What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

£140 was the cheapest price for a brand new K4 a few months back, l paid £145 but karchers are still unreliable when my new one blows up l won't be buying another

Reactions: Jimbob76
Little order with in2detailing placed tonight. Do love some nice microfibre shizzle :blush:

Used discount code FORENSIC - which gave me 10% off the total order (which was already very well priced).

Interestingly (?:shrug: - ok, I know), my order was over £50 pre-discount, but under £50 post-discount, but it still qualified for free shipping - which was a nice surprise, was expecting to have to ‘top up’ with something else I didn’t really need.

Wish these guys had a wider range of products - hoping they will expand their range if more of us use ‘em. The buffing cloths, drying towels and microfibre madness ‘style’ wash pad all look to be very good quality (generalisation, but Korean microfibre tends to be better quality than Chinese).

Went for a wash pad instead of wash mitt as the denser sponge within should hold more water and soap product, and allow me to squeeze out more suds onto panels as I need it. Will also keep both hands free. Must not drop!

Also (and this is getting quite sad now) ordered another couple of stupidly cheap items with free shipping on fleabay (a) a 10ml measuring syringe (£1.50-ish) - so I can measure out 5ml of super concentrated Bilt Hamber Auto Wash per bucket (instead of the usual man-sized guesstimate - so will pay for itself in no time!), and (b) a 9oz (255ml) squeeze bottle (£2-ish) - the idea here is to fill this with a v.concentrated (but still diluted) mix of car shampoo, so that I can squirt a ‘foam boost’ onto the wash pad to get some extra suds when I need ‘em.

Christ, there should be a support group for us lot so we can share and explore the reasons for our addiction. Any volunteers to set one up? I’m too busy detailing!

37CAD3F2 7963 4940 B7A7 18A779842198

D55F6809 861E 4477 9E2A 873BA12CDFDD

1FFAF374 01BF 474A B5EF 51A210B5BAA1

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man and Pook
Little order with in2detailing placed tonight. Do love some nice microfibre shizzle :blush:

Used discount code FORENSIC - which gave me 10% off the total order (which was already very well priced).

Interestingly (?:shrug: - ok, I know), my order was over £50 pre-discount, but under £50 post-discount, but it still qualified for free shipping - which was a nice surprise, was expecting to have to ‘top up’ with something else I didn’t really need.

Wish these guys had a wider range of products - hoping they will expand their range if more of us use ‘em. The buffing cloths, drying towels and microfibre madness ‘style’ wash pad all look to be very good quality (generalisation, but Korean microfibre tends to be better quality than Chinese).

Went for a wash pad instead of wash mitt as the denser sponge within should hold more water and soap product, and allow me to squeeze out more suds onto panels as I need it. Will also keep both hands free. Must not drop!

Also (and this is getting quite sad now) ordered another couple of stupidly cheap items with free shipping on fleabay (a) a 10ml measuring syringe (£1.50-ish) - so I can measure out 5ml of super concentrated Bilt Hamber Auto Wash per bucket (instead of the usual man-sized guesstimate - so will pay for itself in no time!), and (b) a 9oz (255ml) squeeze bottle (£2-ish) - the idea here is to fill this with a v.concentrated (but still diluted) mix of car shampoo, so that I can squirt a ‘foam boost’ onto the wash pad to get some extra suds when I need ‘em.

Christ, there should be a support group for us lot so we can share and explore the reasons for our addiction. Any volunteers to set one up? I’m too busy detailing!

View attachment 165286

View attachment 165287

View attachment 165288

Nice haul mate . I have been using the one that comes with kids Calpol syrup (been ages since we bought one). The last one I got was from a friend's, I told them to teach their kids how to use spoons .

Re: the support group I don't think it is us but our wives/girl friends who need one. Well, mine definitely does with a 'therapy' session arranged on the day I am detailing the cars .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jimbob76
Re: the support group I don't think it is us but our wives/girl friends who need one. Well said:

Lol - WAGs support group - never heard of detailing WAGs before but guess we have ‘em :tearsofjoy:. Beats playing golf anyhoo!

Reactions: Andy F, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Lol - WAGs support group - never heard of detailing WAGs before but guess we have ‘em :tearsofjoy:. Beats playing golf anyhoo!

Trust me she goes mental like for example now when I went out and she goes like; 'where at this time' and I was like; 'beading shots babe. It is raining'. And the look on her face ...

