What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Agree, especially when you have a guff Sony phone LOL

Never a truer word said mate............they use to be the best camera phones on the Market....had Sony phones for a decade....and it's the last l get....due a new phone in 2 months time

Reactions: NevMan
It's difficult to capture perfection mate.............lol
@jassyo06 - Even in the mirror ?
argie.gif

laughing.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06
Never a truer word said mate............they use to be the best camera phones on the Market....had Sony phones for a decade....and it's the last l get....due a new phone in 2 months time

Lol, just going on you moaning about your cr*p phone mate. What you thinking of going for? Samsung, Pixel 2? Huawai? As you don’t strike me as a apple a day kinda person

Edit: had typed stroke instead of strike...oh dear ‍♂️

Lol, just going on you moaning about your cr*p phone mate. What you thinking of going for? Samsung, Pixel 2? Huawai? As you don’t strike me as a apple a day kinda person

Edit: had typed stroke instead of strike...oh dear ‍♂️
No iPhone for me mate. . Might push the boat out and get old Nokia 3310.....lol

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
Postman’s been!
0436F66A 3E92 4326 B015 68B1C9654A04

Reactions: Janice_3S3, Sandra, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Just bought this blower. Get frustrated with the sun dried drip lines from all area after driving the car a short distance, wheel stud holes too. Hopefully I can prevent the majority of them.
Screenshot 20190217 192820 eBay

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man

Just noticed the cloths you've purchased and to be l wouldn't use this type of cloth to remove any product off paintwork as they're not soft enough or for that matter thick enough, you want to be using at least a 300gsm Korean 70/30 microfibre cloth.... I would even go as far as saying them cloths will inflict damage when your removing/buffing off product

I use these cloths really soft pile
Screenshot 20190218 161450 Amazon Shopping

Reactions: NevMan, Pavloc and Jassyo06
Just noticed the cloths you've purchased and to be l wouldn't use this type of cloth to remove any product off paintwork as they're not soft enough or for that matter thick enough, you want to be using at least a 300gsm Korean 70/30 microfibre cloth.... I would even go as far as saying them cloths will inflict damage when your removing/buffing off product

Thanks for the tip! I’ll upgrade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed. Great cloths.
20190218 193658 3024x1470

Reactions: NevMan and Pavloc
Postman’s been again! Don’t you love amazon prime
4488dee6b8b55c2844477699e7ef92ad.jpg

Reactions: Pook, Bristle Hound, Leevr and 1 other person
Postman’s been again! Don’t you love amazon prime
4488dee6b8b55c2844477699e7ef92ad.jpg

That reminds me I'll need to cancel my prime as I only use amazon for 4k blu rays lol
May l also suggest you look at the Rag company or in2detailing sites as they sell the best microfibre kit on the market, l only use edgeless cloths mate and last for years if washed properly

Reactions: NevMan and Pavloc
Reactions: Leevr
Far more expensive though l am going for one of these blowers but it'll be a specific detailing blower

Not at all. How much is the detailer specific blower? My 0ppm setup cost under £100, and have done 20+ final rinses and still going strong. Have a bag of replacement resin, that is about £60 and will refill 3 times yet to be used. All relative but a final rinse costs pence, probably less than the lekkie needed to “blow dry” the car, and still not be sure of not getting water marks

That reminds me I'll need to cancel my prime as I only use amazon for 4k blu rays lol
May l also suggest you look at the Rag company or in2detailing sites as they sell the best microfibre kit on the market, l only use edgeless cloths mate and last for years if washed properly

Ha, I use prime loads, but then don’t buy my detailing gear from them mostly. Haven’t watched a Blu-ray for years, just use Amazon Prime or Netflix

Not at all. How much is the detailer specific blower? My 0ppm setup cost under £100, and have done 20+ final rinses and still going strong. Have a bag of replacement resin, that is about £60 and will refill 3 times yet to be used. All relative but a final rinse costs pence, probably less than the lekkie needed to “blow dry” the car, and still not be sure of not getting water marks
So £160
Besides l don't need a water filter, water is purer up here in Scotland..... Lol also WTF are you doing on here .... Maldives bit boring ? Lol

Reactions: NevMan
So £160
Besides l don't need a water filter, water is purer up here in Scotland..... Lol also WTF are you doing on here .... Maldives bit boring ? Lol

Haha, just taking a break from the sun mate

8f4d87518f60b438cdbe56dc8bab9de7.jpg

Reactions: BarryG79, Bristle Hound, Dunedin and 2 others
We were at Kurumba in the Maldives a few years ago - water is nice but what is in it when swimming looks like your evening meal !

