What car to buy

Batesy16

Reaction score
I am looking at getting either an audi A4 or A6 estate, both are an S Line, the a4 is 8.5k on 110000k miles and the a6 is 10.5k on 105000k miles. both with full audi service history.

so i was just wondering what advice or information on these people might have. what should i look out for when going to look at them.

any info or advice would be much apprciated. thanks in advance. :arco:

What engines are you looking at? And what will the car be used for?

I think the A4 looks better but the A6 is a lot bigger. Depends what you want to use it for?

the A6 is the 2.7l, and the A4 is 2l. i want the larger car for room for the dog, so the boot space is important, will also be used for lugging snowboards and bikes around.

i am tempted by the A6 because of the extra speed it might have, but i do like the look of the A4.

have looked at the MPG figures, and there doesnt appear to be that much of a difference between them, but was just wondering how accurate these are.

A6 estate has loads more room than the A4. I looked at the size of the -4 & the -6 and plumped for the -6 based on my need to shift baby stuff, dog, bike etc.

brilliant i think i am going to opt for the A6 as well, has anyone modified theres at all. and how easy to do things to the engine. cos will be coming to it from a Focus ST so dont want to miss the performance to much.

my only other concern is high milage, normally this would put me off, but is a 100k on an 06 plate a lot, and should i be concerned about it. anything i should look out for??

the A6 is the 2.7l, and the A4 is 2l. i want the larger car for room for the dog, so the boot space is important, will also be used for lugging snowboards and bikes around.

Is that 2.0 and 2.7 diesel or petrol as both engine are available in both fuels I think.

I have and A4 Avant, and by the time you have a dog and a pushchair in the boot thats it really. You will obviously be using a roofrack for the boards and bikes? The A6 has a much bigger boot!

I would get the A6 if boot space is a priority for the Dog, it also has much more leg room for rear passengers, even consider a VW Passat, they are basically in between the A4 and A6, but it's not an Audi of course.