What colour should i go for (Wheel Refurb)?

Herbsta1c

Reaction score
Hi guys, any ideas on this would be much appreciated. thinking matt black with a red lip?

i think these are the BBS CH wheels if anyone needs to know - looking forward to hear your ideas.

simforder

Hi there, welcome the ASN. I can't see your pic, but love BBS CH's.

oh yeah - sorry pal, how do i insert a web picture or copy a picture into my thread, so sorry for this - newbie as you can guess!

Thank you image shack ;) - Guys here is my car - any ideas would be seriously appreciated.

Thank you image shack ;) - Guys here is my car - any ideas would be seriously appreciated.

Black out your mirrors, get tints, black out the side repeaters, lower it, get bi-xenons, lose the mud flaps, get my11 rear lights, loose the 'Sline' badge on the sides of the car, get the glossy 'B' pillars, and do the alloys in the colour you said as it will look unique :p :)

you did say Any ideas! :moa:

i sure did! lol thanks for the ideas mate. i am just looking to keep the cart as standard as possible however i would just like to get the wheels done - was thinking original colour but then i thought getting them done in this colour:

psproject.jpg
[/IMG]

i like the look of that...
but it looks like you dont have the same rim, as that has the 'motorsport' logo embossed into the wheel and the centre looks deeper than yours... still i think it would look good on yours... not too sure about the idea of black rims on a car that looks so standard... might look a little odd. the black mirrors and tints would compliment the alloys if they were done in matt black.

yeah i know - i love the engraving in the middle and yes they do look deeper. do you really think it would look odd if i left the rest of the car standard?

Yours look like the OEM Audi Pescaras, still made by BBS (I believe) and to the same design as the CH's, but as Ash says, not with the motorsport logo running round the inside. I found cheap BBS reps on Ebay in matte black with the red lip and I wouldn't want ppl to think your lovely OEM wheels were the same as these, if you did them in the black and red. Maybe the guy with the BMW bought these, lol.

18 BBS BLK RD CH Style Alloy AUDI A3 A4 A6 TT VW GOLF | eBay UK

its just my opinion... think about it and ask around for other thoughts... in the end its up to you. just trying to imagine it as you have in the picture with those coloured rims... would look good but like something is missing, get what i mean?

my fav red A3
3085506753_af55e873b0_b.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
lol yeah - i just found that pic on the net. oh i really don't know what to get - it is so difficult to choose. what does everyone think of high powered silver? or even the grey colour that Audi do on the new s3 wheels?

WOW - i love that colour on the wheels - does anyone know what colour that is? is that shadow chrome?

i like it, and it looks good with the brakes!
how about you photoshop it a little more and add in some black mirrors and black side repeaters with tints on windows!

only thing i just noticed is that the alloys you have dont show the brakes as well as the photoshop... you have to remember that alloys look better when there are big brakes behind them!
thats why the alloys on an R8 work well... they show the brake behind.
DSC00112.jpg

yeah i know - i posted straight after saying ignore the breaks lol - i will be getting my callipers done as well in like a titanium high gloss colour. do you think s line decals would look ok on the calipers? or audi decals?

do you really think so? i really don't know what to go for? would a brilliant silver lip look better do you reckon?

well its exactly the same as the colour with the red lip just has a silver lip instead! would red lip go better than brilliant silver lip?

thanks for all your ideas as well guys - appreciated

Mate just go for the red and black... in the end its just a refurb on the paint and not brand new alloys, if you dont like it you can change it again... i think it would work!

yeah your right! cool im going for it. pics will follow soon. cheers Ash (think thats your name lol)

Get the wheels done in titanium/anthracite with no lip. Wheels with a contrasting lip don't look right unless they are the lightweight Porsche ones on a Carrera GTS, Boxster spider or some other high end car. The lip will also make the wheels look smaller.

I really hate the lip trend that is going about at the moment. I really wanted black/anthracite BBS CH as posted above but couldn't get them without a stupid polished or coloured lip. I ended up getting my bog standard wheels refurbed in titanium instead.

Last edited:
i was thinking audi titanium as well - should i go with a matt finish or gloss finish?