What car shall i get next?

Im not paying £400 PA on road tax. With regards to hondas in MK if you see one with a gold paint job with awesome paint flake, dont even bother ;) gt35 :faint:

Its a personal choice dude, go with what you want, I dont think Ill ever want an NA car though, boost is far too exciting.

Still dont know what he`s doing with that? You spoken to him recently? He used to pop up on Honda-Culture after months of being away, selling everything and then no sign of him again for months lol.

I`d go back to N/A but then i`ve never had a decent powered turbo car lol.

Theres something strangely addictive about tec though and theres nothing car wise thats better for releasing some stress. Takes every piece of abuse you can throw at it and loves it. After all you have to rag it to use the most out of tec :D Hearing that cross over especially with an open filter is an epic noise. Need to stop talking about Honda`s..makes me want another :( Also once you own a decent Honda with say a B16/B18 you`ll always end up coming back if you sell.

he's finished tucking the engine bay (fanny) so I think he's a few months off yet. I trying to spur him on.

I've never wanted to go back to 'tec and I always thought the B18 with filter etc sounded like somebody had a power drill buzzing away in the bulkhead, got boring after a while.

If you want a car that sounds epic and sounds like a real car should, get yourself an Alfa GTV V6 and fit a Ragazzon exhaust, that really is epic*

*I never said reliable..

Im not paying £400 PA on road tax. .

ur not paying £400 p/a on road tax cos urs is registered before 23rd march 06. after then it unlocks the higher bands - 445 and 460 p/a bands for cars with over 226g/km emissions. 255g/km + is the 460 band. but any car reg. before 23rd march 06 with emissions higher than 226g/km that should be in the higher bands are all put in band k which is 260 a year.

I've never wanted to go back to 'tec and I always thought the B18 with filter etc sounded like somebody had a power drill buzzing away in the bulkhead, got boring after a while.

If you want a car that sounds epic and sounds like a real car should, get yourself an Alfa GTV V6 and fit a Ragazzon exhaust, that really is epic*

*I never said reliable..

But its an Alfa so i`d rather take the bus plus i always thought the GTV looked pap. Liking the little comment underneath though lol.

But its an Alfa so i`d rather take the bus plus i always thought the GTV looked pap. Liking the little comment underneath though lol.

Yeah it was a hollow recomendation to be honest as i've never had one myself and i'm not sure I would, but my mate had one and it did sound like nothing else i've ever driven before, I can understand the addiction there. If I could just transplant that engine into another car...

Just buy a reliant robin and have done with it lol all this talk of hondas is makin me feel sick.

here, buy a Trophy, and it will hold its value alot better. quite rare, looks a fooking great little car if i do say so:
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used_cars/renault/renaultsport_clio/renault_clio_2_0_16v_renaultsport_182_trophy_3dr/106555

alternatively, buy a cheaper one, dont expect it to hold as much value, but get this colour because it is wicked cool innit!
| PistonHeads Classifieds

or even the newer 197 or 200 model, although theyre said to be not as quick (more bull****) and less involving. plus the smaller mk2 chassis is much better looking.

(im a big fan of renaultsports, incase you hadnt guessed, and my dad worls for renault so i get to experience most of them)

i love the megane sport too
| PistonHeads Classifieds

if theres one thing renault do well, its hot hatches. dont expect to get bored of these very quickly.

Last edited:
id only spend half your budget and bank the rest.

clio 182 cup

As it happens, my uncle went from having an 8l S3 for 3 years (I used to drool over it and thought I'd only ever have one in my dreams back then!) and after that he got himself a new Clio 182, and he's still got it, he loves it and has never kept a car for so long, and he could have pretty much any car he wanted.

Mods =can mean money down the pan as car buyers don't care.

Want a fast car? Buy one I.e 'cobalicadam' selling an S3 with minor mods then buying an RS4

182 sport with cup chassie, best of both worlds then, mods cons and great fun, driven my sister a few times, engine needs to be worked to get the most out of it, and its a lot smaller than an A3 thou, but its a hoot to drive, very go kart like. The trophey is a very capable car, bilstein shocks as standard iirc, and excellent recaros. I'd be more inclinded to go for the 197/200 or the megane 225 thou as there bigger cars. A friend has a 200 and has come from a civic type R, he syas the clio handles better, has better brakes, and is quicker midrange and overall, but he'd still say he loved the vtech kick. Interior materials of the 182 isnt as nice as the A3/S3 but its not as bad as topgear seems to make out. Always annoys me that they use to slate the renaults interior then go on about how good fords are even though there interiors are imo worse than renaults.

saves derailing anyones else's thread... lol

get one of these

Marauder-Top-Gear-Vehicle-Car3.jpg

Mk1 Focus RS
B4 S4
Mk4 R32
Z3 Coupe
Ibiza FR TDI
E46 330D
Fabia VRS
Octavia VRS
Mk5 Golf GTI
Polo GTI 1.8T

He's on about the TopGear Bugatti quote is it a Rover looool

Reactions: lippyrich
looool

im still thinkin about the R32 but gonna see how things pan out over the next few months and then go from there. :)

In my opinion the only good reason to buy an R32 is to stick a Milltek non-res on it and enjoy the noise. Or you look at turbo`ing it in the near future! Otherwise if you`re going to keep it N/A i wouldnt bother. But whatever tickles your fancy :)

Reactions: S3Lol
260bhp is plenty tho tbh cant see myself wanting much more than that considering mine is 190bhp at the moment a massive 70bhp increase is a fair bit for me and yeh the noise is one of the main reasons. Plus im sorting of fading away from modding for power now anyway as it just seems to create more problems for the car and my wallet lol

I know a bloke in Banbury who has a 'mint' low mileage blue R32 with leather. He's just purchased an A5 2.0TDi as a daily but couldn't decide if he wanted to past with the R.

I asked him out of curiosity how much he'd want for it and he said he's already had offers of £12k due to low mileage and condition :wtf:

I know they are nice looking cars, and I prefer the Mk4 to the 5, but I got less than that as trade in for my '07 S3 which was loaded and in reasonably good nick!

Feels like a properly good car though, so good choice if you take that route.

260bhp? They`re just under 240 as standard unless you mean after a remap and stuff?

260bhp? They`re just under 240 as standard unless you mean after a remap and stuff?

247 for a mk5 r32, pointless car to mod for power if you ask me - you'll spend loads of money on an exhaust and chip and be lucky to get 15 bhp out of it that works out to ovoer £100 per bhp lol