What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
What Detailing / Car care products have you bought today?

Me? Some Bouncer's Salute The Fruit Waxstock edition wax :thumbs up:

2564lmu.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, voorhees, Sandra and 2 others
Went to local Halfords and got some Meguiars endurance tyre gel & some AutoGlym rubber & trim spray. Didn't get to use as A) weather is proper un-nice in Gtr Manchester B) Had some other stuff to do. First weekend since I discovered this detailing bit of the site that I haven't been out spraying/scrubbing/drying/polishing/sweating the motor.... Feel like a smackhead when run out of gear :cold::puke::sorrow:

Reactions: NevMan, Djs3saloon and Sandra
Got a 5L bottle of bilt hamber auto snow foam, valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner and dodo juice acrylic spritz spray sealant to top up the lsp between washes. Would highly recommend the dodo juice spray sealant!

Reactions: Simon Lowe and NevMan
Just arrived this morning, Valet PRO, Citrus pre wash, great cleaning product.
JG

Reactions: Drexyl, Keef and Bristle Hound
I want to get my wheels clean, so have some IronXPro and 854Wax arrived yesterday.
At least I would only need a few hours good weather for each wheel...
:playful:

Quick picture after using bilt hamber auto foam for the first time. Very impressed by its cleaning!
IMG 9090

Reactions: NevMan, Daytonapig and Scottyg
Reactions: NevMan, Scottyg, JG51 AUD and 1 other person
I gone for Chemical guys product, Its a first time i will be cleaning my car in that much detail & i have been watching loads of videos on you tube so let see wish me luck!! , I will post pictures soon.

Attachments

• cleaning.jpeg
    cleaning.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 673
Reactions: NIKLDN, Pavloc, NevMan and 2 others
I have some "Dodo Juice Red Mist" on the way! :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Because of Bristle Hound I have some Valet Pro Citrus pre wash on it's way to me. :)

Reactions: NevMan
With the totally pants weather up here and my back going downhill fast, my local hand car wash did mine today. They are the only people I let wash it apart from me. And a good job they did. Only had to use them 5 times since I bought my A3 and never put a swirl or mark on it. :friends:

Ps I have some CarPro Cquartz UK edition and CarPro Reload on it way.

Thought I'd give Gyeon Q2M Cure ago since everyone is always on about it :)

Collinite 915. Bit optimistic as to weather(pun alert) I'll get to use before summer :puke2:

Dropped a bundle on Slims,

Auto Finesse wash mitt

Woolly Mammoth drying towel

Citrus Pre Wash

Pro Pump sprayer

Microfibre cloths

Wheel brush

More stuff to follow soon!

A nice lambs wool wash mitt. I'm determined to clean that filthy motor car before next week. By gosh I dislike winter.

When I was a poor student I used shoe polish to shine my tyres. Is that weird? lol!

Placed my first order with 'Slims' for some chemical guys 'after wash drying aid'

I bought a Wookie wash mitt the really big one. It arrived on Saturday and the wife thought it was a bit weird and funny that I was sat on the couch combing my Wookie....! :)

Reactions: Jimbob76
I'm usually a bucket and sponge with triple wax (because it was on offer) and dry it off then showroom shine after. But now Iv got my b7 phantom black pearl I think I need to up my game and need educating. Any help guys?
P.s I don't have a pressure washer...yet lol

Autosol and 0000 wire wool... Exhaust tips are a right mess after just 700 miles

Brought some more rinse aid off slims and some honey dew snow foam.

New really used chemical guys before but there videos on youtube are impressive so ill give them ago

I'm usually a bucket and sponge with triple wax (because it was on offer) and dry it off then showroom shine after. But now Iv got my b7 phantom black pearl I think I need to up my game and need educating. Any help guys?
P.s I don't have a pressure washer...yet lol
I know the feeling. I've the same colour in an A4 b8.5. When it's clean it's great, however shows every mark. I've used Blackfire Polish and Seal on it. It's really good but I've fine swirls which can really be seen under fluorescent light. When the weather picksup I intend doing a paint correction on it using a da polisher and meguairs ultimate compound. Will then use the Blackfire p&s again. One product I did use recently was Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer. The beading is unreal. Used it as a drying aid, a light spray on each panel and wipe off. The results are epic. Few videos on YouTube regarding this product. Eurocarparts have great deals on the Sonax range. Free shipping. Check it out. I bought a few products, glass cleaner, interior spray. German technology you can't beat it. . The detailer gets brilliant results even thou my car needs correction. After that all I can say is the two bucket wash, pre foam (bilthamber autofoam) works wonders and try to keep the swirls away.Think a pressure washer is a must for the prewash, get as much dirt of before touching the paint with shampoo. Drying aswell ( difficult unless indoors) will reduce any water spots. The joys of a black car

Reactions: James.c
Sorry got a bit side tracked there, 5lt bilthamber autofoam, Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer spray,Sonax glass cleaner, Sonsax interior spray Matt , microfibres from fleabay, valet pro dragons breath wheel cleaner, rain x for windscreen and some meguairs gold glass shampoo. Just need some nice weather this spring.

