What car shall i get next?

he has not mentioned the track lol, sporty hondas are crap tin cans aimed at teenagers lol they feel terrible to drive, so erm, tin can like lol

lol at an old italian car - not worth it, trust me, mate had one for 6 months, it spent 2 months in the garage getting fixed, terrible!

and an rs4 for below 10k? only ones i've seen for that price either have something wrong with them or they have like 188,000 miles lol!

Your mate bought the wrong one then!
Post 2001 (when Ferrari bought Maserati) Ferrari addressed the 3200s reliablity problems, which were mainly suspension related if I remember rightly. It's still not going to be perfect and will be more expensive to fix than an S3 or Boxster, obviously, but you get a lot of car for the money!

B5 RS4s - how much time have you spent looking? If you go on the Audi SRS forum and pay attention you can see decent RS4s listed at £12k+ not selling, then being reduced to £11k, then a month later they're £10k... People just aren't buying 2.7 V6 Twin Turbos at the moment, so buyers are in a good position to haggle.

I always take depreciation in to account when buying a car too. Buy a B5 RS4 for lets say £12k and keep it in tip-top shape for a few years and you won't lose much on it. It's a future classic. Look at prices of RS2s for example...

Or you could buy a Mk5 R32 for the same money and spend maybe half as much on up-keep but lose several thousand more in depreciation...

Dave will you be returning the A3 to standard for sale?

If so I'd be interested in the Forge 007p DV and possibly your Induction kit.

yeh routledge i probably would. drop me a pm in a couple of months n ill let ya know.

my mate never had suspension problems, all his problems were electrical and they were expensive to fix every time, i'd avoid it like the plaque

i just paid 13,000 for an RS4, there are cheaper examples out there, BUT, there's generally a reason for it, it'll either have high mileage (way over 100,000) or need one of the following done soon

new brakes - £1,000
new tyres - £800
cambelt - £900
clutch - £700

when buying these kind of cars, seeing a car that's had the above carried out recently makes it worth the extra cash to be honest don't you think?

Cant believe I didn't consider the 350Z, not practical I know but that insurance is damn good.

servicing and repairs are expensive i noticed kaibo whilst doing a bit of research

So basically what can you afford and what are you happy to pay? It seems like there is an excuse for every car that has been suggested in this thread! It sounds like you'll be better off keeping hold of the A3.

So basically what can you afford and what are you happy to pay? It seems like there is an excuse for every car that has been suggested in this thread! It sounds like you'll be better off keeping hold of the A3.

the thing is with some people, they get really excited about seeing a car for a good price, but then forget that it still costs the same, if not more to maintain than when it was new.....

my work communte will be 8 miles there and back in the new job

but i havent looked beyond parkers and auto trader yet

mk5 r32 = slower than a mapped s3 8l, plus higher fuel consumption, plus unless you spend THOUSANDS of pounds on it, you'll be stuck with the same power output.......

Volvo C30 T5? Pretty rare and very quick 2.5T!
Gota be pretty damn tunable as well! Plus you can find them around your price tag.
Worth a punt for something a bit different?

mk5 r32 = slower than a mapped s3 8l, plus higher fuel consumption, plus unless you spend THOUSANDS of pounds on it, you'll be stuck with the same power output.......

could get an a3 2.0 T FSI Quattro They map to 260bhp dont they? stage 1?

I dont mind those volvos will have to cehck insurance

the remap on an r32 gives 15 bhp and some torque but makes it drive alot better anyway. 267bhp is nice and probs wouldnt want more than that anyway

Probably get slated for this boring and sensible option, pay 8k of your mortgage (assuming you have one), and then see increased disposable income each month to put towards mods on the A3

yea - the newer a3 would be a better bet to be honest and if you get a 200bhp version it'll map to 260 based on the amd site

a mapped c30 t5 will be pretty much on level with a mapped a3 tfsi 200

You better do the research Dave, mk5 R32 is a nice machine, but have you checked the cost of roadtax!? I'd be reluctant to pay 400+ for roadtax on a B7 RS4, but 400 for an R32 which really isn't that quick is just silly.