Reactions: Andy F, AllanG, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
Trust me she goes mental like for example now when I went out and she goes like; 'where at this time' and I was like; 'beading shots babe. It is raining'. And the look on her face ...

Beading shots "babe " glad to know l ain't nowhere near as sad as most on here lol probably because l have a **** camera phone lol

Reactions: V6_Man

View attachment 165286

View attachment 165287

View attachment 165288
Sorry to say but the 80/20 Chinese wash mitt is pretty good mate from In2detaling l have purchased most of there cloth and mitt range, KKD silver back is great but it's a wee bit expensive around £2-3 more but it's worth it, remember a quick hand-wash and rinse before you use it, eagles have no peers simply the best micro fibre buffing cloth on the market

Did not go out looking for these today but for £3.54 for both of them. Why not?

4862E244 3CD9 4D77 8745 84A62D174635

From Asda

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06

View attachment 165286

View attachment 165287

View attachment 165288

Nice haul mate . I have been using the one that comes with kids Calpol syrup (been ages since we bought one). The last one I got was from a friend's, I told them to teach their kids how to use spoons .

Re: the support group I don't think it is us but our wives/girl friends who need one. Well, mine definitely does with a 'therapy' session arranged on the day I am detailing the cars .

I honestly laughed out loud when I read these, brilliant!

Reactions: Jimbob76 and V6_Man
Did not go out looking for these today but for £3.54 for both of them. Why not?

View attachment 165301

From Asda
You need professional help!! Either that, or your debit & credit cards barred from making car cleaning product purchases :busted cop:

Reactions: Jimbob76, A4A4 and NevMan
You need professional help!! Either that, or your debit & credit cards barred from making car cleaning product purchases :busted cop:

Have my eye on a few things but will hold off now until spring, going cold turkey.

emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

PMSL, and then saw your post on the beading shots thread and realised you weren’t even joking at 5 past midnight and PMSL some more! Legend @Tashfeen - we need to get this WAGS support group organised.

...and this was with Gyeon Cure, right? Would welcome a quick review from you on this pal - been eyeing some up myself in preparation for quick and easy winter LSP sealant on top of ceramic coat which will hopefully last about a month between applications. Clearly gives some great beading and hydrophobicity (is that even a word? Lol), but how’s the application and once applied does it leave the bodywork feeling grabby (like Sonax BSD does for example)? Cheers mate (+ thoughts from others who’ve used this please!)

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
PMSL, and then saw your post on the beading shots thread and realised you weren’t even joking at 5 past midnight and PMSL some more! Legend @Tashfeen - we need to get this WAGS support group organised.

...and this was with Gyeon Cure, right? Would welcome a quick review from you on this pal - been eyeing some up myself in preparation for quick and easy winter LSP sealant on top of ceramic coat which will hopefully last about a month between applications. Clearly gives some great beading and hydrophobicity (is that even a word? Lol), but how’s the application and once applied does it leave the bodywork feeling grabby (like Sonax BSD does for example)? Cheers mate (+ thoughts from others who’ve used this please!)

I believe it was with Toby's QD followed by a layer of R222 Carnauba wax. The car previously had Cure and CarPro Hydro2 and BSD and CG Hybrid V7 and Fusso .

The one thing I like about Cure is it doesn't smear compared to CarPro Reload. Easy on and easy off and leaves great shine and depth on the paint. You mentioned BSD, I have used it diluted as well as on its own and never had any issues. You applying too much maybe?

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
3 Bawbags lol got the middle yin on Monday along with some other guff
DSC 05322

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Is that wash mitt on your sofa from in2detailing ? Looks like the one I have, very good wash mitt

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
They where dumped there by the Mrs and no its a incredimitt and incredisponge, l have the in2detailing one also, the difference between both is just in the blend of microfibre incredimitt = 70/30, in2detailing = 80/20

Got some of that (colourlock sealant) from UF this morning, along with the brilliant Kwazar spray bottles....highly recommended They are still doing free next day delivery (spent £30)

Ok, so cleaned and colour locked the leather this morning.

