What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

l have used CP Eraser it's GUFF....Young @MattSedg bought it...prior to his detail..and whilst we where detailing his car last year...the CP eraser....just didnt cut it to remove the polish residue....too much work....Bilt Hamber Cleansing Fluid is Peerless....in this department..............awesome stuff but it's expensive...but a little goes a long way....with CP Eraser you've got to use at least twice as much product to get the same results as you would with the Bilt Hamber
@jassyo06 - Can't argue with you there mate as I've never used the Bilt Hamber stuff
I've never had a problem with CP Eraser TBH but I hear you buddy

Chalk n Cheese mate....AFYI.....I only buy Gwash...........not a Fanboy ................Yer the BSD Fanboy
AFYI....i used AMD Bubbles car shampoo today one l got in a Mystery Box a good few months ago....really nice shampoo with a nice slip to it and high foaming...less than a Ayrton Senna....lol

Also i applied the Autoglym high Performance Tyre Gel.................gets a strong 10/10 from myself.....lovely to apply and really l have never dressed my tyres as quickly with this stuff...than with any other tyre dressing....Highly Recommended if you like the high gloss look...........love itView attachment 174510

Tyres looking super lip glossy. Going try some of that when my bulk buy off 'back to black' spray cans are all used up.

Love those alloys rim style for easy cleaning. Always found the 5 spoke rims the quickest to keep clean.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Sore back eased off and I cleaned my car today. That woolie wheel brush is good.

By the way, saw tyre shine mentioned. Anybody used Megiara Endurance tyre gel stuff. Best there is for me.

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Jassyo06
Sore back eased off and I cleaned my car today. That woolie wheel brush is good.

By the way, saw tyre shine mentioned. Anybody used Megiara Endurance tyre gel stuff. Best there is for me.
@Evil Derboy - There’s a couple or 3 of us that like megs endurance tyre gel @q5man @Tashfeen
I’ve tried quite a few tyre dressings in the past & always come back to the megs tbh
The durability & looks of it work for me

Just don’t ask the grumpy @jassyo06 as he thinks any product other than he uses is guff ! lol

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
@Evil Derboy - There’s a couple or 3 of us that like megs endurance tyre gel @q5man @Tashfeen
I’ve tried quite a few tyre dressings in the past & always come back to the megs tbh

Just don’t ask the grumpy @jassyo06 as he thinks any product other than he uses is guff ! lol

True.......

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound

I'm in the same boat. Tried loads over time and ended up coming back to the Megs. It's best I've tried.

and... yes strange that you should mention @jassyoo6's attitude to towards products... I have noticed a certain editorial tone... :grinning::grinning:

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
I'm in the same boat. Tried loads over time and ended up coming back to the Megs. It's best I've tried.

and... yes strange that you should mention @jassyoo6's attitude to towards products... I have noticed a certain editorial tone... :grinning::grinning:

Well off the top of me bonce l can list 4 tyre dressings that are far superior to Megs Endurance in every way Tac systems tyre gel, Gyeon Q2m tyre dressing, Fireball Tyre wax, Autoglym High performance tyre dressing and another one worth a mention is Car Pro Pearl undiluted. ..... Megs is too oily and does not cure hence its a Dust magnet, its old school but who am l too say what's a good and guff product?

Going to apply a ceramic coating to my latest addition to the home cinema system. . It does say automotive polish etc etc can be used on the piano black casing

DSC 06134

Reactions: Pinky1959, V6_Man, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Make sure you prepare it properly before applying the ceramic coating or the low frequencies from that thing will throw the ceramic straight of

Reactions: NevMan
I bought some Yellow clay bar aswell as some White Lava Wax from the Chemical Guys to try and keep on top of the new Ibis White paintwork, I hope I wont regret buying a white car :single eye:

@pxr5
I use one of these quite powerful
20190130 193816

With a rubber nozzel
AndyF Team Navarra.

Going to apply a ceramic coating to my latest addition to the home cinema system. . It does say automotive polish etc etc can be used on the piano black casing

View attachment 174680

If I was you I'll just apply 'BSD' and sit back and admire not only the shine but extra bass that it will produce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was you I'll just apply 'BSD' and sit back and admire not only the shine but extra bass that it will produce

Ye know that ain't ever going happen lol besides av got more talent, got some gtechniq ceramic coating l got this time last year so might as well use it on the subwoofer ... Also still got the Gyeon Syncro kit, save this for my next car whenever that maybe

Reactions: V6_Man
Ye know that ain't ever going happen lol besides av got more talent, got some gtechniq ceramic coating l got this time last year so might as well use it on the subwoofer ... Also still got the Gyeon Syncro kit, save this for my next car whenever that maybe

@jassyo06 on the other thread you mentioned about the fuel flap on your S3. Is the issue that it is temperamental and won't close after you've filled up the fuel? Mine (A3) just started doing that where it won't close everytime.

Didn’t really bother much with products on my old B6 as it wasn’t in that great a shape body wise but I’m getting together a nice selection of products now thanks to reading your different posts thanks guys.