You better do the research Dave, mk5 R32 is a nice machine, but have you checked the cost of roadtax!? I'd be reluctant to pay 400+ for roadtax on a B7 RS4, but 400 for an R32 which really isn't that quick is just silly.

i didn't even think of that! that is ludicrous!

the OP needs to go older if he wants performance and similar running costs to his A3 - or just buy danes s3......

actually, if he gets one that was registered before 23 March 2006 he will be on the lower tax brake £260 i believe

actually, if he gets one that was registered before 23 March 2006 he will be on the lower tax brake £260 i believe

yeh i was lookin at 55 plates for this reason. Hmm i dunno this is very tough. 2.0 T would be pretty cool aswell but if im totally honest the older one looks better. What about mk5 GTI? but then id lose the 4wd but then do i really need it?

Remembering that you live in MK Dave so anything with a lot of power or something rwd that eats tyres anyway will eat them even more in MK.

Lots of Honda bashing. /dislike lol. Coming from Honda myself. Also again the MK thing, something nice and light is good. Its always start stop, theres no cruising around having to accelerate using what midrange punch you had. I used to easily dispatch 2l TSFI Audi`s and VW`s in my little 170bhp EK4. Big businessmen looking down on you because they had an A5 and you were in a ****ty 96 Civic and then you **** them all over the shop left them feeling a tad sore.

The DC5 was probably the last decent Type R. EP3 and FN2 were pretty poor and i dont think they deserve the badge quite honestly. EK9/DC2/NSX will forever be the greatest Type R`s.

Keep the A3, maybe spend a grand on a nice new turbo.

Bank the rest... swapping cars is big bucks... keep the A3, make it faster and save some cash.

Pretty much what im going to do instead of starting all over again on a different car. Doing the same mods to something else that you`ve only done on the last car in the year just gone by.

We all know that modding cars (whilst fun) is money down the drain.

Keep the A3, take the Mrs on a holiday (brownie points RULE) and save the rest for a rainy day. A few quid hidden away can be very handy this day in age... for example getting punted out of your new job after 3 months!.

easy to say mod your car etc - but that costs money and you never get it back, ever......

easy to say mod your car etc - but that costs money and you never get it back, ever......

Indeed, so keep the car, enjoy it, bank the cash and just enjoy it!.

Enjoy the relative cheap running, tax, insurance and maintenance etc.

Indeed, so keep the car, enjoy it, bank the cash and just enjoy it!.

Enjoy the relative cheap running, tax, insurance and maintenance etc.

LOL - that is an instant fail, he said he wanted a different car lol !!

hmm everyone keeps telling me to just keep my car. All my mates are sayin the same. Im just bored with it now and i dont really put more power in it. It wheelspins enough as it is. I would like to have all that money in the bank. No way im spending it on a holiday on her though. She wouldnt do that for me lol

Infact last time she got money she spanked it on an 09' beetle convertible

I think my priorities have changed, I just cant be ***** to change mine,... its good enough as it is and I'd not gain much from having a new one.

I'd rather have the dosh in the bank or enjoy non car related nice things for a while. 10K would go along way around the house!

Spend some cash and get a diff put in then lol. Less spin and make it more enjoyable to drive fast without just lighting up the inside wheel, especially in MK coming off of wet roundabouts. Something that happens in even my 150bhp A4 lol

Spend some cash and get a diff put in then lol. Less spin and make it more enjoyable to drive fast without just lighting up the inside wheel, especially in MK coming off of wet roundabouts. Something that happens in even my 150bhp A4 lol

yep it is a pain. I pulled away a bit quick at the traffic lights before the bridge by mine (wolverton park) and it was a bit muddy. The car started slidin all over the place. Luckily i was awake to correct it. I dunno what to do Tom you might be right mate. But were all set at home.

I might invest some in my new e-business perhaps. Marketing can get expensive.