1. Rinsed leather brush under wash water 1st.
2. Applied valet pro leather shampoo to brush and applied to leather agitating but not using too much product. Small areas at a time.
3. Wipes off with clean soft microfibre and moved on to next area.
4. Once whole car car done, moved onto colourlock leather sealant.
5. Applied sparingly to dry microfibre and applied to leather.
6. Dries pretty quickly.
7. Nice matte finish

Result:

dedf3fe19ec146e6e38e9b683364dae5.jpg

089696b5875c90ac02e70c04f3f7a867.jpg

52a7dd9bb2efcb0f998497240b28d392.jpg

384bc6a745fe99b962d0a9f634e315a3.jpg

fba1b5140fc4e382a9a902361243edca.jpg

Reactions: Scotty75, Jassyo06, Pook and 4 others

2. Applied valet pro leather shampoo to brush and applied to leather agitating but not using too much product. Small areas at a time.
6. Dries pretty quickly.
7. Nice matte finish

Result:

Alcantara clean for another day

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man

6. Dries pretty quickly.
7. Nice matte finish

Result:

Looks mint @q5man. Awesome job as always mate

Reactions: A4A4, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Thanks mate. Cmon then, been to see the RS6’s yet? Waiting waiting

2pm appointment mate. Excited yet at the same time slightly apprehensive as it is Oxford Audi . I will however give credit to this new sales guy, he has been superb so far.

Reactions: NevMan, A4A4 and Jassyo06

6. Dries pretty quickly.
7. Nice matte finish

Result:

What sort of smell does the combo leave in the cabin, if any?

What sort of smell does the combo leave in the cabin, if any?

Well l have been using this combo for years on both my S3's and my current car still smells like new its kinda neutral in its smell it does leave a slight leather aroma when used often

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan

6. Dries pretty quickly.
7. Nice matte finish

Result:

Does anyone sit in it ? Lol

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Well l have been using this combo for years on both my S3's and my current car still smells like new its kinda neutral in its smell it does leave a slight leather aroma when used often
Perfect thanks, just the smell I’m looking for. How often do you shampoo and colourlock your leather?

Agree, neutral to new car / leather smell. Really easy to use, thanks for advice chaps

Reactions: Pook
2pm appointment mate. Excited yet at the same time slightly apprehensive as it is Oxford Audi . I will however give credit to this new sales guy, he has been superb so far.

Cmon chop chop.

Cmon chop chop.

Waste of time mate. I left within 15 mins as I was quite annoyed tbh.

I was promised that they had two in stock, I called them this morning just to double check as Marshall's website was showing a total of 4, 2 of which were in Newbury.

Their explaination was, "both the cars are currently at Marshall's Newbury, we can get it if you pay a deposit and are willing to buy or you can visit them and check out the car. However, let's do numbers. And to which I said, l'll do the numbers after I've seen the car(s) and that they have the spec I am after (they know what I want). And I left telling them there was a reason I travelled 500+ miles on two previous occasions to Dundee and Aberdeen to pick up the A3 and S4 and didn't buy from Oxford . When I bought my S4 Oxford Audi had three on the floor; a Silver B8, and a Black and Sepang B8.5s. Search continues ...

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and NevMan
He buying a RS6... .. Rob a ****** bank did Tash.. .. .as long as it AIN'T in frickin white lol

I couldn't buy the mini DA, had the money sat in the bank so, thought why not an RS

Just kidding mate. RS6 had always been a dream car and it still is. Been saving for sometime now (and it is the only thing I'll save money for )

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan

I was promised that they had two in stock, I called them this morning just to double check as Marshall's website was showing a total of 4, 2 of which were in Newbury.

Their explaination was, "both the cars are currently at Marshall's Newbury, we can get it if you pay a deposit and are willing to buy or you can visit them and check out the car. However, let's do numbers. And to which I said, l'll do the numbers after I've seen the car(s) and that they have the spec I am after (they know what I want). And I left telling them there was a reason I travelled 500+ miles on two previous occasions to Dundee and Aberdeen to pick up the A3 and S4 and didn't buy from Oxford . When I bought my S4 Oxford Audi had three on the floor; a Silver B8, and a Black and Sepang B8.5s. Search continues ...

****** idiots, oh well mate, take your time

Reactions: Jimbob76 and V6_Man

Arrogant b@stards! Love the Audi brand but have no love for the dealerships based on experiences exactly like this - you’re made to feel like you’re doing THEM a favour by thinking about dropping multiple 10’s of £k on a new car. I’m sure there are good dealerships but I’ve yet to find one.

I had a great experience buying my S3 from an independent performance Audi specialist in the north of England. 1 year old, 2.5k miles on the clock, fully loaded with options, absolutely pristine (and I’m f3ck1n particular) and c. 25% less than list price for the equivalent brand new. Had to travel to get what I wanted, but they were straight as an arrow and I was very well looked after - wouldn’t have had the same experience at my local dealership!