Reactions: James.c
Looks like I need to up my game! Haha cheers for the suggestions mate

I've shelves and drawers full of stuff (just like you BH) so not bought anything for a while.
But I do need some more water filters.................

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Treated myself to some different wax as I'm getting towards the end of the R222 wax I've been using on my Daytona Grey A3. Missus thought I'd gone nuts when i told her the price and couldn't believe it when I told her the price of other waxes. Prob use it next month.

Two bottles of Zymol Clear.

By far the best car shampoo I've ever used. OK its expensive but used sparingly it doesnt leave white marks on the paintwork if it dries. What little marks may occur disappear quite quickly.

http://www.vertar.com/car-care-exterior/wash/zymol-clear-auto-bathe/

A review........ (not mine)

here is a review on zymol clear that I did. I know its not sold by AG, however i hope this ok. If not please delete and accept my appolgise. this is in no way ment to start a war or casue problems

Well its review time again, i appolgize for my tardiness on this one but it happens.
So here is my review on Zymol clear (car wash soap)

Product: Zymol Clear

Price/Size: I went with the 8.5oz to try, it was $24USD.

smell: It was lemon scented, it was a very nice smell. I really liked this one

Directions (paraphrased):Add a small amount to a bucket and add water, it will foam up. (like any other soap)

How I used: I filled a 5gallon bucket about 3/4 the way up (im not a huge fan of suds). I then added a cap full of Zymol clear).
This was prob. about 1/4 of an oz, so really not much. Tops 1/2 and oz. It it works out to be only a few bucks a wash which is on par with many other soaps that required 4 oz per wash.
I then filled the rest of the bucket with water.
Holy suds batman, this stuff foamed up really well.

Then i stuck my hand it to see how slick it was. WOW its like when you add alot of liquid soap to your hands and its super super slick. I was shocked

i then proceded to do a regular wash, top down ect.

Lubicity: I touched on this before but I cannot stress how slick this soap was. For the small amount I used I was more then shocked it was amazing. It was slicker then anything i have used, including the optimum wash (which to this date was the cats meow, nothing better, untill zymol)

After effects: All i had protecting my paint was 3 month old megs 16, the shine was startinig to go but the paint was still protected so i want worried until midterms where done.
After washing and drying with a cobra WW drying towel the car was super shiney. Very similar to what alot of QD's do. It almost looked like the paint was just waxed with the VW concours (very deep with a nice shine)

Finial thoughts: I love this soap, its expensive to buy to try but wow it is super slick and leaves the paint looking and feeling awsome. There is nothing at the same level.
Also if you look at the amount used per wash this is not much (if at all) more expensive then any other soap. Its weird but the truth.
I would give this soap 4.5/5 (only loose the .5 becasue it dosent come larger then 16 oz and the bottle is expensive)

Well theres my review, any comments or questions would be grealty appricated. (actully i love them good or bad).

Well thanks for reading

2 larger buckets so that my grit guards fit. Bilt hamber clay bar - regular. Also ordering bilt hamber auto wheel cleaner soon. Bilt hamber recommended by a detailing friend.

Need to get a wax and polish. Any recommendations?

2 larger buckets so that my grit guards fit. Bilt hamber clay bar - regular. Also ordering bilt hamber auto wheel cleaner soon. Bilt hamber recommended by a detailing friend.

Need to get a wax and polish. Any recommendations?

I would have a look at Bouncers or Obsession wax. Both do some fantastic waxes.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
2x 15ltr buckets with grit guards, 1 auto finesse deluxe drying towel, 1x Carpro merino wash mitt, Valetpro PH neuteral snow foam, and lance. Just wtg for delivery of new S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06
2x20L buckets to replace my old ones, 5l 1900:1 CarChem shampoo while it was on offer and 5l IPA ready for the final stage of paint correction...whenever I get round to doing that. Oh also got a test sample of AutoGlym Rinse Gloss to review so looking forward to trying that out :)

@DrEskimo - You'll love the CarChem 1900:1 shampoo. I have a litre (well probably less now) of it in 3 different flavours!
I played around with dilute ratio's & found that 10ml of shampoo per 10 litres of water was optimal for me

Reactions: DrEskimo
@DrEskimo - You'll love the CarChem 1900:1 shampoo. I have a litre (well probably less now) of it in 3 different flavours!
I played around with dilute ratio's & found that 10ml of shampoo per 10 litres of water was optimal for me

Good stuff :)

I went for Bilberry, although I should of gone for 1lt rather than 5! Going to last me ****** years even at your 'generous' dilution ratio!!

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06