What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Oh yes, big time hahah!

@Jimbob76 thanks for the response. I'll look into alternates to the tyre gell, I thought it was generally rated quite good. As for the auto wheel, yeah i use it first on dry dirty wheels.
Usually use auto wheel, then clean wheels with the brush etc, then snow foam car and do the rest. ... Hopefully this isn't too dreadful of a procedure haha.

Do you dry the wheels before putting on auto wheel?

Lol, not dreadful procedure - you’re just using more product than you need to :grinning:. Yep, I dry the wheels first. Only needs doing every couple of months or so, so worth a little extra effort.

Reactions: oli356
About to order a load of stuff and wondering whether anyone knows any good current discount codes? I know slims do 10% off first order but I’ve already used that so could use a family member, but a few things slims don’t supply so would need to use elsewhere. Purchases I’ve lined up:

Wheel Woolies 3 pack
Gyeon Q2 tire
Tuf shine tyre brush
Gwash
Valet pro leather soap
Valet pro leather brush
Or possible Dr Leather wipes in place of the VP stuff
Some cheap foam applicator pads

Clean Your Car do most of the stuff on your list. Code DW05 will get you 5% discount (every little helps and better than a kick in the tads). £100 minimum spend to get free delivery though, so you may find a couple of extra items creep onto your list!

Will be using the Valet Pro leather soap (and brush) on my seats this morning, so will report back...

So cleaned my leather this morning with Valet Pro leather soap and leather brush, then protected with Colourlock leather shield anti-friction sealant. Very happy with the results! The seats weren’t in a bad way at all - the drivers seat was starting to look a bit shiny and just a wee bit dirty but nothing to excessive, but wanted to get on top of and keep on top of the leather as I’m keeping the car longer term (and especially as the leather is rotor grey, so needs some careful looking after).

Both products very easy to use, no nasty chemical smells and dry quickly with no streaking leaving a matt finish. Reckon I’ve used about a quarter of each bottle, so actually pretty economical at c. £7 to clean and seal the whole car. Happy to recommend both and thanks @jassyo06 for pointing me in the right direction.

Can recommend the Valet Pro leather brush as well - v. good quality. Not as cheap as some out there, but perfect for the job and didn’t lose a single bristle - will last a long time.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about which leather care products to go for.

05ACAD4A 74A5 4261 BE23 D559658420D5

4052F3FE 3664 46EF 8C34 83ED07AFD1C2

Reactions: V6_Man, SPIKE_, Jassyo06 and 4 others
So cleaned my leather this morning with Valet Pro leather soap and leather brush, then protected with Colourlock leather shield anti-friction sealant. Very happy with the results! The seats weren’t in a bad way at all - the drivers seat was starting to look a bit shiny and just a wee bit dirty but nothing to excessive, but wanted to get on top of and keep on top of the leather as I’m keeping the car longer term (and especially as the leather is rotor grey, so needs some careful looking after).

Both products very easy to use, no nasty chemical smells and dry quickly with no streaking leaving a matt finish. Reckon I’ve used about a quarter of each bottle, so actually pretty economical at c. £7 to clean and seal the whole car. Happy to recommend both and thanks @jassyo06 for pointing me in the right direction.

Can recommend the Valet Pro leather brush as well - v. good quality. Not as cheap as some out there, but perfect for the job and didn’t lose a single bristle - will last a long time.

View attachment 164984

View attachment 164985
Excellent thanks for that, really helpful info. Think I’ll defs give them a try! Seats look great btw, that Rotor Grey is really quality looking.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Jassyo06

View attachment 164984

View attachment 164985

Great write up and results speak for themselves. Hmm, feel a little purchase coming along. Where did you buy? Any idea if this will do the alcantara too, as I have both. Could also do with recommendation for wife’s JCW cloth seats.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jimbob76 and Jassyo06

View attachment 164984

View attachment 164985

Them seats look like new mate....excellent....cant say anymore ....speechless for once...............lol

Oh...and thats the first time l have seen Rotor grey Super Sport seats on this forum

Reactions: Pook, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person
For sale Enigma Shampoo est... 480mls Enigma QED est...460 mls £20 bangers delivered both 500 ml bottles....to the buyer....half price really...reason for sale doesnt gel well with Fusion wax

Reactions: NevMan
Excellent thanks for that, really helpful info. Think I’ll defs give them a try! Seats look great btw, that Rotor Grey is really quality looking.

