What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Has anyone used Autobrite direct "Elegance" detailing spray?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Cheers mr Jassey it's not long now!
edit..............
Just watched the video - not sure I agree
First comment That guy would NEVER wash my car - rubbing sh - t into the paint on a dry cloth!!!!!!!!! first commandment :- its wet or clean before you touch it.
I don't buy wax, nor think its better because its in a nice bottle on the shelf (what???) - I buy it to protect the paint and look better, Autoglym won hands down IMHO look at the colour and the beading.
If its better I will pay a little more as well,

As usual with utube, yer pays yer money and makes yer own choice.

I think I will try the Autobrite and report back. As I have no confidence in this guys "tests" , you never quite know who gave him the most freebies!!!!!!

sorry.......... an old cynic !!!!

Last edited:
Well, I had an opportunity to test the Autobrite detailer independently today - (I bought all the stuff! myself)
My sons Caddy ( I Know!!) was due for return, and believe me they are fussy!
The Caddy is 7 months old and has done 8000 miles (been to Switzerland for 3 months!) and has been washed once!
Washday 1
So, I decided to test out my new snow cannon ( Hermes delivered today), the Autobrite Foam (delivered yesterday)and the Autobrite detailer (bought yesterday)
so the snow canon bought off the internet was
Foam canon
and I used it with
Washday 2
wait 10 mins
quick wash with a mitt then jet washed the soap off
applied the 'detailer' with a microfiber cloth, turned the cloth and buffed
Washday 3
Amazing
As I said this is the first time I have used a detailer and took the opportunity to use it on the Caddy before using it on my car and haven't got any long term results but can't wait now.
I have to say that the results are a maze zing !!!!! it's not clear on the low res photos here but the surface has a deep gloss is smooth and looks a quality job. It was easy to use - too easy!
My son said that the car was too good to return and that the inspectors would be suspicious that he was trying to cover something up!!
Questions that come to mind are :-
What do you get if you spend more on a snow cannon?
Are the foam additives different?
What would the results have been like if I had bought the Autoglym detailer in the post above?
these and more questions will be answered in time I suppose.

Reactions: V6_Man
just had an email from Clean and Shiny advertising 15% discount for the Bank Holiday weekend - ordered some Gtech C5, CarPro TarX and some Eagle Edgeless microfibres:yum:

Some new Gyeon products I am going to give a go:

Will post once I have got then, and then tried, as generally a big fan of Gyeon (as some of you know) ;-)
I tried to purchase some of the new gyeon wax this morning but cleanyourcar website was very slow either that it was my ****** phone personally l can't see past bilt hamber wheel cleaner myself mate
Restart looks a good un for ceramics though

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
I tried to purchase some of the new gyeon wax this morning but cleanyourcar website was very slow either that it was my ****** phone personally l can't see past bilt hamber wheel cleaner myself mate
Restart looks a good un for ceramics though

I tend to use Iodetail nowadays as they are brilliant on delivery, and don’t charge if over £35. They don’t have all the stuff in yet. Yes, BH is what I use too, but figure why not try this as I am yet to be disappointed with Gyeon products tbh, bathe+, SF, interior detailer, ceramic, tyre cleaner etc.

Agree think the restart should be good and as you know I have the Pure coating

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
I tend to use Iodetail nowadays as they are brilliant on delivery, and don’t charge if over £35. They don’t have all the stuff in yet. Yes, BH is what I use too, but figure why not try this as I am yet to be disappointed with Gyeon products tbh, bathe+, SF, interior detailer, ceramic, tyre cleaner etc.

