What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Thinking about buying some new Wax as my pot of PoorBoys has dried up and is now useless. Nearly out of Krystal Ceramic from Imran.

I've got a couple in mind . Autoglym HD Wax and Colinite Double Coat.

Any thoughts, experience or alternative suggestions ?

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Have heard good things about Collinite, but never used myself. @jassyo06 would recommend fireball fusion, but that is quite pricey I think. Have also heard good things about in2detailings ceramic crystal wax, and @ £19.96 including applicator pad, Korean zero edge M/F is worth a punt.

Reactions: Scotty75
What do you all reckon, got these from fleabay, as was contemplating trying on calipers. They are white

f50f2977c6aae9fe926deadcb64ca8f3.jpg

Reactions: Bulldog and Scotty75
Just coming to the end of my Krystal Ceramic Wax, it is pretty good but fancy trying something new .

I remember our Scottish guru mentioning Fusion Wax , I'd be minus me plums if I forked out £80 on that right now

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
What do you all reckon, got these from fleabay, as was contemplating trying on calipers. They are white

Imagine they'll look quite good . Saw these on the bay myself a while back . I just wonder if there durable enough . Be interested to see how they look . @Bulldog put some reflective Audi rings in his and they looked good

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog and NevMan
Just coming to the end of my Krystal Ceramic Wax, it is pretty good but fancy trying something new .

I remember our Scottish guru mentioning Fusion Wax , I'd be minus me plums if I forked out £80 on that right now

Sorry mate, missed that part of your post

Haha, fair enough, must protect plums

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Imagine they'll look quite good . Saw these on the bay myself a while back . I just wonder if there durable enough . Be interested to see how they look . @Bulldog put some reflective Audi rings in his and they looked good

Have also wondered about durability, but only a few squid, and if starts to peel could just rip off. I did see @Bulldog ‘s post, they did look quite good. I may decide at last minute or put one on and decide...not sure or sold on this yet

Reactions: Bulldog and Scotty75
Have also wondered about durability, but only a few squid, and if starts to peel could just rip off. I did see @Bulldog ‘s post, they did look quite good. I may decide at last minute or put one on and decide...not sure or sold on this yet
Nothing ventured and all that

Thinking about buying some new Wax as my pot of PoorBoys has dried up and is now useless. Nearly out of Krystal Ceramic from Imran.

I've got a couple in mind . Autoglym HD Wax and Colinite Double Coat.

Any thoughts, experience or alternative suggestions ?

I have been using collinite since getting my S3 and am more than happy with the results and durability. Was using Autoglym previously, not sure which one but it wasn't their HD wax.

Before I bought the Collinite I actually bought a pot of AG HD but sent it back after coming across and reading reviews on Collinite. Glad I did considering the cost difference.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
I have been using collinite since getting my S3 and am more than happy with the results and durability. Was using Autoglym previously, not sure which one but it wasn't their HD wax.

Before I bought the Collinite I actually bought a pot of AG HD but sent it back after coming across and reading reviews on Collinite. Glad I did considering the cost difference.
What's the durability and water repellency like wth the Colinite mate ?

What's the durability and water repellency like wth the Colinite mate ?

In my opinion excellent mate, although I am no expert and only have one other to compare with but it seems to leave a good layer of protection on the car. First year of using it I went 6 months between reapplying but topping up with a spray wax now and then and it was still doing its job. As I have been able to step up the frequency of washes this year I am aiming to reapply every 4 months.

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
@q5man decals on brake tend to last quite well I’ve always put them on my cars. Plus there only cheap & you could always replace them if they fade or get damaged.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, bigup and 1 other person
Nice - like it. But nearly 500 sheets for a pressure washer? Yowzers. I'd want a Butler included to carry it around for me at that price! I'm sure its a very nice bit of kit though. :thumbs up: Gotta love a good bungee strap!

Agree mate, they are not cheap, but so so quiet. Oil cooled and all that. But harah you need to make a base and bungee for something at this price point though

Reactions: Jimbob76
Ok, all my gear for project caliper paint is in. Torque wrench and wheel chocks...tools for life

67e29fe069a62311ddf155918e13a163.jpg

Reactions: Toonsoldier91, V6_Man, S32B and 3 others
Nice - like it. But nearly 500 sheets for a pressure washer? Yowzers. I'd want a Butler included to carry it around for me at that price! I'm sure its a very nice bit of kit though. :thumbs up: Gotta love a good bungee strap!
I bought it used so didn’t pay the full price

They last forever if maintained properly.

With the money I’ve spent on new trigger and quick connects, when this dies il be getting another!

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Ok, all my gear for project caliper paint is in. Torque wrench and wheel chocks...tools for life

Have that very same torque wrench mate - will tickle your nuts off no worries :whistle2:

A few tips:
1. Don't be tempted to use your new copper slip on the wheel nuts when you put your wheels back on - they are supposed to be dry tightened to the recommended torque setting.
2. Torque setting for the S3 is 120nm, but double check your manual for the correct torque setting for the Q5.
3. Remember to undo/release the torque setting on the wrench when you're finished and put it back in the box.
4. Wheel chocks a good purchase as well mate - cheap as chips, but added peace of mind. You've got all the 'safety first' bases covered now pal. Probably obvious but if you're lifting both wheels on one side, then one chock behind the rear wheel and one chock in front of the front wheel on the other side. If lifting both wheels on the front, or both on the rear, then both chocks on the tyres at the opposite end of the car. Like I said pretty obvious.
4. When you're letting the car down off the trolley jack, make sure the car is unlocked! I set the alarm's motion sensor off on mine the other week. Made me jump out of my skin just as I was trying to softly softly lower the car, lol. Felt like a right plum :blush:

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and NevMan
I bought it used so didn’t pay the full price

They last forever if maintained properly.

With the money I’ve spent on new trigger and quick connects, when this dies il be getting another!

Think you'll likely slip the mortal coil before that thing does pal. Family heirloom that!

Reactions: bigup
Have that very same torque wrench mate - will tickle your nuts off no worries :whistle2:

A few tips:
1. Don't be tempted to use your new copper slip on the wheel nuts when you put your wheels back on - they are supposed to be dry tightened to the recommended torque setting.
2. Torque setting for the S3 is 120nm, but double check your manual for the correct torque setting for the Q5.
3. Remember to undo/release the torque setting on the wrench when you're finished and put it back in the box.
4. Wheel chocks a good purchase as well mate - cheap as chips, but added peace of mind. You've got all the 'safety first' bases covered now pal. Probably obvious but if you're lifting both wheels on one side, then one chock behind the rear wheel and one chock in front of the front wheel on the other side. If lifting both wheels on the front, or both on the rear, then both chocks on the tyres at the opposite end of the car. Like I said pretty obvious.
4. When you're letting the car down off the trolley jack, make sure the car is unlocked! I set the alarm's motion sensor off on mine the other week. Made me jump out of my skin just as I was trying to softly softly lower the car, lol. Felt like a right plum :blush:

Thank you mate, and yes, won’t use copper slip on my nuts

I will probably do front 1st then back.
I will check what the setting should be, and thanks will make sure I release the torque setting, and unlock car before jacking/letting down. I did chuckle at that comment

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jimbob76

A few tips:
Ha ha ...... No:4

I did exactly the same ......dang that factory fitted alarm is loud

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

S line logo looks naff to be honest mate something along the lines of the Audi 4 circles or just a S would look better

All these tools... You'll soon have no money lol
I have all these types of tools at my disposal at work unlike most of you lot l am not a office Desk Jockey..... Lol l use my hands as well as my brain for my work lol
Oh by the way back home eventually care of a brand New Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner 6th time on these but this yin was brand new no swirls on the paint lol went 40 hours without sleep
They had to use a faster plane to get to us to save them from forking out tens of thousands of £££ on compensation for all the folks
My son washed my car for me coming home he actually done a great job
DSC 07132

Reactions: SPIKE_, V6_Man, Jimbob76 and 2 others
I have all these types of tools at my disposal at work unlike most of you lot l am not a office Desk Jockey..... Lol l use my hands as well as my brain for my work lol
Oh by the way back home eventually care of a brand New Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner 6th time on these but this yin was brand new no swirls on the paint lol went 40 hours without sleep
They had to use a faster plane to get to us to save them from forking out tens of thousands of £££ on compensation for all the folks
My son washed my car for me coming home he actually done a great job View attachment 182610
No desk jockey here Gas Main Layer, also known as miracle worker

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and OCDaveS4
My son washed my car for me coming home he actually done a great job View attachment 182610

Welcome back mate - your son did good! - yeah have to fess up to being a desk jockey, but try to make up for it by doing loads of DIY grunt work at the weekend lol !!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jimbob76 and Scotty75
No desk jockey here Gas Main Layer, also known as miracle worker

And I use my hands, banging on keyboards

Reactions: S32B, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Fair point @q5man - my pencil and ruler are pretty heavy too :tearsofjoy:

Respect :respekt: to @Scotty75 - that's major stuff !! Road outside our building has been closed for months with gigantic gas main work !

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Welcome back mate - your son did good! - yeah have to fess up to being a desk jockey, but try to make up for it by doing loads of DIY grunt work at the weekend lol !!!
DIY Grunt work = Car Detailing + the odd small DIY task :)

Reactions: Scotty75 and OCDaveS4
Amazon doing a good deal on K4.

fb8c60efecb497974e0d5be289b0dc7b.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76 and Scotty75
Amazon doing a good deal on K4.

Screwfix have the same deal this weekend, which is fortunate as the one I had delivered from the Karcher Outlet earlier this week turned out to be an incontinent basket case. First time I turned it on it immediately started leaking heavily from the hose connection in the hose reel. Poor show Karcher Outlet, and it’s going back for a full refund.

Picked up a new one (with 3 year warranty) from Screwfix last night on the way home from work for pretty much the same price, and this one actually works.

Ordered a longer 10m hose for the K4 and some Hose-eez from Amazon today...

FBC9DBB4 031C 47FC 89A7 C1592FD7263D

5F0573E3 AC54 4E39 9090 9B399C32D079

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Bristle Hound and 3 others
Screwfix have the same deal this weekend, which is fortunate as the one I had delivered from the Karcher Outlet earlier this week turned out to be an incontinent basket case. First time I turned it on it immediately started leaking heavily from the hose connection in the hose reel. Poor show Karcher Outlet, and it’s going back for a full refund.

Picked up a new one (with 3 year warranty) from Screwfix last night on the way home from work for pretty much the same price, and this one actually works.

View attachment 182692

View attachment 182691
Might get that hose too! The standard one means I have to keep picking up the unit and moving it about so I can reach the front of the car, 10m would be a lot easier that's for sure. Will wait to see how you find that hose!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jimbob76

View attachment 182692

View attachment 182691
@Jimbob76 - Thanks for the heads up for the 10m hose for the K4
& ordered :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75, Jimbob76 and 1 other person

View attachment 182692

View attachment 182691

****** hell, that is why I prefer buying new. That deal on Amazon been there for sometime, and as you say Screwfix and Wickes been doing it too.

Reactions: Adam14, Scotty75 and Jimbob76