Cheers @Pook - I’d say worth spending the extra instead of just grabbing some leather wipes. Love my rotor grey seats :sunglasses:

Great write up and results speak for themselves. Hmm, feel a little purchase coming along. Where did you buy? Any idea if this will do the alcantara too, as I have both. Could also do with recommendation for wife’s JCW cloth seats.

Got the VP leather soap and brush from CYC (as part of a bigger order of other stuff) and then had to get the Colourlock leather shield separately from Clean and Shiny in the end. Not sure the leather soap would be any good for alcantara mate - wouldn’t risk it myself. I’d probably pick up an alcantara specifc product if I were you. Can’t make a recommendation on that front I’m afraid, but I’m sure @Tashfeen can jump in here - pretty sure he has alcantara in his S4? Need to research products for cloth seats for the wife’s Mini Cooper myself mate - if you beat me to it, let me know what you go for!

Them seats look like new mate....excellent....cant say anymore ....speechless for once...............lol. Oh...and thats the first time l have seen Rotor grey Super Sport seats on this forum

Thanks - I have to say it was a satisfying detailing job! Impressed with the Colourlock leather shield - think the anti-friction coating will make quite a difference longer term - the bolsters and their stitching got special attention with this. They really have come up like new so time well spent :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man

View attachment 164984

View attachment 164985
Love that interior. I’m sure rotor grey looks great with DG :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Cheers @Pook - I’d say worth spending the extra instead of just grabbing some leather wipes. Love my rotor grey seats :sunglasses:

Got the VP leather soap and brush from CYC (as part of a bigger order of other stuff) and then had to get the Colourlock leather shield separately from Clean and Shiny in the end. Not sure the leather soap would be any good for alcantara mate - wouldn’t risk it myself. I’d probably pick up an alcantara specifc product if I were you. Can’t make a recommendation on that front I’m afraid, but I’m sure @Tashfeen can jump in here - pretty sure he has alcantara in his S4? Need to research products for cloth seats for the wife’s Mini Cooper myself mate - if you beat me to it, let me know what you go for!

Thanks - I have to say it was a satisfying detailing job! Impressed with the Colourlock leather shield - think the anti-friction coating will make quite a difference longer term - the bolsters and their stitching got special attention with this. They really have come up like new so time well spent :thumbs up:

Colourlock make all the leather leather products for Swissvax even the brushes...Swissvax just cost far more because their of "Name Kudos"...True Story....lol

Reactions: V6_Man and Jimbob76
For sale Enigma Shampoo est... 480mls Enigma QED est...460 mls £20 bangers delivered both 500 ml bottles....to the buyer....half price really...reason for sale doesnt gel well with Fusion wax

Would you sell shampoo on its own ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol Naw.....£20 is a bargain

True good deal it’s just I don’t need anymore engima qed don’t worry I’m sure you will sell it

Reactions: Jassyo06

View attachment 164984

View attachment 164985

Great write up and interior looks really .

I use Sonax Alcantara cleaner. I started using Sonax Leather cleaning brush and then bought colourlock a few months ago however, bristles on both are exactly the same. For protection I use Gyeon Fabric.

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
Great write up and interior looks really .

I use Sonax Alcantara cleaner. I started using Sonax Leather cleaning brush and then bought colourlock a few months ago however, bristles on both are exactly the same. For protection I use Gyeon Fabric.

Thanks @Tashfeen, will have to get myself some Sonax then, along with Pro valet leather soap, brush and colourlock

Reactions: Jimbob76 and V6_Man
Im pretty sure none of you here will have used this before, i have and to be fair it's pretty damn good stuff.

Don't know how but forgot about it, used it on my previous car ( Toyota) and always had good results. Lasts a fair while although in wet weather only about a week. Can be layered onto tyres

Going to order some again myself. Take a look for yourselves, they make other valeting products too ...

https://www.aaronchemicals.co.uk/pr...ber_dressing_for_tyres__vinyl/?k=:::1877648:0

£8.99 for 500nl, free delivery and lasts ages

Will post photos soon with results

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

@jassyo06. PM me sone details and I'll take the Enigma shampoo and QD off yer hands mate

Last edited:
What's the thickness like of these MFs. Micro Fibres that is and not Mo Fos although they look Mo Fo towels.

They are 3mm thick, just the job. nice and soft and can be washed if needed (I just throw them away hence the amount)

Little purchase this morning (sandpaper is to help finish off my repair on the chip on passenger door handle):
Just need to get hold of some colourlock now

Upload 2018 9 10 9 5 34

Reactions: Jassyo06, V6_Man and Jimbob76
‘Jimbob76 said:

What method did you use to apply and finish off with the Colourlock, like you say it’s a great finish!

What method did you use to apply and finish off with the Colourlock, like you say it’s a great finish!

Colourlock is simply a case of squirt a bit onto a clean microfibre, wipe onto the leather and leave it to dry (which takes less than 5 mins) - no buffing. Simples - honestly you can’t go wrong with it, very easy to apply mate.

Reactions: Pook, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Colourlock is simply a case of squirt a bit onto a clean microfibre, wipe onto the leather and leave it to dry (which takes less than 5 mins) - no buffing. Simples - honestly you can’t go wrong with it, very easy to apply mate.

Got some of that (colourlock sealant) from UF this morning, along with the brilliant Kwazar spray bottles....highly recommended They are still doing free next day delivery (spent £30)

Reactions: Pook, Jassyo06, V6_Man and 1 other person
Got some of that (colourlock sealant) from UF this morning, along with the brilliant Kwazar spray bottles....highly recommended They are still doing free next day delivery (spent £30)

Thanks @q5man. Just what I was after. A decent 0.5ltr bottle as I have a few 1ltr ones and I am using only one of them. Helps smaller ones for Perl/QD mixes.

No worries, they are SOOO much better than the cr*p ones most product come with. Have been using one for QD for a few months, works really well, no dripping, delivers from nice fine spray to stream if needed. Will use one new one for wheel cleaner, and the other for glass

Awesome thanks, sounds about on my level then ha. My car only 2 months old and had a Gtechniq interior done when it was detailed so hopefully shouldn’t need to do too much yet, however I do like to keep on top of it so I’ll buy some in.

worth doing. Mine is only 6 months old, but I know @Tashfeen did his seats a couple months ago (had his car detailed earlier the year), and was amazed at the state of the cloths afterwards. Dyes from clothes etc, especially denim, really get's into seats

Reactions: Pook, V6_Man and Jassyo06
No problem mate

It's a shampoo and quick detailer for ceramic coatings anyways mate, the enigma qed didnt react well to the wax I applied ie fusion wax hence l was selling it going to return to Done and Dusted love that stuff

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Scotty75
Here's something to look forward to!
Took my car to have the starter motor replaced this morning and it seemed like every farmer had been out 5 mins before me.
Some of the lanes were more like rally stages...
Ah well, I'll get it cleaned when we next have a good day.
Mike
IMG 20180911 132909

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andy F, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Here's something to look forward to!
Took my car to have the starter motor replaced this morning and it seemed like every farmer had been out 5 mins before me.
Some of the lanes were more like rally stages...
Ah well, I'll get it cleaned when we next have a good day.
MikeView attachment 165253

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Cowpat black Exclusive Paint lol

Reactions: mikep99, Andy F and NevMan
Haha, I hear it is VERY easy to maintain, just keep driving through puddles and cowpats :whistle2:

Reactions: mikep99, Jassyo06 and Andy F
Great deal on Karcher K4 Full Control in case anyone is interested.

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/pro...MailBigOffer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=36

Interesting @Tashfeen ! And thanks for sharing this. A new decent Karcher is on my wish list. Coveting the K5 as it comes with an 8m hose and hose-reel, so no dragging the machine around with you to do the whole car, but my very old and reliable little Nilfisk refuses to die - b@st@rd thing!

I’ve not come across the Karcher Outlet website before - looks like they deal in guaranteed factory seconds (looks to be mainly cosmetic damage returns/refurbs which wouldn’t bother me as I’d scratch it up PDQ anyway!) with some pretty hefty discounts.

Would be interested to know if anyone on here has bought from them, and were they happy (longer term), that they hadn’t bought a mechanical dog?...

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Interesting @Tashfeen ! And thanks for sharing this. A new decent Karcher is on my wish list. Coveting the K5 as it comes with an 8m hose and hose-reel, so no dragging the machine around with you to do the whole car, but my very old and reliable little Nilfisk refuses to die - b@st@rd thing!

I’ve not come across the Karcher Outlet website before - looks like they deal in guaranteed factory seconds (looks to be mainly cosmetic damage returns/refurbs which wouldn’t bother me as I’d scratch it up PDQ anyway!) with some pretty hefty discounts.

Would be interested to know if anyone on here has bought from them, and were they happy (longer term), that they hadn’t bought a mechanical dog?...

I’ve bought a couple from them over the last decade - great value cf. buying new but the prices do vary a lot from week to week so worth spending a few weeks checking their stock before pressing the “buy” button

Reactions: Jimbob76 and V6_Man