Agree think the restart should be good and as you know I have the Pure coating
Read into the Gyeon wax and its a BIG NO 30 minute curing time not got that much time to let a wax cure think i'll go with Mohs&Pure use the Mohs only especially at the front/lower sides/rear of the car....not the roof as both together are a massive beading monster so rain water can easily be burnt in to the paint.....We have a infestation of nesting birds around this year it's relentless got to be seen to be believed mate cars/houses and pavements saturated with ****...i'll leave my car over at my mums next week when l use her car....not leaving it here...as l stay at mums during the week .When l drove home into the drive and saw what l did just could'nt believe it l must have pressure washed at least 50 shits off Avril's car same with my mums and that's just one days worth as Avril has been blasting **** it off everyday.....2 hours later its the same...

Reactions: Kayobong, NevMan and V6_Man
that has got to be so annoying...solution...air rifle or bird of prey mate :whistle2:

that has got to be so annoying...solution...air rifle or bird of prey mate :whistle2:
Lol it is what it is mate managed to give the car its second wash since l got it water traps everywhere especially the rear tailgate and the front bumper and grill will be a nightmare to ceramic coat this car
891f38a05c3b180aaa4441fd634a8ee7.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, SPIKE_ and NevMan
Lol it is what it is mate managed to give the car its second wash since l got it water traps everywhere especially the rear tailgate and the front bumper and grill will be a nightmare to ceramic coat this car
891f38a05c3b180aaa4441fd634a8ee7.jpg

Get that air blower I got from Amazon to sort your trapped water. Mines been great, works so good on wheel nut holes, door shut and mirrors.
On another note I think your dodgy birds have migrated to my side of the Scotland. Went to take the wee in to a class this morning and found bird crap all over the car, even on the wheels and some ran into the gaps between the tailgate and body. Completely disgusting!!
Had to spend 10 minutes hosing the car down before going to the class. Now I got patches all over the car that doesn’t beed water where the bird shits been.

Reactions: NevMan
Get that air blower I got from Amazon to sort your trapped water. Mines been great, works so good on wheel nut holes, door shut and mirrors.
On another note I think your dodgy birds have migrated to my side of the Scotland. Went to take the wee in to a class this morning and found bird **** all over the car, even on the wheels and some ran into the gaps between the tailgate and body. Completely disgusting!!
Had to spend 10 minutes hosing the car down before going to the class. Now I got patches all over the car that doesn’t beed water where the bird shits been.
we have endured this since the start of May mate it's not amusing in the slightest those wee barstewards where relatively quiet this morning because of the cold weather worst time Dawn and Dusk....so i'll be expecting my car to be covered in **** in the next hour or so

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE
we have endured this since the start of May mate it's not amusing in the slightest those wee barstewards where relatively quiet this morning because of the cold weather worst time Dawn and Dusk....so i'll be expecting my car to be covered in **** in the next hour or so

Been in this house for 6 years and never had this. They are ruining the lawn as well as they are pecking at something in the grass.
Don’t want to become one of those weird neighbours that cleans their car in the rain which I was close to the other day.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Been in this house for 6 years and never had this. They are ruining the lawn as well as they are pecking at something in the grass.
Don’t want to become one of those weird neighbours that cleans their car in the rain which I was close to the other day.

And there is an issue cleaning the car in the rain?

Reactions: AlS3BE and Jassyo06
The main culprits around our house/estate are Starlings swarms of them never had as many before

Reactions: AlS3BE, NevMan and Adam14
The main culprits around our house/estate are Starlings swarms of them never had as many before
I hate to tell you. You must be doing something right. They are in general decline as a species

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I hate to tell you. You must be doing something right. They are in general decline as a species

Won't loose any sleep over that issue mate as bad as Gulls

Reactions: AlS3BE and NevMan
Parking under a Wood Pigeon roost isn't much fun either....

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Just got back from visiting a mate who has the same problem, he has starlings nesting in his eves, my reaction would be expanding foam!!!!!!!!

Just got back from visiting a mate who has the same problem, he has starlings nesting in his eves, my reaction would be expanding foam!!!!!!!!

I found my problem is they have been nesting in my neighbours gutters right in the corner/end part, my car/house must been in their normal flight path.
still trying to figure out why they pecking in my lawn. It’s ruined it.

