What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Audib5fan
Thanks BH. I had a read but that's beyond my scaredy cat threshold. The wet sanding... fair play those men. Big cojones! :D
I am going to have a go with the same procedure on the Mrs cars bonnet then attempt it on 2 stonechips l have on my bonnet

Reactions: scotty76
Do you have a link please? Would like to have a read.

Sorry. It was this post http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=405356

AmmoNYC done a video on these yonks ago you'll get one off amazon delivery is around a month, l ordered one 2 weeks ago

Mine took 3 days for delivery @jassy006

@scotty76 - There's a few threads on DW buddy

http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20127
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=282300

Don't know whether either of the above 2 threads are the ones @pxr5 is referring to mind

Sorry, I should have posted the link. Done so above. It includes the AMMO NYC Video on YT.

Reactions: scotty76 and Bristle Hound
@Bristle Hound , this Planet Polish is good!

This is after 350+ miles this week:

4a5f717d2e4000f895be7a36b4632863.jpg

Jetwash down, snowfoam, rinsed and light dry (no alloy wheel cleaner)

247f1a088a8866dacbc60633c155c263.jpg

Here is a reflection shot, the Gyeon Bathe+ still beading nicely during wash, but here is after dry:

7c4190f18214317e020a46b9404e76ff.jpg

No BSD, which will please @jasseyo06 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76, Bristle Hound, Audib5fan and 1 other person
@Bristle Hound , this Planet Polish is good!

This is after 350+ miles this week:

4a5f717d2e4000f895be7a36b4632863.jpg

Jetwash down, snowfoam, rinsed and light dry (no alloy wheel cleaner)

247f1a088a8866dacbc60633c155c263.jpg

Here is a reflection shot, the Gyeon Bathe+ still beading nicely during wash, but here is after dry:

7c4190f18214317e020a46b9404e76ff.jpg

No BSD, which will please @jasseyo06 lol

Have ye been own the bevvy ma boy its @jassyo06 :friends:
Lol

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Don’t have my Audi yet so apologies for the VW content.

Just got a sponsorship from Autoperfekt and got a care package of just about all of their products.

I’ll be sure to review them on here when I get to use them myself.

Alistair from Beadworx detailing came down with the products and gave my car the once over before my car goes on show at the Early Edition show in Northampton tomorrow.

Had a light machine polish to remove light swirls that I managed to cause (probably from drying) and then topped off with Autoperfekt N1 Coat

edb06201dea0f80a65d50a47994e8e8d.jpg

b8a7a2ec46ae466b010dfdf6d375f00d.jpg
0eb5de4a2397326a0146d05689d883c9.jpg

327d1f7672708d39dda02880220f9eb6.jpg

Reactions: Radford212, Scotty75, NevMan and 4 others
Just ordered some Poorboys Black Hole and Natty's paste wax to give our black A3 S-line some love and attention. £37 on Ebay, hopefully its as good as ive heard......

Reactions: NevMan
Just ordered some Poorboys Black Hole and Natty's paste wax to give our black A3 S-line some love and attention. £37 on Ebay, hopefully its as good as ive heard......

Nice scotty75, heard good tho ha about black hole.

Reactions: Scotty75
Legal Number Plates. All, slightly off topic, but what are your thoughts/suggestions? My car has the dealer plates meeting mounted directly in car no surround but obviously the dealer name and P.O.

Been thinking about:

A) replace with legal plates and maybe Audi Sport surrounds
B) replace with better quality plates no surround
C) replace with aluminium pressed which could be same as B)
D) replace with gel plates - really not sure on this one.
E) leave as is.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome

1fae259aff9bedddc377d652658d8e47.jpg

Reactions: Audib5fan
Legal Number Plates. All, slightly off topic, but what are your thoughts/suggestions? My car has the dealer plates meeting mounted directly in car no surround but obviously the dealer name and P.O.

Been thinking about:

E) leave as is.

They ain’t bad plates to be fair matey, you could try chrome or like you suggested A

Been thinking about:

E) leave as is.

A. Here’s mine before and after.

ec5c9ca0dec6d5ac340fa579bfc4adb8.jpg
ef7de804111990ebd764686ad2cbf0d6.jpg

Reactions: Audib5fan and NevMan
They ain’t bad plates to be fair matey, you could try chrome or like you suggested A

An option I have read elsewhere is that easy to cut off the www.inchcape “tab” and then just fit in Audi sport surround, but issue I see is that surround would mount to car and then plates would have mounting holes in them.

But maybe I am just looking to change something that isn’t really needed.

An option I have read elsewhere is that easy to cut off the www.inchcape “tab” and then just fit in Audi sport surround, but issue I see is that surround would mount to car and then plates would have mounting holes in them.