Oh no cars on the island - just golf buggies so you can detox from Detailing :)

DSCF9840
DSCF9828

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Last edited:
Reactions: MattSedg, Sandra and Jassyo06
Reactions: MattSedg and Sandra
Reactions: Sandra and Jassyo06
Quite a heavy piece of kit with the battery - 2.65lb + battery pack but not bad value £180

https://www.autogeek.net/flex-cordless-blower-complete-set.html

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/flex/blower

Discount code DA14 works for 5% off
Jeez ! How much money have you lot got to spend on a blower ?
I've got one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2800W-Do...var=521988310673&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's seriously powerful & I get the bonus of being able to use it on our Pooch too :D

Still £180+ on a rechargeable dryer WTF

Still like has been said 100's of times before this Detailing malarkey is so subjective

Jeez ! How much money have you lot got to spend on a blower ?
I've got one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2800W-Dog-Cat-Hairdryer-Pet-Dryer-Fur-Hair-Blow-Heater-Blaster-Blower-3-Colors/223184906039?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=521988310673&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

It's seriously powerful & I get the bonus of being able to use it on our Pooch too :D

Still £180+ on a rechargeable dryer WTF

Still like has been said 100's of times before this Detailing malarkey is so subjective
A cordless blower is the way forward .. speed and ease of use no mains electric extension cable to drag around yer car
Buy cheap buy twice

Reactions: Leevr
Angelwax cleanliness, Bilt hamber snowfoam and again Gyeon Bathe car shampoo it was cheap at £16-95 for a litre as was the Bilt hamber.... Gone from weekly pay to Monthly so.... Will some good gear including my Flex blower next month lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
New Wilko's 5l pump sprayer for pre washing :thumbs up:
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-5l-water-sprayer/p/0338924

My old 1 finally gave up the ghost after approx 6 years

0338924-1.jpg

Quick question on these sprayers and the VP CPW, can this be used instead of snow foam. I have snow foam and a lance but since moving to my new house it havent got the facility yet to connect up my pressure washer so looking for something i can use instead of it for now.

Also the VP CPW, is this just for use on the body work or for the wheels also. I normally use bilt hamber wheel clesner along with bilberry wheel cleaner.

Thanks in adavance

Out of interest and seeking advice this is what I did... I’ve indicated if it was a new product or not. BTW paint is Daytona grey

Vp citrus pre wash (new)
Turtle wax zip wax car wash (because I have it )
Clayed (Meguiar’s)
2500 wet sand a couple of deeper marks
Touch up paint and clear coat to deep chips / scratches
Pb-Da900 (new) polished on blue SPTA 5” pad - fine (new) with mer polish (already had)
At this point car looked great
Pb black hole (new) didn’t see much change
Pb ex sealant (new) seemed to add more depth
Pb natty black wax (new) gave it a nice glaze.
Cleaned glass and angel waxed (new)
Armor all shield on cleaned wheels (had it)
Tyre foam (had it)

I think I should have been more aggressive on the da polisher. Orange pad? I was cautious as I’m a newbie! Got most marks out. Deeper chips need more attention. This was my first go in the car (had it two weeks).

What other or products would you suggest? Any tips on product application or order of application?
I just applied as per instructions and using the da polisher with red polishing pad for glaze, sealant and waxes.

Cheers!
6c062ac67556fac65249ef8705faa49e.jpg

Reactions: Dunedin, Pinky1959, V6_Man and 1 other person