Votes: 11 8.2%
  • S3

Votes: 69 51.5%
  • RS3

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
Yeah is a bizarre one. Many won't insure me either on an 2017 S3. 20 yrs old.
Tesco as well usually do well, I'm sure you've tried most, if like me you go trawling through a lot of them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That's surprising. I'm hoping to have an S3 or A5 in a few years so hopefully insurers will change their mind by then haha.

Yeah, Tesco won't insure me either. Just double checked with DirectLine and they won't give me a quote. Look like I'm stuck with post office insurance until I have my full license which will hopefully be soon.

Reactions: Adam14
£1.1k provisional for the 1.6L, will be about £2.2k full once I've passed my test. I'm 17 and the full insurance will be with a blackbox

Called everywhere for 2L and it was either about £4-6k or an invalid quote.

Oh wow, yeah I can see why it'd be expensive as a first car. ****** nice first car though!

Reactions: Kondax
1.5tsi Sportback S Line

Adaptive Cruise control / Parking System plus / Audi Sound system / Folding mirrors / Technology pack advanced / Hill hold assist / Advanced Key

White S3 Sportback for me with SS seats, red calipers, privacy glass. All you need even if @jassyo06 says different :whistle2:

Nardo A3 BE 1.5 TFSI for the Mrs with heated seats :yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Might not get a true spread as RS3 is a separate forum section but interesting to see the A3/S3 figures though

White S3 Sportback for me with SS seats, red calipers, privacy glass. All you need even if @jassyo06 says different :whistle2:

Nardo A3 BE 1.5 TFSI for the Mrs with heated seats :yes:

You've just described my perfect S3. :sob:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Might not get a true spread as RS3 is a separate forum section but interesting to see the A3/S3 figures though

Yeah, I realised RS3 owners had their own section after I posted it

Reactions: Audi Bairn
£1.1k provisional for the 1.6L, will be about £2.2k full once I've passed my test. I'm 17 and the full insurance will be with a blackbox

Called everywhere for 2L and it was either about £4-6k or an invalid quote.

I had my first 1.5 TFSI when I was 18, had a vauxhall corsa for about 3 months then went to the 1.5 TFSI, the insurance for me with Tesco was £2300 w/ black box and they hadn’t insured anyone my age with that car before so safe to say i was the first!

now i have my 2nd 1.5 TFSI due to an accident and renewal is coming up as £2200 lols, just depends on your areas car theft rates and other factors, one massive one is your age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kondax and Kayobong
Haha would've loved a 2.0 but insurance not so much.. plus it was £4k cheaper so who could've said no to that
Yep, me too! Thinking back now, I really don't know why I didn't get the 2.0. I think, if I remember right, the insurance was a good 1.5k higher and because of a few reasons, I really didn't have a huge amount of time when deciding which one to get (partly because all of the good ones I saw on the Audi Used site vanished after a day). It did turn out well though in the end. Literally only found out when I was signing for it that it was actually the Ultra edition and that I wouldn't have to pay any road tax and it helps save me a lot on fuel now! Still, it's a lot faster than my previous 1.0 Corsa haha

How much is it to insure? The 8V I'm going to collect Tuesday is a 2.0 TDI and I can get a decent insurance quote on it, and I'm only a 19 year old student.
Mine was £1140 with no black box and I'm 19 but I did make one or two... erm... 'adjustments' when filling the details out

Reactions: Kondax and Kayobong
Yep, me too! Thinking back now, I really don't know why I didn't get the 2.0. I think, if I remember right, the insurance was a good 1.5k higher and because of a few reasons, I really didn't have a huge amount of time when deciding which one to get (partly because all of the good ones I saw on the Audi Used site vanished after a day). It did turn out well though in the end. Literally only found out when I was signing for it that it was actually the Ultra edition and that I wouldn't have to pay any road tax and it helps save me a lot on fuel now! Still, it's a lot faster than my previous 1.0 Corsa haha

Mine was £1140 with no black box and I'm 19 but I did make one or two... erm... 'adjustments' when filling the details out

For the 2.o TDI I'm getting it's £1,200 with everything filled out properly, suffice to say I was pleasantly surprised as I'll be using it to commute to Uni and it'll be racking up the miles.

1.6L TDI A3 Black Edition.. Odd combination

A3 Saloon 1.6 TDi S Line. Nice to see a fellow 1.6 TDi owner! Feels like I'm the only one and everyone has a much faster engine than me.. haha

Seems like there are 3 of us now. 1.6 TDI 116PS manual FL here.

The reason I went for a 1.6 is that I got it incredibly cheap new - only 20 000 Euros with Business pack.

Edit: S-Tronic was additional 2200 Euro and 2.0 TDI was additional 7000 Euro.

Reactions: Kondax
Just curious about the percentage of people here who have an A3/S3/RS3. Also curious about your engine type if you've got an A3, so feel free to comment your engine type and any extras.
S3 pfl 2016 Sports back in Misano red.
a10061d1d0a782458fe2e672db5629ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75 and TYb
A3 2.0 TFSI quattro
Currently doing battle with my mpg and heavy right foot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the 2.o TDI I'm getting it's £1,200 with everything filled out properly, suffice to say I was pleasantly surprised as I'll be using it to commute to Uni and it'll be racking up the miles.
Fair play to ya. Wish I had the extra grunt but 1.6 is good enough for the streets. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Seems like there are 3 of us now. 1.6 TDI 116PS manual FL here.

The reason I went for a 1.6 is that I got it incredibly cheap new - only 20 000 Euros with Business pack.

Edit: S-Tronic was additional 2200 Euro and 2.0 TDI was additional 7000 Euro.
I think we need to get a 1.6 TDi club going haha. But wow that's a good price for the FL. Mine was £18k, PFL but S Line with a few extra features but with 10k on the clock. An extra 7000 Euros though for an extra 40ishhp isn't too great!

Reactions: Kayobong
Fair play to ya. Wish I had the extra grunt but 1.6 is good enough for the streets. Hope you enjoy it! :)

I think we need to get a 1.6 TDi club going haha. But wow that's a good price for the FL. Mine was £18k, PFL but S Line with a few extra features but with 10k on the clock. An extra 7000 Euros though for an extra 40ishhp isn't too great!

Thanks! :icon thumright: You can always get the 1.6 remapped to 150ish anyway.

Thanks! :icon thumright: You can always get the 1.6 remapped to 150ish anyway.
That's true! I rang my dealership up enquiring about modding the car and they said, for engine modding, I have to ring Audi up themselves and get permission off of them. I probably would do it but then no warranty :(

That's true! I rang my dealership up enquiring about modding the car and they said, for engine modding, I have to ring Audi up themselves and get permission off of them. I probably would do it but then no warranty :(
If it's on PCP you can do it. As long as when the car is returned it's "stock" they don't care

You can do it (as long as nothing major fails while you have the car).

First sniff of a mod that may put undue stress on the engine / transmission Audi will say no thanks to any warranty claim. Next they'll contact VWFS who will quite rightly claim you have breached their contract and exercise the clause in the PCP contract that demands you pay any outstanding finance immediately.

That said, its your decision in the end.

First sniff of a mod that may put undue stress on the engine / transmission Audi will say no thanks to any warranty claim. Next they'll contact VWFS who will quite rightly claim you have breached their contract and exercise the clause in the PCP contract that demands you pay any outstanding finance immediately.

Partly why I'd avoid finance if I can help it.

What'd you think insurance will be like with a tuning kit?

If it's on PCP you can do it. As long as when the car is returned it's "stock" they don't care

That's one thing I was a little surprised on. It's my first car on PCP (and only my second car that I've ever had, for that matter) and have always been told by people "you don't own it, the financing company does" etc etc etc so was really surprised to hear the guy on the phone say that I can do whatever I want to it and that it might even be a good thing since I could sell it myself at the end of the contract and make some extra money off of it.

That's true and from what I've gathered you can't just flash the ECU back to factory settings anymore with Audi's. Any tinkering is cached by the ECU and is permanently stored.

Just picked up my A3 8V today, I'm so happy with it! Absolutely teeming with options, listed the important ones in my signature.

Reactions: Jassyo06
More than I'm used to at least, probably seems pretty average in your S3's lol
I wasn't poking fun at the options pal just the spelling "Teeming" lol
Good to hear you’ve had a great and happy with yer car ....

I wasn't poking fun at the options pal just the spelling "Teeming" lol
Good to hear you’ve had a great and happy with yer car ....

Cheers!

Teeming is the correct spelling though?

teem1
tiːm/
verb
gerund or present participle: teeming
  1. be full of or swarming with.

Reactions: SamR92 and Jassyo06
Jassy is from the Glasgow area and we have our own rules on spelling and pronunciation. If you really want to see spelling errors...visit the Excited States (USA)

Last edited:
Reactions: Invicta, SamR92, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
2014 Revo Stage 2 Glacier White Black Pack/Edition S3

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2014-glacier-white-revo-s3.316334/

What I have done in a nut shell -

Exterior:

OEM Cabriolet 19" wheels
Michellin PS4S tyres
H&R 25mm Suspension
Forge insert of some sort under the car which I have completely forgotten its name
Rieger front spoiler
Gtechnic ceramic coating detail
De-rear wipered and glass bung replacement from gecleant.de

Engine:

Forge FMIC
APR Intake
APR Catch Can
Forge Throttle Pipe
Forge Intake Pipe
Forge turbo muffler
GFB+ DV
NGK/RS7 Spark Plugs
Milltek TBE
Revo Engine and DSG Stage 2 software
Washer bottle and coolant caps replaced with black items

Interior:

Extended leather pack (armrests and centre console)
Facelift 12v sockets
Next Base Dash Cam

More to come hopefully soon enough.

Reactions: Kayobong, Adam14 and Scotty75