Ah right well it’s kind of personal preference if it’s something you want doing I would change them up, I got private reg on my a3 maybe look at one of those if you haven’t already got one but I get what you are saying with the not needed bit

Be interested to see the outcome - especially with the Nattys wax.
I use Black hole on mine.

Last week, I gave it a bit of loving:
Day 1 - wash, rinse & clay
Day 2 - Poorboys SSR2.5 machine polish
Day 3 - Poorboys SSR1 machine polish
Day 4 - Black hole applied with machine then BSD :) over the top

It was my first go with the DA so I'm sure the results will be better next time.
Quite pleased with my first attempt tho...

Img1
Img2

Reactions: Audib5fan, Scotty75, V6_Man and 1 other person
Be interested to see the outcome - especially with the Nattys wax.
I use Black hole on mine.

Last week, I gave it a bit of loving:
Day 1 - wash, rinse & clay
Day 2 - Poorboys SSR2.5 machine polish
Day 3 - Poorboys SSR1 machine polish
Day 4 - Black hole applied with machine then BSD :) over the top

It was my first go with the DA so I'm sure the results will be better next time.
Quite pleased with my first attempt tho...

View attachment 155948 View attachment 155949
very tidy indeed, and excellent condition and obv. shine...shine clearly sorely down to the BSD...lol

Reactions: mikep99 and Audib5fan

ok, so here is what I am doing:

- Ordered Audi Sport surround via link from @BarryG79 (Cardiff Audi)
- Ordered new rear plate from Demon Plates, gone with GB plate, and added Audi & dealer postcode to comply.

I have read that front surround plays havoc with parking sensors (on Q5) so will leave that for now, but probably end up doing similar front plate without surround

Attachments

• reg.jpeg
    reg.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 142

- Ordered new rear plate from Demon Plates, gone with GB plate, and added Audi & dealer postcode to comply.

I have read that front surround plays havoc with parking sensors (on Q5) so will leave that for now, but probably end up doing similar front plate without surround

Nice one bud will look good make sure you put some BSD on them to make them shine

Black hole is awesome stuff. Some lady scuffed my old lava grey B7 door with her bumper and I went mental (as you do) she said she’d pay for any respray etc. Once I got home I used Meguires Scratch X and finished off with Black Hole and the stuff and light scratches were non existent !

I sent her the images of the before and after and she was relieved to say the least. - so was I to be fair

now that is an absolute given :highly amused:

Haha top man don’t want you forgetting, ordered my new longer hose but ups man took it back to depot place so I got to go collect it now ☹️

****** delivery people...arrrggghhh

****** delivery people...arrrggghhh

Yeah annoying ain’t it Would be nice if karcher pressure washer came with better hose bit but only like 5m and always tangles lol so had to be done

Good stuff, but you shouldn’t need to add Audi and dealer postcode. The company supplying plates should have their name and postcode on it and relevant British Standard number, that’s all that’s required.

Yep, get em off eBay with next to nothing on them but legit all the same

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audib5fan and BarryG79
Good stuff, but you shouldn’t need to add Audi and dealer postcode. The company supplying plates should have their name and postcode on it and relevant British Standard number, that’s all that’s required.

Fair shout on the Audi and Post code, just read FAQ that they display details 2.5mm in height, which will probably be covered by surround anyway

Reactions: Audib5fan and BarryG79
Fair shout on the Audi and Post code, just read FAQ that they display details 2.5mm in height, which will probably be covered by surround anyway

b47dd33dff60a0615c59e4aac62ad876.jpg

Mine has it just above the surround, but you hardly see it.

Reactions: NevMan and Audib5fan
b47dd33dff60a0615c59e4aac62ad876.jpg

Mine has it just above the surround, but you hardly see it.

Thanks again for the link, pics or yours and advice, much appreciated

Reactions: BarryG79
machine polisher and all the bits and bats with our man @jassyo06 recommends, just need to pay another visit to ragcompany and decide on a coating

ready to correct and have an all around clean up....possible wedding duties and the end of June

machine polisher and all the bits and bats with our man @jassyo06 recommends, just need to pay another visit to ragcompany and decide on a coating

ready to correct and have an all around clean up....possible wedding duties and the end of June
oyeah, and all the decon stuff, iron, tar....any recommendations on clay? mitt, bar....what you all reckon

Gonna order some cloths for them dirty jobs as noticed i ain’t got no cheap ones left

Bilt hamber soft didn't do mine any harm.
Probs the first time it's been done in 11 years..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the link, pics or yours and advice, much appreciated

Phew, managed to get number plate design amended to remove Audi and postcode Thanks again

Reactions: BarryG79 and Audib5fan