What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

HDgoLst.jpg

8qZ2kDw.jpg

G3 clay mitt, megs uc using da, srp by hand, followed by simoniz original tin wax.

Gloss not the greatest, usually use turtlewax hybrid sealant, but read that the original wax is long lasting so will use the tw sealant to top up the protection next wash m

Correct me if l did'nt read your post right...you machined polished the paint with Megs Ultimate Compound....via a Dual Action polisher...then applied Super Resin polish by hand.....SRP....sole purpose is to mask paint defects and in the process add gloss....for the weekend warriors.....who dont own a machine polisher.........

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
Correct me if l did'nt read your post right...you machined polished the paint with Megs Ultimate Compound....via a Dual Action polisher...then applied Super Resin polish by hand.....SRP....sole purpose is to mask paint defects and in the process add gloss....for the weekend warriors.....who dont own a machine polisher.........

Yeah you read it right.
The uc takes out as much of the defects as possible, the srp hides anything left and adds gloss.
Once the srp wears off, the paint underneath is still nice.

What's the issue

Yeah you read it right.
The uc takes out as much of the defects as possible, the srp hides anything left and adds gloss.
Once the srp wears off, the paint underneath is still nice.

What's the issue

Just saying your doing wrong....That's All

Loving the Wind Tunnel honed coffin on the roof mate.....lol

We were off on holiday. 2 weeks away is a long time to spend 24/7 with the missus, especially after several months of lockdown. Good to have body transportation/disposal options :whistle2:

Reactions: Scotty75, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Just saying your doing wrong....That's All
The paintwork looks good at the end of it, what did I do wrong.
I'm not a pro, always willing to learn, but atm all youve mentioned is that srp is used by weekend warriors.

My thinking was along the lines of the srp would be the polish stage after cutting with uc.

The paintwork looks good at the end of it, what did I do wrong.
I'm not a pro, always willing to learn, but atm all youve mentioned is that srp is used by weekend warriors.

My thinking was along the lines of the srp would be the polish stage after cutting with uc.

You've got yourself a decent finish, so be happy.

I think the point our Jassy was making was you’ve done half the job with the DA and Megs compound to correct the paint :thumbs up:...

...but then finished off with a hand polish using a product that fills scratches with resins and fillers without actually correcting the paint (or not by much). So you’ve gone so far, then given up?

The method you’ve used is just a bit unusual pal, that’s all.

Reactions: josul and NevMan
I'm with you.
What would have been a better alternative to the srp?

Reactions: Jimbob76
I'm with you.
What would have been a better alternative to the srp?

After using the ‘cutting’ polish, use a finishing polish with the DA to remove any holograms etc.

Same concept as when using sandpaper on wood - start with a coarse paper to do the hard work, and finish with a finer grade to get rid of the scratch marks caused by the coarse grade and get a really smooth finish.

Selection of finishing polishes here...

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/paint-correction/car-polish-compounds/fine-cut-polishes

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and samisnake
SRP....sole purpose is to mask paint defects and in the process add gloss .
@samisnake - ^ This
You'll be lucky to see the effects of SRP last longer than 5-7 days TBH
If your wanting to use a glaze there a better, longer lasting ones out there
I just don't know why you would use a glaze after machining your car

Plenty of info on DW if you dare to have a look
I warn you it could cost lol
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

Reactions: Jimbob76, NevMan and Jassyo06
Last weekend I decided to to a decent clean on mine, not had a proper deep clean since last year!

This was after I had put the iron out on it!!! For those that don't know when it turns pink it's found fallout on the paint!

Iron1
Iron2
Iron3
Iron4

This was after I'd finished:

Clean1

Clean2

Reactions: V6_Man, Pinky1959, Jonnie and 3 others
Gave the interior a nice clean; used some valet pro leather cleaner on the steering wheel, seats and the rest of the leather bits. I used sonax cockpit cleaner for the rest of the interior. Got a nice Matt look on the leather now although it needs some work on the bolsters are they’re showing some more serious wear.

fcebbc8034309189ea4b904b4e8486d9.jpg

Reactions: S32B, Bristle Hound and NevMan
Following a respray of bonnet due to roofer dropping Dewalt battery of roof onto bonnet, I clayed, did a single stage correction (4 passes), and finished with finishing pad and Gyeon Prime (SIO2 prep) and coated with Gyeon Q2 Pure. Did the sides and onto doors as paint was blended. Very pleased with results.

2fdd0b0c60e2b599a874c88cc65b3d2c.jpg

f011e8934cbf0bc33c532024a915c655.jpg

0febb707a3559b61dca38449a04d02a3.jpg

8766dd09282afb89fef6a20fbda86040.jpg

a513c246dd0461e15beba5e460c10f85.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 5 others
Following a respray of bonnet due to roofer dropping Dewalt battery of roof onto bonnet, I clayed, did a single stage correction (4 passes), and finished with finishing pad and Gyeon Prime (SIO2 prep) and coated with Gyeon Q2 Pure. Did the sides and onto doors as paint was blended. Very pleased with results.

2fdd0b0c60e2b599a874c88cc65b3d2c.jpg

f011e8934cbf0bc33c532024a915c655.jpg

0febb707a3559b61dca38449a04d02a3.jpg

8766dd09282afb89fef6a20fbda86040.jpg

a513c246dd0461e15beba5e460c10f85.jpg

Mate, had to take a 24 hour ‘breather’ before replying to this. Your roofer dropped a Dewalt battery? Off the ******’ roof? On to the NEW Mini Coop S’s bonnet? What the actual F?!!

I would have been absolutely incandescent. Said roofer would have shortly followed his battery off the roof if this was my car (obviously with a carefully calculated trajectory, to miss the Mini, and the X3 and avoid any blood splatter on either car, lol).

But you are a proper gent, so I’m sure you were as cool as a cucumber (whilst raging inside). How did that conversation go pal?!!! Yowzer.

That said - perfick finish - loving the sublime reflections (and the coral polo shirt) mate :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Mate, had to take a 24 hour ‘breather’ before replying to this. Your roofer dropped a Dewalt battery? Off the ******’ roof? On to the NEW Mini Coop S’s bonnet? What the actual F?!!

I would have been absolutely incandescent. Said roofer would have shortly followed his battery off the roof if this was my car (obviously with a carefully calculated trajectory, to miss the Mini, and the X3 and avoid any blood splatter on either car, lol).

But you are a proper gent, so I’m sure you were as cool as a cucumber (whilst raging inside). How did that conversation go pal?!!! Yowzer.

That said - perfick finish - loving the sublime reflections (and the coral polo shirt) mate :thumbs up:

Mate, you do crack me up, the roofer following the battery did cross my mind!!
We had popped out IN THE X3!! If we had gone in the Mini, all would have been fine. I was raging as you say, but was done, so then focussed on getting sorted, like driving the Mini straight-away to my chosen repairer, and booked in for the following week!

Thanks, pleased with result, that Flex DA I bought from @jassyo06 is quite the machine. Please the Coral colour comes through ;-)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jimbob76
good stuff that, but just never disappears from driveway as I am sure you have found out. Worth using with Polar wash and Seal over winter

I second the driveway issue foam for the whole day and blowing about the grass lol, I have changed and stuck with Bilt hamber auto foam not as nice smelling but a very good product to add to the full compliment of Bilt hamber products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Bishop187
Quick Sunday morning spruce up

chemical guys shampoo
Chemical guys butter wax ( really easy to apply and remove)
Dodo juice future armour sealant

Attachments

• 669DC61A-16D3-4241-BFEF-208AEEC615A0.jpeg
    669DC61A-16D3-4241-BFEF-208AEEC615A0.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Corrected the paint on the driver’s side the other day, took quite a few hours and still have the skirts to correct. They're an awkward angle so I may have to do it by hand.
I used some Scholl S17+ with a hex green pad for the first stage following up with some Menzerna 3500 with a white hex pad and finally used some auto finesse tripple for some protection and gloss for the last layer. I'm thinking of going back over it all again with some Scholl S3 Gold as there are a few deeper scratches which don't appear to have gone through the clear coat. There are also a couple of stone chips which need touching up.

I am thinking of getting my front bumper resprayed as it has clearly been smart repaired at some point and the lacquer looks like it may start to peel soon and there's a fair amount of stone chips.

Correction os 1 Correction os 2 Correction os 3

Reactions: Bryant1998, Rossco13, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Corrected the paint on the driver’s side the other day, took quite a few hours and still have the skirts to correct. They're an awkward angle so I may have to do it by hand.
I used some Scholl S17+ with a hex green pad for the first stage following up with some Menzerna 3500 with a white hex pad and finally used some auto finesse tripple for some protection and gloss for the last layer. I'm thinking of going back over it all again with some Scholl S3 Gold as there are a few deeper scratches which don't appear to have gone through the clear coat. There are also a couple of stone chips which need touching up.

I am thinking of getting my front bumper resprayed as it has clearly been smart repaired at some point and the lacquer looks like it may start to peel soon and there's a fair amount of stone chips.

View attachment 209434 View attachment 209435 View attachment 209436

Looking good mate

Reactions: Kayobong

View attachment 209434 View attachment 209435 View attachment 209436

Dont use the Green Hex Logic pad for older paint use the Yellow one....Green is normally used on newish paint that has'nt accumulated a lot of wear and tear....remember the Sprint Blue will pretty resiiliant to paint correction.....

Reactions: NevMan
Dont use the Green Hex Logic pad for older paint use the Yellow one....Green is normally used on newish paint that has'nt accumulated a lot of wear and tear....remember the Sprint Blue will pretty resiiliant to paint correction.....

It's not been too resilient thus far; I'd rather start with less and work my way up to harsher combinations. I will give the yellow pad a go, any compound you recommend?

It's not been too resilient thus far; I'd rather start with less and work my way up to harsher combinations. I will give the yellow pad a go, any compound you recommend?

To be honest there aint much of a difference between the Green,Orange,yellow hex quantum pads mate...but l tend to find the orange and yellow pads correct paint faster.....Menzerna 2200.....medium or Menzerna 1000 heavy cut.....

Reactions: Kayobong
Interior glass cleaned after l washed and dried the car **** me gently....interior glass cleaning is my least fave chore on a car....especially cleaning the inside of the rear window of an A3 Saloon....done now....thank ****

Reactions: Scotty75
Hello James hope ya well mate
Feel ya pain there. 7 hour stint for me today. A3 done inside and out , nothing left out. Single stage polish with S20, wax done with AG UHD. A ton of other products used . Too many to list lol ! A3 is looking suitably impressive if I do say so myself

...... and before you say it ........ no I ain't done the Gyeon yet . Saving that fir the S3 were buying next year

Off out for some dinner and a couple of sherberts in a bit cos I've blooming earned it

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hello James hope ya well mate
Feel ya pain there. 7 hour stint for me today. A3 done inside and out , nothing left out. Single stage polish with S20, wax done with AG UHD. A ton of other products used . Too many to list lol ! A3 is looking suitably impressive if I do say so myself

...... and before you say it ........ no I ain't done the Gyeon yet . Saving that fir the S3 were buying next year

Off out for some dinner and a couple of sherberts in a bit cos I've blooming earned it

Stranger....Stranger.....lol great te hear fe mate sherbets...just cracked open a few....that glass cleaning stint pushed over the edge....lol Enjoy

Thought I'd add to my recent post regarding Sundays 7 hour detail of the A3

Autoglym UHD Wax is the dogs ********. Did a single stage polish using CG Quantum Yellow pads with Scholl S20. Went in hard being honest but after a lot of practice felt confident with the Das6 Pro Plus . It paid off ! Used BH Cleanse after that , also the dogs ******** !

Made applying AG UHD Wax a piece of cake. Really good product to use and the puck they supply is great. Well worth the money.

Paint is left silky and is absolutely popping, black isn't easy to get right but the UHD wax makes it reflect every little bit of light . Will post a photo tomorrow. So far can't praise this wax enough, just hoping it passes the durability test

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Kayobong
Stranger....Stranger.....lol great te hear fe mate sherbets...just cracked open a few....that glass cleaning stint pushed over the edge....lol Enjoy
Ended up too knackered for dinner out must be the age !! Ended up indoors , having a Chinese and a few of these on the rocks ........ no complaints I tell ya ........
a412612f5aace6ae7fce6d097d0993db.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Kayobong
Interior glass cleaned after l washed and dried the car **** me gently....interior glass cleaning is my least fave chore on a car....especially cleaning the inside of the rear window of an A3 Saloon....done now....thank ****

How do you clean your interior glass? I can’t seem to find a method which doesn’t leave tiny bits of fluff. Even using a new glass cloth will result in the same thing

Thought I'd add to my recent post regarding Sundays 7 hour detail of the A3

Autoglym UHD Wax is the dogs ********. Did a single stage polish using CG Quantum Yellow pads with Scholl S20. Went in hard being honest but after a lot of practice felt confident with the Das6 Pro Plus . It paid off ! Used BH Cleanse after that , also the dogs ******** !

Made applying AG UHD Wax a piece of cake. Really good product to use and the puck they supply is great. Well worth the money.

Paint is left silky and is absolutely popping, black isn't easy to get right but the UHD wax makes it reflect every little bit of light . Will post a photo tomorrow. So far can't praise this wax enough, just hoping it passes the durability test

Need some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you clean your interior glass? I can’t seem to find a method which doesn’t leave tiny bits of fluff. Even using a new glass cloth will result in the same thing
I use AG Fast Glass with cheap MF cloths, not plush MF's. Streak free and no fluff.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Kayobong
@Kayobong

Some photos of the Sportback as promised. Products used :
AG Polar Blast
Angelwax Shampoo
Scholl S20
CG Quantum Yellow pads
BH Cleanse
AG UHD Wax
Perl
Swiss Swisswax Seal feed
WD40
Autosol
Megs Plast RX
Angelwax AnGEL
Angelwax Heaven for leather
Angelwax Absolution
Megs APC
AG Fast Glass

I'm no David Bailey so hopefully the photos do it justice. Rained this morning and the beading was first class.
e53ec3ee6963311ae2a51ceb55bab730.jpg
c8a6708afcaedb66d71150a4e48b9e19.jpg
aae981a42bcc649e1133c6bd7f81b515.jpg
5590df14a3f74a6e53d9275374d0144e.jpg
c9268a05b5963e70bca512a07c8c98c6.jpg

a9f526f4603d18af457f3f5d6930c88b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Great work @Scotty75 - A3 looks fab buddy :thumbs up:

Just outta interest what are you guys paying for the Autoglym UHD Wax kit?
TIA

@Kayobong

Some photos of the Sportback as promised. Products used :
AG Polar Blast
Angelwax Shampoo
Scholl S20
CG Quantum Yellow pads
BH Cleanse
AG UHD Wax
Perl
Swiss Swisswax Seal feed
WD40
Autosol
Angelwax AnGEL
Megs APC
AG Fast Glass

I'm no David Bailey so hopefully the photos do it justice. Rained this morning and the beading was first class.
e53ec3ee6963311ae2a51ceb55bab730.jpg
c8a6708afcaedb66d71150a4e48b9e19.jpg
aae981a42bcc649e1133c6bd7f81b515.jpg
5590df14a3f74a6e53d9275374d0144e.jpg
c9268a05b5963e70bca512a07c8c98c6.jpg

Looking mint mate. Lovely looking 8V you have there. I really do rate Scholl products. My S3 is filthy, hasn't been cleaned since my last post on here! All I've done is give it a hoover.