What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

ok, so I am being a suc

So I am being a sucker for the "special" MF wash then? Fairy in WM, or do you wash by hand?

But if you really want towel wash buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
So I am being a sucker for the "special" MF wash then? Fairy in WM, or do you wash by hand?
@q5man - I always wash my MF's after every use
Wash with Fairy non-bio liquid, always in the washer
If I'm feeling generous the buffing towels will get a blast in the tumble dryer :D

Reactions: NevMan, Toonsoldier91 and Jassyo06
If I'm feeling generous the buffing towels will get a blast in the tumble dryer :D
Tumble dryer.....
At a very very low temperature that is????

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound
little purchase this morning, as don't want to risk running out lol. Only really wanted to buy Gyeon Bathe Essence (In prep for my ceramic next Thurs...woohoo) and MM Incredipad,but then you get caught in the spend £50 for free shipping trap. One or two items on here just fancy trying, like bilberry wheel cleaner. And haven't ever used drying aid before. Happy with Meguiar's tyre dressing, but figure I would try gtechnic one.

Detailingbuy

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty75, Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
thanks @Bristle Hound I too am washing after every use, but was using CG microfibre wash. You experts tell me I am wasting my money, so will get some Non Bio in, and ban the missus from touching it (she uses surf anyway).

I tend to also blast (on cool cycle) MF's in tumble dryer, as makes them nice and soft, and apparently good for MF as re-activates fibres or something like that.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audib5fan and Matty_
thanks @Bristle Hound I too am washing after every use, but was using CG microfibre wash. You experts tell me I am wasting my money, so will get some Non Bio in, and ban the missus from touching it (she uses surf anyway).

I tend to also blast (on cool cycle) MF's in tumble dryer, as makes them nice and soft, and apparently good for MF as re-activates fibres or something like that.

Yeah nothing wrong with tumble drying on low heat. Like you said, helps loosen the fibres.

Obviously avoid high heat as the melting point of polyamide is only 60c I believe and that’s the absorbing part of a microfibres makeup so quite easily to kill the fibres.

little purchase this morning, as don't want to risk running out lol. Only really wanted to buy Gyeon Bathe Essence (In prep for my ceramic next Thurs...woohoo) and MM Incredipad,but then you get caught in the spend £50 for free shipping trap. One or two items on here just fancy trying, like bilberry wheel cleaner. And haven't ever used drying aid before. Happy with Meguiar's tyre dressing, but figure I would try gtechnic one.

View attachment 157356
Gtechniq T 2 tyre dressing is absolutely pants mate

Reactions: Bristle Hound

View attachment 157356

How you gonna hide this one from ur partner lol ?

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
DSC 0398
&142 bangers l must need locked up and the key thrown away, especially not being able apply it for a few months without polishing the full car again like l did 10 days ago, so l was advised last night...... Barsteward

Reactions: MattSedg, SPIKE_, Scotty75 and 4 others
Gtechniq T 2 tyre dressing is absolutely pants mate
haha, I did wonder, oh well, was quite cheap. No idea why i bought it tbh, as still have 2 x meguiars lol

1 out of 6 ain't bad

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
View attachment 157361 &142 bangers l must need locked up and the key thrown away, especially not being able apply it for a few months without polishing the full car again like l did 10 days ago, so l was advised last night...... Barsteward
Nice! Just another excuse to use your DA for the last time for 2 years :yahoo:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audib5fan
haha, I did wonder, oh well, was quite cheap. No idea why i bought it tbh, as still have 2 x meguiars lol

1 out of 6 ain't bad

You bought it so you got free delivery don’t lie

Oh sh*t, didn't think about that one...lol

Rip been nice knowing you I will have them off you since you won’t be needing them

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Nice! Just another excuse to use your DA for the last time for 2 years :yahoo:
Not polishing the car again so soon mate it's a full on shift to do so.... Better to go heavier with the snowfoam and wear the wax down then polish it.... 2 months l reckon

@Bristle Hound Sonax BSD Lover Aye .... very good lol the lazy detailers gift from above ....

Reactions: NevMan and Bristle Hound

1 out of 6 ain't bad
It's got the same consistency of water and goes every and takes ages to cure in the winter .. But hey its summer so....

Meguirers.... . Slings everywhere... Good job yer car is black lol
Yeah 1 out a 6 ain't bad at all mate av bought a few guff products in my detailing retailing career ... Bought 6 purple Monster edgeless 500gsm utter utter guff even after several hand washes they are still full of lint, there OK if you don't let a lquid/product near them, but as soon as you.... do, it pulls all the fibres out of them which in turn sticks to the paint

Reactions: NevMan
Not polishing the car again so soon mate it's a full on shift to do so.... Better to go heavier with the snowfoam and wear the wax down then polish it.... 2 months l reckon

@Bristle Hound Sonax BSD Lover Aye .... very good lol the lazy detailers gift from above ....