It's not funny is it our windows and doors were covered In their dropping for weeks on end as l mentioned it has subsided a little to be honest the starlings ain't just a bad as gulls but both are pests
It’s subsided cause they moved over to the sunnier side of Scotland and it’s just starting over here.
gulls never bothered me around here cause they always hanging around the Macdonald’s and food places. I’m miles from any of them.

If you are getting the amount of rain we are getting 'down south' (Staffordshire) it will be washed off for you automatically. :grimacing:
I have a telegraph line which crosses over where I park and you wouldn't believe how often they use my car as a sand tray!!!

Reactions: AlS3BE and Jassyo06
I found my problem is they have been nesting in my neighbours gutters right in the corner/end part, my car/house must been in their normal flight path.
still trying to figure out why they pecking in my lawn. It’s ruined it.
You have probably got leatherjackets in your lawn and that's what they are after. If so it will be the leatherjackets ruining your lawn so they are doing you a favour

Reactions: AlS3BE
So ordered my first snow foam lance today, a autoglym polar blast gun. Just need to get some snow foam, it's either bilt hamber touchless or autoglym polar blast.

So after a quick wash done a full wash yesterday it was time to start correcting all the fine scratches and marring inflicted by the dealership the TT is more difficult to machine polish than the A3 Saloon with all its creases and curves in its panels its a work in progress
e55d7fc164c36c8dfa36f60f255bf540.jpg
592b45bce760c96a98de7410cf9fb86e.jpg
2e5d86ad1303920bc88f3ffec573900a.jpg

Reactions: Andy F, SPIKE_, DW81 and 5 others
So ordered my first snow foam lance today, a autoglym polar blast gun. Just need to get some snow foam, it's either bilt hamber touchless or autoglym polar blast.
Buy both and mix them together its a good combo you get the cleaning power of bilt hamber +the foaming of polar blast been using this combo for a wee while
acea336bb4c75b8f135a2c88716dafbd.jpg

Reactions: Andy F, Potterswheel, AlS3BE and 1 other person
So after a quick wash done a full wash yesterday it was time to start correcting all the fine scratches and marring inflicted by the dealership the TT is more difficult to machine polish than the A3 Saloon with all its creases and curves in its panels its a work in progress
e55d7fc164c36c8dfa36f60f255bf540.jpg
592b45bce760c96a98de7410cf9fb86e.jpg
2e5d86ad1303920bc88f3ffec573900a.jpg

Looking good mate, even if work in progress . My X3 M40i had quite a few creases

Looking good mate, even if work in progress . My X3 M40i had quite a few creases
All the exterior panels on the TT are small mate apart from the bonnet the XFE 7-15-150 struggles withe panels that much so l am selling one again it's been used for about an hour lol selling it with 6 new hex logic pads and 3 that's just been used ounce.... Gyeon pads the smaller xfe 7-12-80 is far more suited to TT....SO ANYONE OUT THERE lol interested in a bargain...PM me..lol

Reactions: NevMan
Buy both and mix them together its a good combo you get the cleaning power of bilt hamber +the foaming of polar blast been using this combo for a wee while
acea336bb4c75b8f135a2c88716dafbd.jpg

Good idea, might have to do that. Just waiting for deals on the touchless now

A dozen of these MF's

Got a recommend of some of my mates on DW :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Bishop187
A dozen of these MF's

Just brought these. Use code “10” for 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE, Bristle Hound and NevMan
A dozen of these MF's

Thanks Col, got myself a dozen too

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just brought these. Use code “10” for 10% off.

Would have helped if I clicked apply after entering the 10

• Haha
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Bishop187
A dozen of these MF's

Next day delivery. And for the price these are great

7d28700f2dcac8479c48a74267f173e7.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Next day delivery. And for the price these are great

7d28700f2dcac8479c48a74267f173e7.jpg