1040336

Reactions: Pook, Dunedin, NevMan and 2 others
Extravagant haul mate but handy to have these sort of tools for the future l personally just used the supplied jack and some 4x2 wood but l only done one wheel hub at a time, they're still looking good but l want to redo them soon

Lol, there’s always a bigger fish - in this case Mr Woodburn :tearsofjoy:....

When you go over the top on Garage stuff - hydraulic ramps - drive on - axle stands underneath - both wheels off - detail the underneath :)

View attachment 178873