What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Tyre dressing sponges are pants mate and why buy the soft wipe cloths as they're way over priced just thought l would say like lol besides you'll probably get this kit before l get my in2detailing kit which is pretty ****

I find the meguliars applicator works pretty well, but don’t want to use that for the Gyeon tyre coat. Just used a small sponge applicator the last few times and no issues, and dirt repellency of Gyeon is pretty good especially considering I live along a ****** dirt track.

ddd5c0106e1a2e613c778a7f4174e415.jpg

And yes, this is arriving tomorrow mate via DPD

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
I find the meguliars applicator works pretty well, but don’t want to use that for the Gyeon tyre coat. Just used a small sponge applicator the last few times and no issues, and dirt repellency of Gyeon is pretty good especially considering I live along a ****** dirt track.

ddd5c0106e1a2e613c778a7f4174e415.jpg

And yes, this is arriving tomorrow mate via DPD

Megs tyre dressing applicator hits off the rear arches of my car hence l binned it,in general it just feels awkward to use

Megs tyre dressing applicator hits off the rear arches of my car hence l binned it,in general it just feels awkward to use

I have a little more space between the arches lol. But find it works well on the JCW’s 45 profiles

Reactions: Jassyo06
Let the detailing season begin . I was slightly disappointed with TAC Systems Tire gel so decided to go with my trusted Megs. Apologies @jassyo06

7f5c43198387dc9db48d43442873f3f3.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Adam14
Let the detailing season begin . I was slightly disappointed with TAC Systems Tire gel so decided to go with my trusted Megs. Apologies @jassyo06

Each to their own mate, it maybe even be tyre dependant ie some tyres take differently to some dressings Autoglyms high performance tyre gel is my fav big time at the moment but Megs is junk IMHO

Reactions: V6_Man
Did anyone get round to trying Feynlab tyre dressing ?

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Hey, he’s back So where is the RS6 performance Tash?

Megs works well on JCW, but for my Conti Shod Q5, I am really liking Gyeon Q2 Tire

Hey, he’s back So where is the RS6 performance Tash?

Megs works well on JCW, but for my Conti Shod Q5, I am really liking Gyeon Q2 Tire
That's the things l have used all sorts of tyre dressings and some adhere to different brands of tyres better than others, like l have 2 different types of pzeros on my car just now and the older set bonds better with most tyre dressings than the newer tyres

That's the things l have used all sorts of tyre dressings and some adhere to different brands of tyres better than others, like l have 2 different types of pzeros on my car just now and the older set bonds better with most tyre dressings than the newer tyres
agree, that is definitely the case. Pirelli's seem so easy to keep looking good

Valet Pro Formula 1 snow foam gets the thumbs up from me,high foaming,clings very well does'nt dry out quickly,smells nice,good cleanser,good value for money at £21

Reactions: Jimbob76
Agree! AngelWax Vision all the way

Reactions: V6_Man
Autoglyms fast glass is guff

Never had any issues and tbh, it cleans the glass better than many that I have use. I will order Anglewax along with Moonlight as I am planning on coating the A3 hopefully next week.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Morning chaps.

Interior detail done on the A3 last weekend , to some time I have to say but the AngelWax products ........ Cracking ! Used Absolution , Heaven For Leather and AnGEL. All very good products.

AnGEL left all day and trim a lovely matte finish . Absolution is totally mustard , brught carpets and fabric up nicely with little effort. Heaven For Leather really brought the leather back to life . Money well spent. Should of taken some photos really .

So getting ready for a 2 stage polish this Saturday . Got the car to myself for the day . Going to wash and clay . Then use Scholl S3 Gold XXL and an thinking about using Sonax Perfect Finish for stage 2 . £16.95 for 250ml , tad pricey so just wondered what you chaps think . Is it with its money ? Sugestions and advice welcome .

Reactions: NevMan
Morning chaps.

Interior detail done on the A3 last weekend , to some time I have to say but the AngelWax products ........ Cracking ! Used Absolution , Heaven For Leather and AnGEL. All very good products.

AnGEL left all day and trim a lovely matte finish . Absolution is totally mustard , brught carpets and fabric up nicely with little effort. Heaven For Leather really brought the leather back to life . Money well spent. Should of taken some photos really .

So getting ready for a 2 stage polish this Saturday . Got the car to myself for the day . Going to wash and clay . Then use Scholl S3 Gold XXL and an thinking about using Sonax Perfect Finish for stage 2 . £16.95 for 250ml , tad pricey so just wondered what you chaps think . Is it with its money ? Sugestions and advice welcome .

Good to hear the products worked well @Scotty75 Particularly please as I bought some AnGEL in last order but yet to use, as still a bit of the Autofinesse interior spray left.

Will let some of the polishing experts comment on polish

Reactions: Scotty75
Good to hear the products worked well @Scotty75 Particularly please as I bought some AnGEL in last order but yet to use, as still a bit of the Autofinesse interior spray left.

Will let some of the polishing experts comment on polish
AnGEL leaves a really nice finish and smell . Directions say to use sparingly but I found that you still need to use s reasonable amount . A big improvement over the Armourall that I used previously .

Reactions: NevMan
Forgot to mention , also used a Bilt Hamber Aircon Bomb as the Aircon in the A3 was a little smelly at times. Slight musty smell on occasions, even the we had an Aircon service last summer. Got to say, very effective . Smell completely gone though it did also wipe out my hanging Angelwax air freshener . Would definitely recommend that product .