Presume the paint is good considering you’ve only just done it. Thought about using a finishing polish which will remove any lsp? Save having to wait and will potentially reduce any machine polishing required and saving the clear coat?

Reactions: Jassyo06
You bought it so you got free delivery don’t lie

Not really, as spent way more than £50, it was £68 or something. Oh well I will give it a go

Reactions: Audib5fan and Jassyo06
View attachment 157361 &142 bangers l must need locked up and the key thrown away, especially not being able apply it for a few months without polishing the full car again like l did 10 days ago, so l was advised last night...... Barsteward
142 bangers! Your a detailing retailers dream :yes:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Presume the paint is good considering you’ve only just done it. Thought about using a finishing polish which will remove any lsp? Save having to wait and will potentially reduce any machine polishing required and saving the clear coat?
To be honest l could just run around the the car with another finishing polish with a DA... .But l am run ragged at this moment in time with other things in life l just don't have the energy to spend a 2-3 days on its application at the moment, plan is to have it done by the end of July.... Then it will see me through to next summer

Reactions: Matty_
To be honest l could just run around the the car with another finishing polish with a DA... .But l am run ragged at this moment in time with other things in life l just don't have the energy to spend a 2-3 days on its application at the moment, plan is to have it done by the end of July.... Then it will see me through to next summer

Yeah I get you, Its not something you want to do half a job with and end up doing it again anyway because of poor application.

My S3 should hopefully be arriving sometime during the beginning of next month and I’m wanting to get a coating on myself but with work atm it doesn’t allow the time I’d like to satisfy my own OCD

Anyone here used Purple Rain 2.0 , thoughts on it please ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
That actually made me spit my coffee out !!!!

Now how about the product..... .

That actually made me spit my coffee out !!!!

Now how about the product..... .

Coffee at this time on a Friday.............***...l am more a Chris Evans TFI guy.....minus the bad looks, jumper and specs lol

295D311300000578 3111122 image m 60 1433504168385

Reactions: scotty76, Audib5fan and NevMan
Not quite detailing products but latest addition to household

Attachments

• 7443ED55-42EE-41B4-AD19-0588E96F35C0.jpeg
    7443ED55-42EE-41B4-AD19-0588E96F35C0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man, Audib5fan and 2 others
I am sure many will not like the colour (thunder grey with red mirrors and roof) but my wife LOVES it which is all that matters.
Decent clean tomorrow

Reactions: Scotty75 and Audib5fan
Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan

Attachments

• 24930E8A-24AC-48F4-9F04-1D03A4533471.jpeg
    24930E8A-24AC-48F4-9F04-1D03A4533471.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
  • D95E6CA5-5B48-4597-98D4-B9CD940B2829.jpeg
    D95E6CA5-5B48-4597-98D4-B9CD940B2829.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • F0EC331E-9877-425E-9E08-2A06D8F06B58.jpeg
    F0EC331E-9877-425E-9E08-2A06D8F06B58.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • 04728FEE-8ADB-48ED-819D-1365F5FF8637.jpeg
    04728FEE-8ADB-48ED-819D-1365F5FF8637.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • 34756873-207B-45B0-8869-05FAD86CE27D.jpeg
    34756873-207B-45B0-8869-05FAD86CE27D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: V6_Man, SPIKE_, Scotty75 and 3 others
And on drive next to Q5

Attachments

• 31EA722E-16BD-462B-A3D4-A83C358C5FFF.jpeg
    31EA722E-16BD-462B-A3D4-A83C358C5FFF.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man, Scotty75 and 4 others
Took delivery of some Gyeon Wetcoat today. Early start tomorrow before the sun comes out. Gave the car a full decontamination, polish and two coats of sealent yesterday so this will just give it another layer of protection
0b7df9533b1e35776f133172dc314be1.jpg

Reactions: Audib5fan, NevMan and Scotty75
I am sure many will not like the colour (thunder grey with red mirrors and roof) but my wife LOVES it which is all that matters.
Decent clean tomorrow
Big fan of grey at the moment, the JCW looks good mate.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and NevMan
@jassyo06 I really like my Gyeon Wheel brush! Good value bit of kit.

@scotty76 is it the Q2M wheelstick? Which size do you use on the S4. I have to order few bits tomorrow, and planning on getting one this time.

Folks, I am also looking at getting some MF drying and polishing cloths (have been using BOA for the last few years), either Reload or Gyeon Cure and few spray bottles for BSD and Reload/Cure mixes. Oh, and a drying aid - throw in your some suggestions please. Thanks.

Reactions: Audib5fan, Matty_ and NevMan
Here you go, more after a decent clean

Mini looks fab @q5man and if SWAMBO likes it then who are we to argue! She gets what she wants we just pay

Reactions: Audib5fan, NevMan and Jassyo06