I don’t even trust an Audi dealer to service my car while it is still under warranty. Very seriously (in fact 99.9% sure) likely to use the independent VAG specialist garage I’ve used for the last 10 years, and who I’ve built up a great relationship with. They have VAG trained mechanics, all the diagnostic kit, and love working on nice motors. Will obvs make sure they fully comply with servicing protocols to ensure warranty remains valid.

I guess my point is we don’t have to suffer sh1t3 service like this - there are great independent alternatives out there who are doing what they do because they love our cars. Well done for voting with your feet @Tashfeen !

Last edited:
Reactions: Maco and NevMan
Every 2 weeks and the steering wheel every week if possible

Wow - thought I was OCD! Just the drivers seat and steering wheel this frequently I assume, as opposed to the whole interior mate?

Planning on doing mine once every 2-3 months (steering wheel once a month). You’re making me feel lazy pal!

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Pook
I believe it was with Toby's QD followed by a layer of R222 Carnauba wax. The car previously had Cure and CarPro Hydro2 and BSD and CG Hybrid V7 and Fusso .

The one thing I like about Cure is it doesn't smear compared to CarPro Reload. Easy on and easy off and leaves great shine and depth on the paint. You mentioned BSD, I have used it diluted as well as on its own and never had any issues. You applying too much maybe?

Cheers @Tashfeen - I bought some Sonax BSD to see what all the fuss was about. I have zero issues with the application or buffing, and don’t believe I’m using too much (a 750 ml bottle would do a dozen+ applications the way I use it). I kinda love it and don’t love it in equal measure. I like the results it gives in terms of gloss addition and hydrophobic qualities + it’s seriously good VFM. What I’m less keen on is, once you’ve applied and buffed (easy on both counts if you do one panel at a time) the finished paint feels ‘grabby’ i.e. if you run your finger across a panel it drags, and I prefer a slicker finish. Make sense? Think I’ll give Gyeon Cure a go next - a bit more expensive but a 400ml bottle should still last a fair while. Thanks again mate.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
He buying a RS6... .. Rob a ****** bank did Tash.. .. .as long as it frickin white lol

Every 2 weeks and the steering wheel every week if possible
Wow that’s frequently, won’t be doing it that often as seems overkill to me. I barely need to hoover and wipe it down every two weeks. Maybe monthly tops on the shampoo for me. Will test it and see how it goes.

Wow that’s frequently, won’t be doing it that often as seems overkill to me. I barely need to hoover and wipe it down every two weeks. Maybe monthly tops on the shampoo for me. Will test it and see how it goes.

Both are water based so very gentle on the leather,l hate even a hint of shiny leather especially on the steering wheel SSS Shiny Steering Wheel Syndrome lol

Arrogant b@stards! Love the Audi brand but have no love for the dealerships based on experiences exactly like this - you’re made to feel like you’re doing THEM a favour by thinking about dropping multiple 10’s of £k on a new car. I’m sure there are good dealerships but I’ve yet to find one.

I had a great experience buying my S3 from an independent performance Audi specialist in the north of England. 1 year old, 2.5k miles on the clock, fully loaded with options, absolutely pristine (and I’m f3ck1n particular) and c. 25% less than list price for the equivalent brand new. Had to travel to get what I wanted, but they were straight as an arrow and I was very well looked after - wouldn’t have had the same experience at my local dealership!

I don’t even trust an Audi dealer to service my car while it is still under warranty. Very seriously (in fact 99.9% sure) likely to use the independent VAG specialist garage I’ve used for the last 10 years, and who I’ve built up a great relationship with. They have VAG trained mechanics, all the diagnostic kit, and love working on nice motors. Will obvs make sure they fully comply with servicing protocols to ensure warranty remains valid.

I guess my point is we don’t have to suffer sh1t3 service like this - there are great independent alternatives out there who are doing what they do because they love our cars. Well done for voting with your feet @Tashfeen !

Thanks @Jimbob76 , that was a good read. And completely agree with all of it, we don’t need to take bad service, and decent independents are undoubtably more knowledgeable and will do a better job, and you can still comply with warranty requirements...however. The only thing that potentially stops me from going down this route is the unknown in that the car then doesn’t have AFSH come sale time. Maybe it is not much at all, but I know if I was looking for a used that is what I would want. Difference being if you are an enthusiast and buys say S3 or similar that has been tuned and maintained by MRC for example, that wouldn’t matter.