Bought a few bits today,

Dodo Juice leather sealant
Purple monster 1800 gsm towels
Bilt Hamber auto wash
Bilt Hamber alloy wheel cleaner
New bucket and grit guard

Going to try the Carplan Demon Foam when I can get to Halfords to pick some up, only had the car 3 days and it’s filthy so it’s first good clean next Monday.

Didn’t really bother much with products on my old B6 as it wasn’t in that great a shape body wise but I’m getting together a nice selection of products now thanks to reading your different posts thanks guys.

Bought a few bits today,

Dodo Juice leather sealant
Purple monster 1800 gsm towels
Bilt Hamber auto wash
Bilt Hamber alloy wheel cleaner
New bucket and grit guard

Going to try the Carplan Demon Foam when I can get to Halfords to pick some up, only had the car 3 days and it’s filthy so it’s first good clean next Monday.

Nice haul mate

Got some BH foam too, going to try the Screwfix garden pest sprayer method to apply it.

@jassyo06 on the other thread you mentioned about the fuel flap on your S3. Is the issue that it is temperamental and won't close after you've filled up the fuel? Mine (A3) just started doing that where it won't close everytime.

My fuel Flap mechanism wouldn't release the flap, it stayed in the closed position ,so they forced it open and cut off the end of the spring loaded nodule that rotates to lock the flap mate

@pxr5 - Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the £15.99 bay of e blower :thumbs up:

Received it yesterday and had a quick blast. It's not as powerful as a Sidekick, but I wasn't expecting it to, to be honest. Yet to try it on my car, but with the quick fiddle I had yesterday, it will be suitable for wheels and shuts etc. It couldn't do the whole car, but nor could the sidekick (which I'll try to fix at some point - hopefully just the motor brushes, which thankfully PB sell).

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Not car related but subwoofer related...lol l eventually got my sub home...l use my mums address for delivery as l stay at my mums during the week mostly to look after her more than anything else...now back home l placed the sub in its rightful place the lighting in the room is via led down lighters.... and to my horror the high gloss Piano Black finish.....is a mass of Swirls and fine scratches...........dreadful in fact this sub cost me a 4 figure sum T9i......RAGING I AM.............so its not just new cars that get this treatment....this looks like its been a refurbishment........product..........

Reactions: NevMan
Are you going to take photos and complain ?Money off for the swirls you did not order ! !

Are you going to take photos and complain ?Money off for the swirls you did not order ! !
Lol . .. I am Sending it back on the principle that REL boast about their perfect finish on their products and the 5 layers of lacquer they apply they'll replace it no problem mate Richer Sounds have a good customer after sales service

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Not car related but subwoofer related...lol l eventually got my sub home...l use my mums address for delivery as l stay at my mums during the week mostly to look after her more than anything else...now back home l placed the sub in its rightful place the lighting in the room is via led down lighters.... and to my horror the high gloss Piano Black finish.....is a mass of Swirls and fine scratches...........dreadful in fact this sub cost me a 4 figure sum T9i......RAGING I AM.............so its not just new cars that get this treatment....this looks like its been a refurbishment........product..........

Harsh mate, more do on a brand new expensive product, but no different to us getting brand new cars that the dealers “prep”

Since the outside is a no, no at the moment, thought I go for the inside.

Arrived yesterday was the Shark Car Detail Kit for my new shark vacuum cleaner.

Upload 2019 2 2 9 11 24

Reactions: Andyl57, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Well l phoned them and described the condition of the thing....they offered to me give £50 off if l kept...so now l am £50 Richer.... pardon the pun...lol............out came the 12 mm throw mini DA with a very soft polishing pad one you'd apply a wax with....plus Menzerna 3800...took ages...changed the pad to a orange polishing pad ....Job....done....stunning finish it left....l cant emphasise enough if yer into machine polishing you need one these mini Dual action machines..............so easy to use and l think they give better results than the Big uns....simply because you can control them better and its easier to perfect yer polishing technique

Reactions: Pinky1959, Bristle Hound, A4A4 and 2 others
Well l phoned them and described the condition of the thing....they offered to me give £50 off if l kept...so now l am £50 Richer.... pardon the pun...lol............out came the 12 mm throw mini DA with a very soft polishing pad one you'd apply a wax with....plus Menzerna 3800...took ages...changed the pad to a orange polishing pad ....Job....done....stunning finish it left....l cant emphasise enough if yer into machine polishing you need one these mini Dual action machines..............so easy to use and l think they give better results than the Big uns....simply because you can control them better and its easier to perfect yer polishing technique

Pictures please - you know the rules @jassyo06

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and NevMan

Mate, now that you gave “corrected” are you going to ceramic coat?

Mate, now that you gave “corrected” are you going to ceramic coat?

Yes.....Hold.....on te a look in one my many brown boxes te a see what l have in stock....Lol.....ATM..............................................................................Ok Av still got the EXO v3....will apply that when l get the time..............been a busy guy lately................the weekends fly in...............too wrapped up in rewiring my home cinema guff

Reactions: Pinky1959 and NevMan