What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Like l said l corrected the inner door sills came up ****** awesome l should really ceramic coat them to be honest as they do collect a lot dirt from the road when driving in the wet weather View attachment 161044 and here was me already to test me new polisher lol car desperately needs the oem black Audi ring logos View attachment 161045

Wow, looking really good @jassyo06. I am mulling over the black rings, but wonder whether it will be lost in my black car lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Well I got to drop down to ur level
emoji1.png
emoji1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drop....Down....???.......No....you mean elevate up to my level.....lol....difficult as they're aint many around on my level.....lol

Reactions: NevMan and Audib5fan
They are annoying me now the chrome rings mate, got dimensions from a seller on ebay on the ones he's selling so when l get home l will measure what size they oem ones are in comparison hopefully they are the same
You've changed lol

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Like l said l corrected the inner door sills came up ****** awesome l should really ceramic coat them to be honest as they do collect a lot dirt from the road when driving in the wet weather View attachment 161044 and here was me already to test me new polisher lol car desperately needs the oem black Audi ring logos View attachment 161045

Awesome work mate. What do you use for the interior vinyl/rubber. It looks a bit too shiny (or shall we say new-ish)

Tac Systems tyre gel.....good but doesnt cover the rubber as easily as Fireball
Tac systems.
Megs endurance
DSC 0483

Megs endurance
DSC 04822

Reactions: rasA4, A4A4, Scotty75 and 3 others
Megs better than TAC system tbh.

Nah l ****** hate Megs....Tac is far less oily....Tac systems does cure Megs doesnt....it slings....will see how both endure this week....says jassy from the Scottish forensic detailing channel....lol

Reactions: Scotty75, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
Awesome work mate. What do you use for the interior vinyl/rubber. It looks a bit too shiny (or shall we say new-ish)

its probably just because its new and the only door that gets used is the drivers door mate,if you want yer external rubbers....lol looking like new, try some Swisswax Seal feed....2 coats and you'll get a as new finish for 4/5 months,a bottle lasts for years and years...........

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and V6_Man
its probably just because its new and the only door that gets used is the drivers door mate,if you want yer external rubbers....lol looking like new, try some Swisswax Seal feed....2 coats and you'll get a as new finish for 4/5 months,a bottle lasts for years and years...........

Cheers mate and for the DAS

And after a wee while ye can move on te the Flex XFE 7-15 125...XMAS....LOL

Hahahaha. You planning on selling Flex around Xmas...

Typical....how many languages does a ****** Da polisher manual need.....must have at least 20 on guff recycled broon paper....canny read the fooker either.............

Hahahaha. You planning on selling Flex around Xmas...

No Chance...unless l am left down and out sleeping on a park bench wrapped up in cardboard...on Xmas Eve...lol

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
I currently have the Megs gel stuff (can't remember the name) but it sprays over the side of the car first time I drive the car!
Any of the ones above stop this happening?

It's never done on mine and I have a white car. And that is why I really like the product. Are you applying too much? What do you use to apply it??

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
It's never done on mine and I have a white car. And that is why I really like the product. Are you applying too much? What do you use to apply it??

I use a paint brush mate to get into the nooks and crannies - not sure I could put much less on and achieve 100% coverage

I use a paint brush mate to get into the nooks and crannies - not sure I could put much less on and achieve 100% coverage

I use Megs Tyre dressing applicator pad and once applied on all corners I go over again with the same pad just to make sure any extra product is evenly spread. The brush I don't think will ever absorb any extra product that you might have on the tyre. The pad also allows you to apply it to the rim protection area and it has happened only on a few occasions that I have applied it on the alloys. Maybe try the pad.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
I use cut up bits of sponge and put plenty on, I then use another sponge piece to wipe off the excess. I think it is important the Tyre is dry when you apply otherwise this aids the sling so to speak. I also try and do it when I won’t drive for a little after application to to help the product dry a bit.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and V6_Man
I also try and do it when I won’t drive for a little after application to to help the product dry a bit.

This ^^^^^ definitely helps and is what I do as well.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Audi Bairn and Pook
Ultimate finish are doing 10% discount ends tonight at 00-00 hours

Reactions: MattSedg and V6_Man
I don't need anything racked my brain nope got enough stuff for the next few months but heard that Autoglyms Polar blast is up there with the best snow foams... So will give it a go £16 2-5 litres

Reactions: NevMan
I don't need anything racked my brain nope got enough stuff for the next few months but heard that Autoglyms Polar blast is up there with the best snow foams... So will give it a go £16 2-5 litres

To be honest I quite like it. It foams very well and when I used it this Sunday the foam running down the car had a nice brown tinge to it as it lifted the dirt away. I don't think it's the most aggressive cleaner out there, but I'm happy with that so at least it's not attacking the LSP.

Hope that was short enough for you...! :)

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Sandra
To be honest I quite like it. It foams very well and when I used it this Sunday the foam running down the car had a nice brown tinge to it as it lifted the dirt away. I don't think it's the most aggressive cleaner out there, but I'm happy with that so at least it's not attacking the LSP.

Hope that was short enough for you...! :)
I had my mitts on a bottle of a few weeks ago but politely replaced it back on the shelf lol
No really it's a good snow foam Jon from forensic gave it a 8/10 said it was a bit on the expensive side though comparable to valet pro Advanced .. Think he's doing a vid soon on it mate yeah yer post was.. ........ Far too short lol

Reactions: NevMan and Supa Koopa
I thought it was quite reasonable to be honest. It recommends 100ml of foam and then topped up with 500ml of water. This is enough for me to go all round the car including the wheel wells and it's definitely thick enough. I've left it at this concentration so 2.5l gives me 25 washes which is 64p a wash at £16 a bottle. :)

I thought it was quite reasonable to be honest. It recommends 100ml of foam and then topped up with 500ml of water. This is enough for me to go all round the car including the wheel wells and it's definitely thick enough. I've left it at this concentration so 2.5l gives me 25 washes which is 64p a wash at £16 a bottle. :)
So a 5-2 mix per 1000 mls £33 for £5 litres is up there with priciest snow foams.... Again its handy to get a good snow foam off the shelf instead of waiting on it getting delivered l am going to give it a Blast pardon the pun....!! !! this weekend see how it goes

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Don't. Just do it mate!

Haha, honestly mate, there is nothing I need. Have shedloads of shampoo, snowfoam, prewash, bug cleaner, decon, QD, drying agent, cloths, mitts, wheel cleaner, wheel woolies, buckets etc etc. Have a whole four tier shelving unit filled

Reactions: V6_Man
Couldn't resist. DAS 6 Pro Plus delivered today. Courtesy @jassyo06 ...

489c68d7c213d7dbb479c3332a1cf092.jpg

5a9784543458424f96647ed23df15a9b.jpg

Reactions: A4A4 and Jassyo06
Haha, honestly mate, there is nothing I need. Have shedloads of shampoo, snowfoam, prewash, bug cleaner, decon, QD, drying agent, cloths, mitts, wheel cleaner, wheel woolies, buckets etc etc. Have a whole four tier shelving unit filled

Ah, I completely get where you are coming from. I keep on telling my wife that the detailing gear we buy is no different to her makeup products. The more you buy the more you want to buy. And it is because it is either something someone has mentioned and it works great or we want to try as we believe it will work really well compared to the other stuff that we bought recently

Reactions: Pook, Jassyo06, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Ah, I completely get where you are coming from. I keep on telling my wife that the detailing gear we buy is no different to her makeup products. The more you buy the more you want to buy. And it is because it is either something someone has mentioned and it works great or we want to try as we believe it will work really well compared to the other stuff that we bought recently

yep, I hear you :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
What do you all use to clean/polish/wipe dash (odo/rev etc), mine looks terrible in direct sunlight :wtf:
Have only used interior cleaner, fine detailing brush, and soft MF

Reactions: V6_Man
What do you all use to clean/polish/wipe dash (odo/rev etc), mine looks terrible in direct sunlight :wtf:
Have only used interior cleaner, fine detailing brush, and soft MF

Very careful 'dusting' with a clean CarPro BOA MF followed by Reload with a separate MF. That is the speedo and the blank inlays. For dashboard (vinyl/rubber) clean with Dodo Juice Cleanser fluid followed by a coat of Megs Natural Shine. Before using Dodo Juice, I used to use BH Surfex HD as cleanser followed by Megs. I know megs isn't 'high end' product but it gives me the matte finish that I want. I do go over with a dry MF cloth after I have applied it. Recently, I have also applied CP Pearl on leather/vinyl areas of the dash however it leaves a silk/shiny finish which I don't like, at all!

I have also tried Toby's QD recently on missus' A3 and it too leaves a good matte finish.

Oh, and I am planning on buying Gyeon Preserve however, I am open to suggestions.