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Forgot to mention , also used a Bilt Hamber Aircon Bomb as the Aircon in the A3 was a little smelly at times. Slight musty smell on occasions, even the we had an Aircon service last summer. Got to say, very effective . Smell completely gone though it did also wipe out my hanging Angelwax air freshener . Would definitely recommend that product .

I have been using Chemical Guys New Car smell for the last few years and recently came across this while in a friend's car. I have never been found of those hanging trees but this is an absolutely amazing scent. Would highly recommend

d76ecd62bb4ae33fdf4543019aafbd2b.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Dunedin, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Morning chaps.

Wouldn't use both the S3 Gold and perfect finish together tis either one or the other
S3 gold xxl + S20
Sonax perfect finish is a one step compound its got a high cut rating of 4/6
Gloss is rated 6/6 so there's no need use another polish afterwards
I personally would just go with the Sonax and save yourself a lot of work mate

Reactions: A4A4, Scotty75 and NevMan
Wouldn't use both the S3 Gold and perfect finish together tis either one or the other
S3 gold xxl + S20
Sonax perfect finish is a one step compound its got a high cut rating of 4/6
Gloss is rated 6/6 so there's no need use another polish afterwards
I personally would just go with the Sonax and save yourself a lot of work mate
Thanks for the reply mate . That sounds like a good shout. To be fair I've still got some XXL and some S20 but the thought of doing a single stage polish is a winner. Take it the Sonax is to dog then ? What do you recommend pad wise mate ? Bonnet only needs a once over , roof also . Wings aren't too bad , doors could do with some attention as could the rear bumper.

I've got a couple of hex greens and a couple of quantum orange and a white hex logic knocking around .

Thanks for the reply mate . That sounds like a good shout. To be fair I've still got some XXL and some S20 but the thought of doing a single stage polish is a winner. Take it the Sonax is to dog then ? What do you recommend pad wise mate ? Bonnet only needs a once over , roof also . Wings aren't too bad , doors could do with some attention as could the rear bumper.

I've got a couple of hex greens and a couple of quantum orange and a white hex logic knocking around .

Green pads mate Sonax cuts quick you'll see the gloss come through as it dimishises .. . .. Love the stuff

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Morning chaps.

+1 for the Sonax polish. Used it 3 weeks ago and was amazed with the results.

Sonax it is then . Got to order some IPA too. Then just to decide between using the last of my Crystal Ceramic Wax or to use some Natty's black wax to finish the job off

Reactions: NevMan and A4A4
Natty's black paste wax for yours

I have been using Chemical Guys New Car smell for the last few years and recently came across this while in a friend's car. I have never been found of those hanging trees but this is an absolutely amazing scent. Would highly recommend

d76ecd62bb4ae33fdf4543019aafbd2b.jpg
@Tashfeen - Been using the California Scents air fresheners for 4+ years now
After a bit of experimenting my fave id the same as yours, Coronado Cherry
I get around 3 months out of one. Find them a bit over powering when new but they settle quickly down quickly enough

When I've finished with them I break small parts up (of the air freshener bit on the inside) & put a few at a time in the Dyson hoover cylinder. The heat from the hoover keeps the hoover smelling nice

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Scotty75
I have never used a car freshener full stop there's still a slight waft of newness left plus a hint of Chanel eau de toilet... ....... water from my cars interior besides air fresheners don't agree with my sinuses lol

Cherry-pick item coming soon to try.

Planet polish, wheel seal & shine.

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Scotty75
Cherry-pick item coming soon to try.

Planet polish, wheel seal & shine.
@A4A4 - You'll love it :thumbs up:
3 coats with 20 mins curing time between coats will give you great durability
Just ask Nev @q5man ;):D

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man and NevMan
Ordered some kit for the upcoming weekend polish . Looking forward to trying out the Sonax Profline
3c6d348fd1a6239100ba14049f20f3d6.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, A4A4 and NevMan
@Tashfeen - Been using the California Scents air fresheners for 4+ years now
After a bit of experimenting my fave id the same as yours, Coronado Cherry
I get around 3 months out of one. Find them a bit over powering when new but they settle quickly down quickly enough

I should've asked earlier then mate. I bought it for both the cars, didn't open it completely for a week as I agree that it was a bit over-powering in my friend's car. It is however settled after a week's use.

When I've finished with them I break small parts up (of the air freshener bit on the inside) & put a few at a time in the Dyson hoover cylinder. The heat from the hoover keeps the hoover smelling nice

Great idea - I will try it :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and AlexA4Avant
Thanks @Bristle Hound will give this a go. Must admit was not expecting to do 3 coats, guess that will be the whole bottle then?
@A4A4 - You'll find you only need a tiny amount per wheel
Try using small amounts at first. You will be surprised how far it actually goes
My first bottle lasted over 4 years lol

Reactions: A4A4
Seems to get very good reviews online.

Currently been using lambs wool so thought I will try the Kent and use the lambs wool to take the excess water off before towel drying.

IMG 20190416 094153

@A4A4 - You'll find you only need a tiny amount per wheel
Try using small amounts at first. You will be surprised how far it actually goes
My first bottle lasted over 4 years lol

Wow, if it last me that long then it going to be great value!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
That sinking feeling when you know you've forgotten something on your order ........

Clay bar , damn it ! Knew there was something and now my order has dispatched. Oh well off to Halfords then

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
That sinking feeling when you know you've forgotten something on your order ........

Clay bar , damn it ! Knew there was something and now my order has dispatched. Oh well off to Halfords then

Few times I've forgotten something I've emailed them and they shipped it out for free and I just paid for the goods. Decent customer service.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk